ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts add to the discussion are are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions. You must not post referral links in this forum.

How to check Amazon.com gift card expiry date

Postby kb123 » 31 Dec 2018, 16:45

I received Amazon .com gift card(s) as a gift through mail 2 years back. I have not used the gift cards till date. Now I want to sell/exchange for FC at a discounted price. Before doing so I want to know the gift card's expiry date. In Amazon. com website there is no option to know the expiry date/balance before applying the same. Is it possible to know the expiry date/balance before applying into Amazon. com account?

kb123

ForumCoin: 153

Re: How to check Amazon.com gift card expiry date

Postby cmoneyspinner » 31 Dec 2018, 22:53

I checked to make sure but according to Amazon the gift cards issued after October 1, 2005 do not expire.
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/b ... 091/pop-up

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 841

Postby Rosalin » 04 Jan 2019, 08:00

Most of the time, all these gift cards have 1 year validity. When you will receive the gift card, there will be all the details in your mail. Read that properly.. You will know about the expire date. And yes, when that card will be expired, you will receive a notification in your e-mail and registered phone number.

Rosalin

ForumCoin: 341

Postby cmoneyspinner » 05 Jan 2019, 21:11

Rosalin wrote:Most of the time, all these gift cards have 1 year validity. When you will receive the gift card, there will be all the details in your mail. Read that properly.. You will know about the expire date. And yes, when that card will be expired, you will receive a notification in your e-mail and registered phone number.

This just my humble opinion. But quite frankly I think gift cards with expiration dates are CHEATS! You've already paid CASH for the CARD. If you had cash it wouldn't have an expiration date. Why does the card have an expiration date? It's just cash in a card form! Anyway ... if I were going to buy a gift card for someone I would make sure I buy a card that does not have an expiration date.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 841

Postby kb123 » 05 Jan 2019, 21:54

Rosalin wrote:Most of the time, all these gift cards have 1 year validity. When you will receive the gift card, there will be all the details in your mail

Amazon.in gift cards has the validity of one year from the date of issue. They will also mention the expiry date in the mail. But in Amazon. com gift card, expiry date has not been mentioned in the received mail. I am also unable to use the gift card into my Amazon .in account.

kb123

ForumCoin: 153

Postby Jinglebells » 09 Jan 2019, 00:19

i thought they never expire but i use right away. 8-)

Jinglebells

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 68

Postby suny » 09 Jan 2019, 01:04

Different card companies use different validity period. The best way is to check the expiry by going to the particular site and check it by providing the card number.

suny

Referrals: 62
ForumCoin: 1,543

Postby kingcool52 » 09 Jan 2019, 17:58

You could always try talking to their live chat. Make sure to say that its because you want to give it as a present to a friend and not that you want to sell it. That way, they'll be certain to help you out

kingcool52

ForumCoin: 97

Postby Tina30219 » 12 Jan 2019, 18:00

Rosalin wrote:Most of the time, all these gift cards have 1 year validity. When you will receive the gift card, there will be all the details in your mail. Read that properly.. You will know about the expire date. And yes, when that card will be expired, you will receive a notification in your e-mail and registered phone number.
As long as you add the card to your amazon account it never expires not sure about how long the card itself is good far.

Tina30219

ForumCoin: 113

Postby A K Rao » 12 Jan 2019, 19:24

I never got any amazon.com gift card , so I can't reply to your query! But from the other gift cards that we receive in India I am sure that the expiry date is boldly mentioned on the card through which one can use the card accordingly!

A K Rao

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 388

Postby Tina30219 » 12 Jan 2019, 19:27

A K Rao wrote:I never got any amazon.com gift card , so I can't reply to your query! But from the other gift cards that we receive in India I am sure that the expiry date is boldly mentioned on the card through which one can use the card accordingly!
Yes if there is a expiration date on a card most of them will say on the back of it somewhere.

Tina30219

Postby kanchan18 » 26 Jan 2019, 15:11

In India all amazon.in gift card has one year life i.e. they expire after one year from the date of issue.
AMAZON.COM gift card though dont have such problem. Validity of your card should be mentioned in the email you received.

kanchan18

ForumCoin: 485

Postby Tina30219 » 26 Jan 2019, 18:47

kanchan18 wrote:In India all amazon.in gift card has one year life i.e. they expire after one year from the date of issue.
AMAZON.COM gift card though dont have such problem. Validity of your card should be mentioned in the email you received.
Even if it is added to your account does it still expire in one year in India? I know in USA it don’t expire at all once in your account don’t know about actual card because I never get them.

Tina30219

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum