*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Re: Been There, Done That?

Postby thisnthat » 06 Apr 2016, 15:21

This is very true. I know when I'm looking for info on earning sites, I want to learn about other people's experiences. I hate the ones that give a basic description (sometimes copied right from the site) and toss up a referral link. I'll avoid the link and access the site myself if it sounds interesting, but I refuse to use their link.

When someone actually gives good information, and shares their (honest) experiences, I'm happy to use their referral link as my way of thanking them.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Banner Ad

Postby oldbuddy » 07 Apr 2016, 00:10

thisnthat wrote:This is very true. I know when I'm looking for info on earning sites, I want to learn about other people's experiences. I hate the ones that give a basic description (sometimes copied right from the site) and toss up a referral link. I'll avoid the link and access the site myself if it sounds interesting, but I refuse to use their link.

When someone actually gives good information, and shares their (honest) experiences, I'm happy to use their referral link as my way of thanking them.

If they gave you enough information that you took action and joined (even if it was only a link), why on earth would you not let them earn a commission, since it doesn't cost you a penny. They may even end up supplying you with valuable help based on their experiences.

NEW tool to bring eyeballs to your offer and earn referral commission.
(You Can Join Free and Learn As You Earn With My Help)
I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 37
ForumCoin: 2,391

Postby thisnthat » 08 Apr 2016, 14:55

oldbuddy wrote:
thisnthat wrote:This is very true. I know when I'm looking for info on earning sites, I want to learn about other people's experiences. I hate the ones that give a basic description (sometimes copied right from the site) and toss up a referral link. I'll avoid the link and access the site myself if it sounds interesting, but I refuse to use their link.

If they gave you enough information that you took action and joined (even if it was only a link), why on earth would you not let them earn a commission, since it doesn't cost you a penny. They may even end up supplying you with valuable help based on their experiences.

Because it's usually something I've already heard about, and I'm looking for more information. They aren't providing that, so I'll wait and use the referral link of someone who is.

They usually have a list of the typical sites, with some short copied and pasted descriptions, and referral links. The whole site is nothing but a warehouse for their referral links. If they don't offer any more than that, I highly doubt they intend to offer any help... if they wanted to help, they'd give good information to begin with.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Postby oldbuddy » 08 Apr 2016, 16:50

thisnthat wrote:Because it's usually something I've already heard about, and I'm looking for more information. They aren't providing that, so I'll wait and use the referral link of someone who is.

I would agree with you as long as you look for another link to join from, but some people just strip off the referral part of the link and join without one. That is what I will never understand.

I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Postby nela13 » 08 Apr 2016, 16:56

oldbuddy wrote:
thisnthat wrote:Because it's usually something I've already heard about, and I'm looking for more information. They aren't providing that, so I'll wait and use the referral link of someone who is.

I would agree with you as long as you look for another link to join from, but some people just strip off the referral part of the link and join without one. That is what I will never understand.

@oldbuddy there are selfish people out there. If someone gives me their referral link, why not join through it, I won't lose any thing, and I will be helping others, but not everybody thinks this way.

nela13

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 402

Postby DreekLass » 09 Apr 2016, 01:15

oldbuddy wrote:
DreekLass wrote:Do you have any tips for how to find potential referrals to pitch your been there and done that stories to?

This is a topic that could fill a book (or even several books), but the basic concept is find a place where people talk about their problems openly (like right here on Forum Coin) and work on building your reputation by sharing tips and advice that strike home. If you keep it up and people start liking what you share, you won't need to pitch anything.

See, when I think about it, I can come up with maybe one or two things. But you are saying that there are limitless ways to achieve what I asked, so I am clearly a novice lol. What you said makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the info.

DreekLass

ForumCoin: 63

Postby oldbuddy » 09 Apr 2016, 04:59

DreekLass wrote:See, when I think about it, I can come up with maybe one or two things. But you are saying that there are limitless ways to achieve what I asked, so I am clearly a novice lol. What you said makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the info.

Think of it another way. As you go through your online activities, has a light ever gone on that made you smack your forehead and wonder why you never thought of that before?

If it was such an AhHa Moment for you, how much do you think someone else would appreciate knowing how to get past it, without the need to wrestle with the problem themselves?

For example, I offer the tools that have been the mainstay for marketing online, since the beginning of the Internet. With my experience, I have developed a solid trust factor that they are the best deal around, but when presented to someone who has never had a reason to use them, I don't have much of a chance of converting them.

However, if I can show someone how to use those tools to overcome a problem they have been battling for many years and do it in a matter of minutes, then demonstrate how the tools can pay for themselves and end up turning a nice profit delivered every month, do you think they might have a different picture in their mind?

oldbuddy

Postby DreekLass » 10 Apr 2016, 21:53

nela13 wrote:
oldbuddy wrote:

@oldbuddy there are selfish people out there. If someone gives me their referral link, why not join through it, I won't lose any thing, and I will be helping others, but not everybody thinks this way.

You are right. Some people really take offense when you leave your referral link, so most people leave the referral link and the non-ref sign up link to give people the choice. People seem to be much more likely to sign up under you then.

DreekLass

Postby morgoodie » 10 Apr 2016, 22:07

That is a good idea to give them the choice of signing up under you or not. I think I would be more than likely to sign up under the person if I feel that they are really trying to help you and not just getting another referral to make more money. It is the name of the game though and that is how it is played.

morgoodie

ForumCoin: 0

Postby oldbuddy » 11 Apr 2016, 02:09

I WANT them to get the idea of getting more referrals themselves. Even if it doesn't pass anything up to me, it still means they will make more money and stick around longer.

oldbuddy

Postby DreekLass » 11 Apr 2016, 17:09

morgoodie wrote:That is a good idea to give them the choice of signing up under you or not. I think I would be more than likely to sign up under the person if I feel that they are really trying to help you and not just getting another referral to make more money. It is the name of the game though and that is how it is played.

People are very suspicious of you telling them your earning stories when you leave your ref link and only your ref link, because they think you are lying about your earning prowess just to get them to sign up under you. So it is a good idea to give them the option.

DreekLass

Postby Streamguy69 » 11 Apr 2016, 17:29

I am always happy to tell someone my been there done that story. I am not gonna twist there arm into joining something that they have no clue about. I always write a small write up on my personal experience

Streamguy69

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 437

Postby grecy0905 » 11 Apr 2016, 18:13

DreekLass wrote:
morgoodie wrote:That is a good idea to give them the choice of signing up under you or not. I think I would be more than likely to sign up under the person if I feel that they are really trying to help you and not just getting another referral to make more money. It is the name of the game though and that is how it is played.

People are very suspicious of you telling them your earning stories when you leave your ref link and only your ref link, because they think you are lying about your earning prowess just to get them to sign up under you. So it is a good idea to give them the option.

I understand this because sometimes this is what I think for people who are just leaving a referral link. Sometimes I put everything, tutorial etc on my Facebook account for the better understanding of the people who wants to sign up, I want to give them the impression that I really know how to do it and I even leave a message that they can ask me anytime. I leave a payment proof because if you will just say I earned this amount, they will just laugh at you.

grecy0905

Referrals: 11
ForumCoin: 526

Postby tpicks » 11 Apr 2016, 19:23

metsrock69 wrote:I am always happy to tell someone my been there done that story. I am not gonna twist there arm into joining something that they have no clue about. I always write a small write up on my personal experience

And that's the reason I am not in a hurry to refer anybody to a site. I want to understand the site thoroughly and let me be fine with its operations before I can ask someone to join.

tpicks

ForumCoin: 406

Postby oldbuddy » 11 Apr 2016, 22:45

DreekLass wrote:People are very suspicious of you telling them your earning stories when you leave your ref link and only your ref link, because they think you are lying about your earning prowess just to get them to sign up under you. So it is a good idea to give them the option.

To be blunt about it, I have no interest in working with people who think that way, even after they have read my logic online. Skepticism is one thing, but when carried to that extreme it cripples their potential to do any good for either one of us.

oldbuddy

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum