*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Great Support at Prolific Academic

Postby thisnthat » 15 Oct 2017, 18:39

I have to take a moment to brag on the support at PA. I had an issue recently, which would have both damaged my score and left me without a good sized payment. Apparently, there was a glitch (not sure if my end or theirs), but in any event, they responded quickly and nicely. They made sure I got paid and told me that my score will go back to normal too (after next study approves).

I just felt like I need to give them props, since most often it seems like we are upset with one site or another. Prolific Academic is good stuff! :clap:

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Banner Ad

Re: Great Support at Prolific Academic

Postby Angie10 » 15 Oct 2017, 19:07

Thanks for sharing, thisnthat :) You're right, all too often; we moan about the sites that let us down but don't praise the good ones enough. Prolific didn't quite work for me, but it's good to see that it's working you and others. Way to go!

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 4,440

Postby sprite1950 » 15 Oct 2017, 19:16

thisnthat wrote:I have to take a moment to brag on the support at PA. I had an issue recently, which would have both damaged my score and left me without a good sized payment. Apparently, there was a glitch (not sure if my end or theirs), but in any event, they responded quickly and nicely. They made sure I got paid and told me that my score will go back to normal too (after next study approves).

I just felt like I need to give them props, since most often it seems like we are upset with one site or another. Prolific Academic is good stuff! :clap:

I've had a couple that I couldn't continue with and always write to the researcher. They don't always reply but my score is still 100 so I guess it hasn't damaged it.

sprite1950

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 0

Postby Lexi » 15 Oct 2017, 20:19

I think the owners know some researchers are 'naughty' and try not to pay people, so if they don't, they don't let it affect your score. I had one (political) that came back and said something ridiculous about conflicting information, and I found out they were a leftist group looking for evidence to back their thesis. My answers were not left winged enough...

Lexi

ForumCoin: 534

Postby morgoodie » 16 Oct 2017, 14:02

It is nice to hear about sites that respond and help their people out instead of the ones we always hear about not responding. It makes it seem like all sites are like that if we don't hear about these ones that are good and quick to respond. I am glad everything worked out in your favor. :clap:

morgoodie

ForumCoin: 0

Postby thisnthat » 16 Oct 2017, 18:19

Lexi wrote:I think the owners know some researchers are 'naughty' and try not to pay people, so if they don't, they don't let it affect your score. I had one (political) that came back and said something ridiculous about conflicting information, and I found out they were a leftist group looking for evidence to back their thesis. My answers were not left winged enough...

Oh, they'd really hate me then. :lol:

That's exactly why I don't put much weight in studies. It's a shame, since some of them really work hard, while others are busy trying to manipulate the outcome.

This one was worth a few bucks and took a bit of time, so I was not happy about not being paid (at first). I don't think in this case it was the researchers fault though, as the rep I spoke to also found a problem. Just a glitch somewhere along the line that said I barely opened the study and didn't complete it. I even described the attention checks (which were mid/end), so I clearly did it or I wouldn't even know about those. Thankfully, they took care of it.

thisnthat

Postby Veronica1983 » 16 Oct 2017, 18:21

they know that some are mischievous for calling them and sometimes because that's why they do not pay

Veronica1983

Referrals: 13
ForumCoin: 101

Postby Lexi » 17 Oct 2017, 09:44

thisnthat wrote:
Lexi wrote:I think the owners know some researchers are 'naughty' and try not to pay people, so if they don't, they don't let it affect your score. I had one (political) that came back and said something ridiculous about conflicting information, and I found out they were a leftist group looking for evidence to back their thesis. My answers were not left winged enough...

Oh, they'd really hate me then. :lol:

That's exactly why I don't put much weight in studies. It's a shame, since some of them really work hard, while others are busy trying to manipulate the outcome.

This one was worth a few bucks and took a bit of time, so I was not happy about not being paid (at first). I don't think in this case it was the researchers fault though, as the rep I spoke to also found a problem. Just a glitch somewhere along the line that said I barely opened the study and didn't complete it. I even described the attention checks (which were mid/end), so I clearly did it or I wouldn't even know about those. Thankfully, they took care of it.

I have a friend that uses this kind of research for her thesis and if the results don't come back to back her theories then she won't use them, therefore that's how I know. I sat in one of her classes where students discussed what they did with the data and what they did if it didn't prove what they had hoped.

In that respect one must look at the nature of the study and to be honest we do it for the money and to help out is a bonus. The attention checks can be annoying, but sometimes you can't help but think is this a trick question (as is if Paul is taller than Alex and Alex is shorter than Max...)

Lexi

ForumCoin: 534

Postby nela13 » 17 Oct 2017, 10:18

Prolific academic has a good support, they always answer to our doubts but besides once I contacted them because at the end of a study it wasn't credited to the pending balance, they told me it will be credited but it never was. I just gave up of that study.

nela13

ForumCoin: 402

Postby thisnthat » 17 Oct 2017, 17:40

Veronica1983 wrote:they know that some are mischievous for calling them and sometimes because that's why they do not pay

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Care to elaborate?

nela13 wrote:Prolific academic has a good support, they always answer to our doubts but besides once I contacted them because at the end of a study it wasn't credited to the pending balance, they told me it will be credited but it never was. I just gave up of that study.

Did you check your bonus payments? With mine, since there was a glitch they couldn't actually put the study through, so they just paid me the amount by way of the bonus area.

thisnthat

Postby augusta » 31 Oct 2017, 16:20

Good that you're giving kudos to whom is due.I know humans are quick to create a thread for people mistakes and wrong doings but never for appreciation. By the way,what's the site all about?

augusta

ForumCoin: 6

Postby nela13 » 31 Oct 2017, 16:23

thisnthat wrote:Did you check your bonus payments? With mine, since there was a glitch they couldn't actually put the study through, so they just paid me the amount by way of the bonus area.

Where is the bonus area? I am not aware of it. :roll: I am a member for more than a year now and this was the only study where I got a problem.

nela13

ForumCoin: 402

Postby ahmedo24 » 31 Oct 2017, 21:28

Angie10 wrote:Thanks for sharing, thisnthat :) You're right, all too often; we moan about the sites that let us down but don't praise the good ones enough. Prolific didn't quite work for me, but it's good to see that it's working you and others. Way to go!
yep you are right, it is not too good to be over rely on sites.

ahmedo24

Referrals: 52
ForumCoin: 3

Postby iyanpol12 » 01 Nov 2017, 02:59

I never did any tasks Prolific Academic. But I have been receiving messages recently telling me to come back. hehe

iyanpol12

ForumCoin: 251

Postby malot12 » 01 Nov 2017, 03:51

Good to hear that there is still site that answer its member's need immediately. Since most often than not, answers from members' concerns are electronically sent via email.

malot12

ForumCoin: 64

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum