*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Is it possible to save money by spending money?

Postby Happyland » 30 Jul 2018, 15:19

If something is on sale at a reduced price sometimes they advertise this as saving. When you take advantage of this kind of offer are you really saving money or are you spending money?

What if it is something that you don't really need but the reduced price influenced you to buy it anyway. Did you just save or increase your expenses? Is it possible to save by spending? Do you ever save money by spending money?

Happyland

ForumCoin: 1,317

Banner Ad

Re: Is it possible to save money by spending money?

Postby Kei » 30 Jul 2018, 17:26

They say that assuming that the item is on your to do list. Say for example you buy rice every month without miss and it cost $5. If they offer $3 for it, you'd be saving $2. Now that's saving. Unless you go out of your way to buy something you never planned for.

Kei

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 229

Postby Angie10 » 30 Jul 2018, 17:55

I think if you see something in the sale and you just buy it because it's discounted but don't really need it, that's a total waste of money. Sometimes I've seen people do this only for the stuff to go bad because they've stockpiled s*** they don't need. It's all about shopping smart.

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 4,440

Postby ahmedo24 » 30 Jul 2018, 20:21

It is possible to save while spending when the future needed items are sold at lower rate in the form of promo but when just buy for sake of low price and it not important to you then it not longer spending while saving

ahmedo24

Referrals: 52
ForumCoin: 3

Postby oldbuddy » 30 Jul 2018, 20:42

Absolutely! <3
If I buy something on sale that I needed anyway and pay for it with my credit card, I save at the time of purchase and again when my credit card company gives me a rebate. :clap:

NEW tool to bring eyeballs to your offer and earn referral commission.
(You Can Join Free and Learn As You Earn With My Help)
I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 37
ForumCoin: 2,391

Postby nela13 » 30 Jul 2018, 21:50

I buy all my clothes and shoes when they are on sale, I do the same with my children's clothes. Of course I am spending money but there are things that I need to buy so I am also saving money :D

nela13

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 402

Postby katkat » 30 Jul 2018, 21:56

If I do it for business. I have to buy it when they are on sale. That is spending wisely and earning when we sell it and get the capital and interest. Smart spending is important.

katkat

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 1,126

Postby Alexandoy » 31 Jul 2018, 00:15

When you buy something on a discount, that is equivalent to saving money. For example, the goods you will buy costs $10 and it is given on a discount at $9 then you save $1 when you buy it.

Alexandoy

ForumCoin: 17

Postby riddy09 » 31 Jul 2018, 00:21

It's for sure about discounts particularly if you buy a lot which you will definitely like daily needs. Bulk buying will save in long term and I would love that kind of routine rather than what we have here in packs products.

riddy09

ForumCoin: 445

Postby Chameli » 31 Jul 2018, 00:31

I don't think it is possible to save money by spending money. Let me examplify, imagine a 50 gm toothpaste cost $1 and 150 gm toothpaste cost just $2, you save 50 gm toothpaste by buying 150 gm. However, when the tube is bigger you will be using more than when you are using smaller tube

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby cinderella » 31 Jul 2018, 01:09

Based on your given example, we can clearly say that you did not save but spend. Though it would be a different thing if you need the product and you have to buy it for a discount.

cinderella

Referrals: 9
ForumCoin: 512

Postby tusziget » 31 Jul 2018, 03:12

I think if you spend your cash wisely and you are buying only the necessary things,you can say,that you have saved some cash.

tusziget

ForumCoin: 13

Postby sashenka » 12 Aug 2018, 16:51

It depends but sometimes the answer is yes. For example if you buy a fridge that consumes less, then yes, eventually you will save money.

sashenka

ForumCoin: 12

Postby A K Rao » 12 Aug 2018, 18:18

That would make sense only if we are getting a good discount on commodities which we use on regular basis.

Spending on some thing just because we are getting it at cheaper rates will not be a savings for me.

Like today rado is offering 80% discount, but I will think about purchasing the watch even if that is cheaper now ;)

A K Rao

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 1,168

Postby tusziget » 13 Aug 2018, 05:28

I am of the same opinion.If I am finding some products that I like,and they are at discount I am buying them.This way I can save some cash,because I would buy those products anyway.

tusziget

ForumCoin: 13

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum