*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Shylock

Postby germainebull » 16 Dec 2016, 06:29

As they say, all days are not Sundays. All of us are thus bound to find ourselves in dire straits in a financial sense. This calls for external assistance. If you are not in the formal sector, you may find it difficult to secure financial assistance from conventional financiers. This situation would necessitate the entry of a shylock.

Have you ever had to seek the financial services of a shylock? How was the experience?

germainebull

Referrals: 35
ForumCoin: 102

Re: Shylock

Postby chikitta » 16 Dec 2016, 18:27

Shylocks are co men and women in their own sense. I have never been in a situation where I had to use shylock services.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 354

Postby nela13 » 16 Dec 2016, 23:57

germainebull wrote:Have you ever had to seek the financial services of a shylock? How was the experience?

Fortunally I have never needed a shylock help and I hope I will never need, but I know a few people who have already required their help and they feel very well with it.

nela13

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 405

Postby germainebull » 17 Dec 2016, 05:48

nela13 wrote:Fortunally I have never needed a shylock help and I hope I will never need, but I know a few people who have already required their help and they feel very well with it.

It is refreshing to hear that shylocks are reputable business people in your locality. I guess your post dispels the notion that shylocks are inherently devious people seeking to defraud clients.

germainebull

Postby ceci » 17 Dec 2016, 06:09

I never heard of this Shylock, is it available internationally? I heard of the Mircofinance by Dr. Muhammad Yunus in Pakistan which able to help the poor women to make a living for her family.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby germainebull » 17 Dec 2016, 11:54

ceci wrote:I never heard of this Shylock, is it available internationally? I heard of the Mircofinance by Dr. Muhammad Yunus in Pakistan which able to help the poor women to make a living for her family.

Please allow me to educate you a bit. A shylock is an individual who offers small loans to needy people who do not wish to approach established financial institutions for such service. In exchange for this loan, clients leave assets with the shylock. Applicable assets can be a motor vehicle, a generator, a computer, a bicycle, a cooker, a fridge, etc. After repaying the loan and its interest within the agreed-upon period, a client picks his/her asset from thew shylock.

I guess you are now aware of what I am referring to.

germainebull

Postby Happyland » 08 Jun 2017, 17:34

I have not used the services of a shylock. For those who avail of such services I hope the terms are reasonable; such things as the maturity, interest rate, compounding etc. As a side note there are loan sharks who offer loans with outrageous terms.

Happyland

ForumCoin: 1,317

Postby cmoneyspinner » 08 Jun 2017, 17:55

* * Would you compare a shylock to an angel investor? Seems similar.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,867

Postby Happyland » 08 Jun 2017, 18:29

cmoneyspinner wrote:* * Would you compare a shylock to an angel investor? Seems similar.

It sounds like it could be very similar but it all depends on the payment terms; and besides some angel investors do not require collateral up front. I have never heard the term "shylock" but from this thread it sounds like shylocks would require collateral up front.

Happyland

Postby germainebull » 13 Jun 2017, 12:45

cmoneyspinner wrote:* * Would you compare a shylock to an angel investor? Seems similar.

To be frank, a shylock can never be compared to an angel. Whereas an angel is supposed to be magnanimous, a shylock is at best a cutthroat capitalist.

germainebull

Postby thisnthat » 13 Jun 2017, 14:44

germainebull wrote:Please allow me to educate you a bit. A shylock is an individual who offers small loans to needy people who do not wish to approach established financial institutions for such service. In exchange for this loan, clients leave assets with the shylock. Applicable assets can be a motor vehicle, a generator, a computer, a bicycle, a cooker, a fridge, etc. After repaying the loan and its interest within the agreed-upon period, a client picks his/her asset from thew shylock.

I guess you are now aware of what I am referring to.

That sounds like a pawn broker. Isn't a Shylock someone who charges exorbitant interest on a loan, and then may cause you harm if you don't repay? If I recall, the original story was someone who wanted a pound of flesh in return.

I don't advise utilizing either one.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Postby Happyland » 13 Jun 2017, 16:12

Thisnthat you might be describing a loan shark. I would avoid using pawn brokers, shylocks and loan sharks. They would be my absolute last resort and not my first.

Happyland

Your Ad Here.

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum