ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts add to the discussion are are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Milk vending machine (business)

Postby germainebull » 11 Jan 2017, 08:19

Of late, many milk vending machines have been set up in my locality. Given that milk is a FMCG, I guess you are bound to rake in neat profits with this type of business. You however need to set up your business in an area with a huge market as you won't want to lose your money if your milk is not bought pretty fast.

How is the situation in your locality.

germainebull

Referrals: 30
ForumCoin: 8

Re: Milk vending machine (business)

Postby Decentlady » 11 Jan 2017, 09:15

We are yet to advance to such levels and are pretty stuck with the milkman or the kiosks nearby or a dairy selling the milk.

I see your situation quite convinient but a vrunt on the poor milkmen. Of course, I know how it works in your area so this is a welcomed change.

Decentlady

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 279

Postby kaka135 » 11 Jan 2017, 09:19

I have no idea about milk vending machine until I read your post. This is quite interesting to me.

I haven't seen any milk vending machine in my country, I am not sure if there's any. So far, we have been buying milk from the supermarket, or there are also some milkmen delivering the fresh milk.

kaka135

ForumCoin: 933

Postby Collinberg » 11 Jan 2017, 09:38

In my country,I have never seen a vending machine talkless of a milk vending machine,even if it's installed,it's likely to get vandalised,in my area,you can never get fresh milk,the only milk available for purchase is either powdered milk,evaporated milk or condensed milk.. To be honest,I have never tasted fresh milk in my life.

Collinberg

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 255

Postby kataomoi » 11 Jan 2017, 11:36

Japan has a lot of vending machines, but they are all owned by big companies like Cola-Cola and such. Not everyone can buy a vending machine and sell drinks for profit because they are worried about the quality of the drinks. They don't want people putting in 'suspicious' drinks and selling it. So using vending machines to make money only works if you own a big company already or if you can aquire a license that says you can sell drinks to people.

kataomoi

ForumCoin: 365

Postby Angie10 » 11 Jan 2017, 15:25

I haven't seen any milk in any of the vending machines here. In fact, there aren't even that many of those here. I hate that the stuff they sell in the ones we do have is pricey. Knowing how things operate here, they could be over charging for the convenience. but then people would rather forget the convenience and go elsewhere! Do you find that's the case in your country, germainebull?

Angie10

ForumCoin: 1,187

Postby germainebull » 12 Jan 2017, 09:55

Decentlady wrote:We are yet to advance to such levels and are pretty stuck with the milkman or the kiosks nearby or a dairy selling the milk.

I see your situation quite convinient but a vrunt on the poor milkmen. Of course, I know how it works in your area so this is a welcomed change.

I guess you have a decent business opportunity. How about thinking about setting up such business in your locality?

The beauty of these machines is that they can dispense milk of virtually any quantity. In my city, what a buyer is required to do is insert a coin and the machine dispenses the corresponding amount of milk. Cool. Isn't it?

germainebull

Postby ceci » 14 Jan 2017, 13:57

There is no fresh milk vending machine here,as milk can't keep long during hot weather in my country. We have water vending machine, which sell the fresh clean water at very low price, about USD0.005 per litre, thus some people will go and get it for daily consumption.

ceci

ForumCoin: 452

Postby agape » 14 Jan 2017, 16:10

ceci wrote:There is no fresh milk vending machine here,as milk can't keep long during hot weather in my country. We have water vending machine, which sell the fresh clean water at very low price, about USD0.005 per litre, thus some people will go and get it for daily consumption.

You don't have to worry about your milk going bad. These vending machines are usually connected to power source and thus have a cooler that prevents milk from going bad.

agape

ForumCoin: -2

Postby ceci » 15 Jan 2017, 04:45

agape wrote:
ceci wrote:There is no fresh milk vending machine here,as milk can't keep long during hot weather in my country. We have water vending machine, which sell the fresh clean water at very low price, about USD0.005 per litre, thus some people will go and get it for daily consumption.

You don't have to worry about your milk going bad. These vending machines are usually connected to power source and thus have a cooler that prevents milk from going bad.

Yes, you are right. Milk is FMCG, if the profit isn't too high, it might not able to covered the utility fee, I afraid.

ceci

ForumCoin: 452

Postby skysnap » 15 Jan 2017, 06:08

I think such business can make money. But you havee to find the customers for this. otherwise it would be harder to sustain it.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 458

Postby germainebull » 17 Jan 2017, 05:36

skysnap wrote:I think such business can make money. But you havee to find the customers for this. otherwise it would be harder to sustain it.

It might not be that difficult to garner customers for milk, at least in my locality. I mean, virtually everyone uses milk.

germainebull

Postby skysnap » 17 Jan 2017, 05:44

though everyone uses milk. it's hard to makee them buy your product. Always think customer first. because they are the one paying for it. after customers you can go for the rest of the stuff.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 458

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum