*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Must Read > Notice Regarding Referral Links in this Section

Postby Fergal » 12 May 2015, 19:32

Hi,

Members are welcome to include affiliate IDs and referral links in their signatures and by posting a new topic in our ForumCoin AdsLotto - Post Your Ad and Win a Million advertising section.

Please note the following from our Forum Rules & Guidelines:

Advertising is only allowed in your signature and the specific advertising forum sections

Until now we have not strictly enforced this rule here in the Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum. However, please note that this rule will now be enforced. Topics which include referral or affiliate links will be moved to the appropriate advertising forum section and we reserve the right to charge up to 100 ForumCoin per topic moved, if it was posted after the time of this announcement.

Thanks for your participation and understanding. Please reply if you have any questions.

Last edited by Fergal on 07 Jul 2021, 06:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Ad forum link updated
Best Year Ever :D

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 11,998

Banner Ad

Re: Notice Regarding Referral Links in this Section

Postby halcyon220 » 12 May 2015, 20:09

I don't understand...what are you trying to say? :?:

halcyon220

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 207

Postby CyberFreak » 12 May 2015, 23:03

Quite simply this section is not for advertising sites for your own benefit. Some users are filling this forum with topics promoting their referral link to make themselves money.

If you find a useful site and want to share it or discuss it, you can do so in this section aslong as you do not receive anything from posting the link. In other words don't post links to money making sites you own or referral links to other sites. That is what the Other Member Ads & Promotion - Website & Link Showcase forum is for.

Topics like the following are example of what should not be posted in the "Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum" section
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2227
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2220

🙏Stay safe, look after one another and be positive!🙏

After the 31st of January, I will no longer offer Crypto exchanges ---> Read more Information!
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 45,470

Postby halcyon220 » 12 May 2015, 23:07

CyberFreak wrote:Quite simply this section is not for advertising sites for your own benefit. Some users are filling this forum with topics promoting their referral link to make themselves money.

If you find a useful site and want to share it or discuss it, you can do so in this section aslong as you do not receive anything from posting the link. In other words don't post links to money making sites you own or referral links to other sites. That is what the Other Member Ads & Promotion - Website & Link Showcase forum is for.

Topics like the following are example of what should not be posted in the "Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum" section
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2227
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2220

I see. I've posted my referral before, I do apologize. I assume I should take it down?

halcyon220

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 207

Postby Pollex4 » 13 May 2015, 04:41

Oh, I see. This is good as it implies that the admin are really working and analyzing the forum. THUMBS UP!

Pollex4

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 124

Postby jacktheking » 13 May 2015, 05:02

Hmm.. On Bitcointalk and many other forums, they do allow referral link for link for those who made good and detailed thread/guide. I would suggest ForumCoin to do this too. Else, ForumCoin wont have good quality thread in BMW forum.

jacktheking
MMO Site Owner
MMO Site Owner

ForumCoin: 162

Postby kittenz7 » 13 May 2015, 05:19

Oh :o I was planning on posting my referral. It is good i have seen this before I did. Ok. Cool. Got it! :D

kittenz7
Banned

ForumCoin: 205

Postby DinheiroGelada » 13 May 2015, 10:53

jacktheking wrote:Hmm.. On Bitcointalk and many other forums, they do allow referral link for link for those who made good and detailed thread/guide. I would suggest ForumCoin to do this too. Else, ForumCoin wont have good quality thread in BMW forum.

My opinion too. As a money making blogger, it's a bummer to know this :(

DinheiroGelada

Referrals: 96
ForumCoin: 50

Postby CyberFreak » 13 May 2015, 13:23

jacktheking wrote:Hmm.. On Bitcointalk and many other forums, they do allow referral link for link for those who made good and detailed thread/guide. I would suggest ForumCoin to do this too. Else, ForumCoin wont have good quality thread in BMW forum.
There are two issues when it comes to this sort of thing.
Firstly if users are getting something in return, they are not going to be fully truthful. If you are promoting a site wanting users to sign up and help you earn more, you are going to make it sound good, exaggerate a bit and fail to mention any negatives or selected negatives about the site. This causes alot of bad websites being portrayed as being good and misleading people and therefore wasting users time and devaluing this section.

Secondly, it is hard to define what is a good and detailed thread. Is it a truthful one, a long copy and paste ad or something short but informative. It will be hard for us to draw a consistent line and enforce something that is pretty vague.

We have a section dedicated for ads so it just seems logical to put them all in one forum and leave this section to normal discussions minus the ads. If you look at this forum at the moment, there is so many ads and it doesn't make this section high quality. Active yes but quality no. It is only recently that this has become an issue and after we allowed a few users to post, a truckload of other topics flooded in. The enforcing of an exisiting rule will not stop quality posts in this forum, it will help make them more visible. It stops them being hidden by topics promoting every new badly made PTC site on Buxhost that will not last more then a few months. We are not stopping users promoting, we are simply getting users to promote where they should and not where they shouldn't. The only different thing now is that you have to open a new topic in another section.

After the 31st of January, I will no longer offer Crypto exchanges ---> Read more Information!
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Postby ksridharprasad » 13 May 2015, 17:25

Hi Friends,

I have understand the new amendment made by forumcoin admin about referral link, forum coin provide a column to advertise our referral link below the column is mentioned as "add your signture on forumcoin". The details may be with the admin.

ksridharprasad

Referrals: 13
ForumCoin: 292

Postby DinheiroGelada » 13 May 2015, 19:46

CyberFreak wrote:Firstly if users are getting something in return, they are not going to be fully truthful.

That's not true. If people lie to you, you'll lose your trust in them. This happens more than once and people will start calling you a lier. Also liers are gonna be liers, and they're gonna be spotted. Other will tell the truth and they'll be trusted more and more. I try to fit in the second class as much as possible, because I saw the rewards of being someone who adds value/honesty to things. It's amazing!!

CyberFreak wrote:Secondly, it is hard to define what is a good and detailed thread. Is it a truthful one, a long copy and paste ad or something short but informative. It will be hard for us to draw a consistent line and enforce something that is pretty vague.

This is true, but start adding rules, and this forum may change it's course. Even more if you're not talking to your members.

CyberFreak wrote:We have a section dedicated for ads so it just seems logical to put them all in one forum and leave this section to normal discussions minus the ads.

Logical and inefficient, because it will never have the same traffic as other parts of the forum. Also, I wouldn't be able to link my thread in the "ads part" to the one which is a well made guide/tutorial... Will I?

CyberFreak wrote: If you look at this forum at the moment, there is so many ads and it doesn't make this section high quality. Active yes but quality no. It is only recently that this has become an issue and after we allowed a few users to post, a truckload of other topics flooded in. The enforcing of an exisiting rule will not stop quality posts in this forum, it will help make them more visible. It stops them being hidden by topics promoting every new badly made PTC site on Buxhost that will not last more then a few months.

Yeah, but who is fault is that? Everyone's? I'm just saying here, I'm gonna stay at ForumCoin as long as it's something that fits me (fun wise and money wise), but sometimes I feel like I'm being restricted without cause.

This is the second time. The other one was the 25 post thing. I did not tell you guys before, but I'm pretty sure that if I post 50 posts today... Then 10 tomorrow - I'll make no money, because the restriction's still on. This can be easily avoided, by waiting 1-2 days until your limitation goes off, but it's not how a forum is supposed to be, is it?

Them you may ask "but who the hell is gonna post 50 times a day?". Look at the off topic section, there are so many fun games and topics, I don't feel encouraged at participating anymore (not so much) because of this limitation, if I go past my 25 posts, it'll just slower down my earnings by dragging the limit further.

I'm pretty sure you guys can understand it better if you experience it. You can actually be an active member here without receiving money (at least I saw this the first 1-2 days where I went trough the limit of 25 a day). I wasn't looking for money (besides my 25 posts), but I was actually hurting my earnings by posting more. :shock:

Now, I'm just defending this cause because it affects me as someone who spend a lot of time finding new ways to get money (and be the first to post a guide and earn referrals). The truth is I'm gonna stay here at FC even with this change. But it's the "second strike", lets say.

Bureaucracy is bad guys. Very bad. If you're going to put some rules up, talk to your community, ask for feedback and try to find creative ways to achieve what you want. I agree people are spamming the same websites over and over. But there are also some good guides teaching people new ways to earn money. Aren't they worth getting referrals? Me and a few others think so.

Anyway, take this as feedback from one member, not as the ultimate truth. But at the very least, talk more with your members before setting rules up.

Sorry for the wall :D :D

DinheiroGelada

Postby CyberFreak » 13 May 2015, 20:29

In regards to the 25 post restriction, we made clear that we are trailing it and we are open to change. It is still a recent change and we have read all the feedback and changes may be happening. Maybe we could/should have asked for feedback before hand in this case. That said, this topic isn't about that change.

In regards to this topic, we are not actually changing the rules or anything like that. We are just purely enforcing the rules that have been there since day 1. Asking for feedback from members in regards to this is pretty pointless in my opinion as the rules haven't changed and users should be following them having agreed to use the forum following the rules. Asking users what they think about us enforcing a rule users have been breaking seem a bit over the top. I have never seen a website owner say "Hey, we have this rule but we have been kind and let a few people break it but now it is getting out of hand, any objections to actually enforcing this rule you all agreed to?". If we were not so lenient in the first place, this discussion wouldn't be happening now.

Logical and inefficient, because it will never have the same traffic as other parts of the forum. Also, I wouldn't be able to link my thread in the "ads part" to the one which is a well made guide/tutorial... Will I?
Things shouldn't be based on where there is most traffic and instead should be focused on where it should be. Take a big forum like forumpromotion.net/forum/ . I could post an advert in the "Intellectual Talk" as it is the most popular section with alot of activity but it is against the rules and I would instead have to post in the designated promotion section. Users can't just go breaking rules because a section is more active than another.

You can easily put your guide in the same topic as your guide so users can follow it when they sign up through your add or you can post your guide in this forum and link to it in your ad.

The reason why we wrote this rule in the first place was to keep things organised and separate ads from discussions. I can understand your point of view as you feel you will make less money but from our point of view had 2 forums containing ads and no forum dedicated to general discussions to making money.

That's not true. If people lie to you, you'll lose your trust in them. This happens more than once and people will start calling you a lier. Also liers are gonna be liers, and they're gonna be spotted. Other will tell the truth and they'll be trusted more and more. I try to fit in the second class as much as possible, because I saw the rewards of being someone who adds value/honesty to things. It's amazing!!
Fair point. What I should have said is that most users will not be fully truthful. I spend alot of time in the PTC world and am used to seeing alot of users paint some of the PTC sites as being the greatest websites on the internet by failing to mention that the owner has been involved in many other PTC's that turned scam or that the owner is constantly changing payout rules and making it harder and harder to cashout.

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Postby DinheiroGelada » 14 May 2015, 00:06

I actually get your point. Maybe I got the wrong impression when I joined. :D

DinheiroGelada

Postby makeitrealformepussy » 14 May 2015, 03:58

Well, I have never posted any links in this forum so I guess I have no problems then.

makeitrealformepussy
Banned

ForumCoin: 135

Postby Cloudlin » 18 May 2015, 19:00

Yeah I think we really needed this post.Thanks

Cloudlin

ForumCoin: 36

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum