*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Been There, Done That?

Postby oldbuddy » 04 Apr 2016, 00:40

IF YOU HAVEN'T JOINED THIS FORUM YET, Register FREE on the top right of this page.

I still think the best way for most people online to start making money is by getting referrals. Most people I communicate with say they can't do it. They have tried everything and nothing works.

The truth is, there is only one thing that works consistently and most people never try it. That is to share "Been There, Done That" stories.

Most people only try posting links and free advertising (which almost never work), then they give up.

When anyone can identify with the actual path you followed and can see the possibility of repeating what you did to get there, the odds of them trying it themselves go up exponentially.

So instead of painting a glorious image of driving a new Bugatti up to a mansion with a yacht parked along side, if you can show someone how they could increase their monthly income by $100 with easy tasks, you stand a much better chance of success.

It really is that simple.

P.S. The trick is to do it yourself first, then share YOUR experience. They don't want to hear about what someone else did.

Last edited by oldbuddy on 06 Jun 2017, 23:43, edited 4 times in total.
NEW tool to bring eyeballs to your offer and earn referral commission.
(You Can Join Free and Learn As You Earn With My Help)
I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 37
ForumCoin: 2,389

Banner Ad

Re: Been There, Done That?

Postby morgoodie » 04 Apr 2016, 00:48

This would be a great way. I do not feel that it is realistic when people show fancy cars and houses and tell you that you can do this too. I have a tendency to not believe these stories, but if someone would show how they do things from the beginning and make you see that it is not a get rich scheme. This would make more sense to me. Start small and then grow over time.

morgoodie

ForumCoin: 0

Postby DreekLass » 04 Apr 2016, 02:10

oldbuddy wrote:I still think the best way for most people online to start making money is by getting referrals. Most people I communicate with say they can't do it. They have tried everything and nothing works.

The truth is, there is only one thing that works consistently and most people never try it. That is to share "Been There, Done That" stories.

Most people only try posting links and free advertising (which almost never work), then they give up.

When anyone can identify with the actual path you followed and can see the possibility of repeating what you did to get there, the odds of them trying it themselves go up exponentially.

So instead of painting a glorious image of driving a new Bugatti up to a mansion with a yacht parked along side, if you can show someone how they could increase their monthly income by $100 with easy tasks, you stand a much better chance of success.

It really is that simple.

P.S. The trick is to do it yourself first, then share YOUR experience. They don't want to hear about what someone else did.

This is a great post, and mostly because it does work. I have experienced it myself. I was once desperate for money, and in a bad mental as well as financial situation. Then I found certain online earning sites. So to get referrals for those sites, I ended up going to forums where they may be going through the same issues as me, and told my story, giving them the option to earn some money and help themselves out of that situation. It did not go well at first, as they thought I was making up a sob story and trying to exploit them, but elsewhere it seemed to work.

DreekLass

ForumCoin: 63

Postby oldbuddy » 04 Apr 2016, 04:08

DreekLass wrote:

This is a great post, and mostly because it does work. I have experienced it myself. I was once desperate for money, and in a bad mental as well as financial situation. Then I found certain online earning sites. So to get referrals for those sites, I ended up going to forums where they may be going through the same issues as me, and told my story, giving them the option to earn some money and help themselves out of that situation. It did not go well at first, as they thought I was making up a sob story and trying to exploit them, but elsewhere it seemed to work.

Another big factor that comes up for consideration is how long you have been talking about it. When the old timers notice you haven't jumped from one program to another and you keep sharing "Done It" stories about the same website, pretty soon it soaks in.

I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Postby tpicks » 04 Apr 2016, 08:47

Yes, you are right you have to do it yourself first before you can authoritatively share it to others. People are sceptical about make money schemes online.

Last edited by tpicks on 05 Apr 2016, 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
tpicks

ForumCoin: 406

Postby IcyFirefly » 04 Apr 2016, 11:48

Work hard, be committed, and devotion is the best way for me to earn online money! Referrals have never worked for me. I spent numerous hours searching for sites, thoroughly checked out the sites, and read reviews about them before signing up. Once I made the decision to join a site; I gave it at least a month to see if I am earning anything, how much it took to earn a penny, and what I had to do.

If it works out for me, I stayed with the site but if not, I dropped it like a hot potato :)

I think the secret to any success is to work hard yourself!

IcyFirefly

ForumCoin: 52

Postby nela13 » 04 Apr 2016, 16:27

Report to the others our experience could be a good way of getting referrals, but usually people think that they gone earn money in a quicky and easy way, and we all know that it takes time to receive our payment and we need to work everyday on it, that's why most of our referrals give up of online work or don't show interest on it.

nela13

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 401

Postby DreekLass » 05 Apr 2016, 00:34

oldbuddy wrote:
DreekLass wrote:

Another big factor that comes up for consideration is how long you have been talking about it. When the old timers notice you haven't jumped from one program to another and you keep sharing "Done It" stories about the same website, pretty soon it soaks in.

Hmmm. I had never thought about it like this before. It is a good point. Usually though, if people are trying really hard to get referrals, they usually need the referrals to make any sort of profit with the site that they are trying to get others to join. Then when they don't get the referrals, they stop using the site. So they don't have a long time story to tell.

DreekLass

Postby oldbuddy » 05 Apr 2016, 13:55

IcyFirefly wrote:Work hard, be committed, and devotion is the best way for me to earn online money! Referrals have never worked for me. I spent numerous hours searching for sites, thoroughly checked out the sites, and read reviews about them before signing up. Once I made the decision to join a site; I gave it at least a month to see if I am earning anything, how much it took to earn a penny, and what I had to do.

If it works out for me, I stayed with the site but if not, I dropped it like a hot potato :)

You say yourself that you read reviews about potential sites before you join any, which is exactly what I am suggesting you do to get referrals for it. When you write a review, it carries much more weight if you tell your "Been There, Done That" story in the review.

dreeklass wrote:Hmmm. I had never thought about it like this before. It is a good point. Usually though, if people are trying really hard to get referrals, they usually need the referrals to make any sort of profit with the site that they are trying to get others to join. Then when they don't get the referrals, they stop using the site. So they don't have a long time story to tell.

Let's consider Forum Coin as an example. The first thing I did when I got here, was start posting and kept posting until I earned $10 and got paid. THEN I started sharing my "Been There, Done That" story and adding referrals. I don't place quite as much effort on it (with only a 25 cent referral commission), but it's still growing.

oldbuddy

Postby suny » 05 Apr 2016, 14:13

I agree with you, I never leave anyone once they join through my link but help them as much as they need my help. I do not have many referrals anywhere but all that join through me are satisfied and ready to join on my recommendation.

suny

Referrals: 66
ForumCoin: 504

Postby grecy0905 » 05 Apr 2016, 14:26

That is what I do, I try to experience the site first because how can I able to explain to them how the site works if I will not be there consistently working. I also want to answer their question in a manner that they will clearly understand so that they will not hesitate to join under me.

grecy0905

Referrals: 11
ForumCoin: 526

Postby Happyland » 05 Apr 2016, 15:48

Nothing beats telling a good story. What better story to tell than one from your own personal experience. No one knows the story better than you and know one can tell it better. Others will see the benefit of your story and can relate.

Now We Can Search And Earn From This International Search Engine:
https://searchtrade.com/index.php?ref=e ... gnUpDialog
Happyland

ForumCoin: 1,317

Postby kaka135 » 05 Apr 2016, 23:22

Yes, I agree with you. I just can't seem to tell others this is good, if I haven't try it myself. Usually, I will wait until I have gained my experience, got paid, and know how it works, then only I can tell others about it. I also agree with you saying, it takes time and patience as well.

Same goes to life experience. I just can't give parenting advice to others if I haven't become a mom myself. ;)

kaka135

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 0

Postby DreekLass » 05 Apr 2016, 23:37

oldbuddy wrote:
IcyFirefly wrote:Work hard, be committed, and devotion is the best way for me to earn online money! Referrals have never worked for me. I spent numerous hours searching for sites, thoroughly checked out the sites, and read reviews about them before signing up. Once I made the decision to join a site; I gave it at least a month to see if I am earning anything, how much it took to earn a penny, and what I had to do.

You say yourself that you read reviews about potential sites before you join any, which is exactly what I am suggesting you do to get referrals for it. When you write a review, it carries much more weight if you tell your "Been There, Done That" story in the review.

dreeklass wrote:Hmmm. I had never thought about it like this before. It is a good point. Usually though, if people are trying really hard to get referrals, they usually need the referrals to make any sort of profit with the site that they are trying to get others to join. Then when they don't get the referrals, they stop using the site. So they don't have a long time story to tell.

Let's consider Forum Coin as an example. The first thing I did when I got here, was start posting and kept posting until I earned $10 and got paid. THEN I started sharing my "Been There, Done That" story and adding referrals. I don't place quite as much effort on it (with only a 25 cent referral commission), but it's still growing.

Do you have any tips for how to find potential referrals to pitch your been there and done that stories to?

DreekLass

Postby oldbuddy » 06 Apr 2016, 03:02

DreekLass wrote:Do you have any tips for how to find potential referrals to pitch your been there and done that stories to?

This is a topic that could fill a book (or even several books), but the basic concept is find a place where people talk about their problems openly (like right here on Forum Coin) and work on building your reputation by sharing tips and advice that strike home. If you keep it up and people start liking what you share, you won't need to pitch anything.

oldbuddy

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum