ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts add to the discussion are are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Do You Transact by Cash or Card?

Postby A K Rao » 02 Aug 2018, 07:24

In India most of the people they prefer to make transactions by cash for day to day expenditure.

If we go to the local market or to small restaurants or to small shops they want cash instead of Card payment.

Though after the demonetization of the currency in the recent past transaction by the Cards and electronic wallets have come into existence in full swing, but with the passing time they are taking back seat with common man in the transactions.

Since Government has imposed a condition that anything above Rs.200000/- can't be transacted in cash people under duress are completing their transactions either by the cards or electronic transactions, instead of Cash.

How do you transact on day today basis? :)

A K Rao

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 527

Re: Do You Transact by Cash or Card?

Postby anorona » 02 Aug 2018, 09:02

It depends. Most of the time when I am doing groceries or shopping, I always use cash. But when there’s promo or discount, i use card or QR payment.

anorona

ForumCoin: 144

Postby ceci » 02 Aug 2018, 09:21

Most of the time I use my card if possible, because I need to hit a certain amount of total spending in order to enjoy some cash back.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 576

Postby JASPREET » 02 Aug 2018, 09:55

Yes this is the important thing and you can save some amount from your purchases with that way

JASPREET

ForumCoin: 263

Postby simplyfred » 02 Aug 2018, 11:05

Since I don't have a card yet all I do is cash transactions. But I am planning to get one on this year to see the difference and of course to verified my Paypal with it.

simplyfred

ForumCoin: 1,361

Postby ahmedo24 » 02 Aug 2018, 11:49

It all depends on the nature of transactions and the class of people you transact with, there are some business that need immediate cash to refill their goods so such business need cash and some local vendors don't even have account number for transactions

ahmedo24

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 1,476

Postby morgoodie » 02 Aug 2018, 11:51

I use my debit card for all my transactions. I don't usually have cash on me since I get direct deposit my whole check. I find it easier to just use my debit card and it is like cash since it comes right out of my checking account. I don't have a credit card anymore.

morgoodie

Postby chicnthin » 02 Aug 2018, 13:54

I don't have any cards to use so cash transaction is what I do.

chicnthin

ForumCoin: 19

Postby ruthmongare » 02 Aug 2018, 14:17

I use cash mostly for shopping. Cards are mostly used by the employeed persons with families.

ruthmongare

ForumCoin: 270

Postby darkthorn » 02 Aug 2018, 14:20

Most time I use the debit card or credit card to pay my shoppings, unfortunately in the last weeks I've been without a car and so I have to live buying my stuff in the only shop nearby and there I have to use cash.

darkthorn

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 188

Postby SUPERSINGH » 02 Aug 2018, 14:43

I also shop with my debit card and also take the option of paying through UPI as its fast and takes very less time

SUPERSINGH

Referrals: 115
ForumCoin: 2,137

Postby FeedMeMore » 02 Aug 2018, 15:32

All nearby shops accept Visa and MasterCard, I don't carry a lot of cash in my wallet when I go shopping so I always prefer to pay with my debit visa card.

FeedMeMore

ForumCoin: 984

Postby A K Rao » 02 Aug 2018, 15:39

ahmedo24 wrote:It all depends on the nature of transactions and the class of people you transact with, there are some business that need immediate cash to refill their goods so such business need cash and some local vendors don't even have account number for transactions

Yes, in India also we have such vendors who are running small shops or mobile shops and these people need cash while they sell the goods. In fact they sell local products like vegetables and fruits which they procure locally from the whole sale traders who only give them the produce in cash payment! Indeed, it is impossible to transact with Crds with such Vendors! :clap:

A K Rao

Referrals: 2

Postby sashenka » 12 Aug 2018, 16:46

I usually use cash, but it depends I guess on the transaction. Either way, I like cash more :D

sashenka

ForumCoin: 1,024

Postby sprit2017 » 12 Aug 2018, 19:51

I use both ways. I have a card and I also use cash. I like cash more. But it depends.

sprit2017

ForumCoin: 104

Next

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum