New: Contest May 1 to May 31 – Prize 500 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Re: Have you ever bought discounted food items?

Postby anilmr » 12 Jan 2019, 22:17

When it comes to food items I do not make any compromise with the quality. Yes with some perishable items like fish for example the price is not fixed. It will be highest in the morning and as day passes by the price will start dropping down. It will be at the lowest when it's time to close the shop.

anilmr

ForumCoin: 1,012

Postby augusta » 13 Jan 2019, 01:34

I don't think discounted prices is only for items that are of low value though a lot seller do this mostly for bad product but there are some sellers that just want to sell at a discount even with very top quality product.

augusta

ForumCoin: 238

Postby tusziget » 13 Jan 2019, 04:35

I have seen that too.Sometimes there are quality products at discount price to attract more clients, and then I buy products at lower price.

tusziget

ForumCoin: 253

Postby riddy09 » 14 Jan 2019, 08:43

If the delivery of the food or products is faster than buying locally then, it will better. But for me, it's not practical when you really need the food or products to buy it online even if it is discounted.

riddy09

ForumCoin: 231

Postby simplyfred » 14 Jan 2019, 09:46

Yes, usually for bread. Those who are near to their expiration are sold on 50% basis or on buy one take one.

simplyfred

ForumCoin: 196

Postby ceci » 14 Jan 2019, 11:03

I went to a newly open bakery for enjoying 20% during the first month since opening this month.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 895

Postby katkat » 14 Jan 2019, 12:18

If I am going to use the product before the expiration date then I see no problem with that. We just have to not forget it so we won't be a victim of throwing our money. There are times when we forget things, so better use it as soon as possible.

katkat

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 403

Postby A K Rao » 14 Jan 2019, 15:13

I have got a bottle of pickle free when I purchased one from the local departmental store, that was buy one get one free scheme....that means I almost got the product at the half price or with a discount of 50% ! I was happy with the deal as the pickle is also good to taste and consume!

A K Rao

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 944

Postby tusziget » 15 Jan 2019, 04:48

I like the fact that local stores and hypermarkets on some weeks have discounts on quality products as well.I like these periods when there are discounts of 30%-50%.

tusziget

Postby kaka135 » 15 Jan 2019, 04:54

We have them here as well. I don't purposely go and look for those discounted food items, but when I go grocery shopping if I've found them and if I would like to eat the food, then I'll just buy it. I usually consume the food straight after I reach home. It's still okay since it's not expired yet.

kaka135

ForumCoin: 107

Postby anorona » 15 Jan 2019, 05:14

I see a lot of it from grocery store. they are often separated and located near the cashier or entrance to catch the attention of the costumers. I have tried some of it before but I make sure to consume those foods right away.

anorona

ForumCoin: 261

Postby tusziget » 17 Jan 2019, 05:01

I have seen those type of products as well in stores in a separated section.They have shorter validity date, that is why the store is selling them at cheaper price.

tusziget

Postby jackchun » 17 Jan 2019, 05:02

of course we always bought discount products in hk, it's very common in hk, as usually the product can't sell well as the reason

jackchun

ForumCoin: 1,390

Postby Kei » 17 Jan 2019, 05:17

Yes I have. What I've noticed perhaps is that some of the items that get discounts have lesser quality than the rest. This means that they wouldn't lose anyways.

Kei

ForumCoin: 276

Postby A K Rao » 17 Jan 2019, 19:15

jackchun wrote:of course we always bought discount products in hk, it's very common in hk, as usually the product can't sell well as the reason

Yes, many a times some products are not popular in the market and consumers may not show interest in them , such food articles are sold at discounted rates though they have long expiry date! But then such products are onky purchased by the people who think pros and cons about these products as they are not necessities many a times!

A K Rao

ForumCoin: 944

PreviousNext

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum