*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Re: Been There, Done That?

Postby nakitakona » 17 Apr 2016, 12:48

I agree experience is the best teacher. Others only follow suit because their friends have been there and have done it. Their testimony of the success of their job is best enough to get others to be up on their feet and start doing things.

nakitakona

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 236

Banner Ad

Postby oldbuddy » 18 Apr 2016, 01:05

nakitakona wrote:I agree experience is the best teacher. Others only follow suit because their friends have been there and have done it. Their testimony of the success of their job is best enough to get others to be up on their feet and start doing things.

Unfortunately real life does not follow theory in all cases, but if we keep sharing long enough, the really serious ones will take note and often be swayed to dig a little deeper. Thanks for your comment.

NEW tool to bring eyeballs to your offer and earn referral commission.
(You Can Join Free and Learn As You Earn With My Help)
I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 37
ForumCoin: 2,391

Postby DreekLass » 18 Apr 2016, 15:43

That is why I don't fault those who have made mistakes when they try to give others mistakes. Just because one person was not able to make a method work, that doesn't mean that other people may not benefit from the information that the other person failed at making work.

DreekLass

ForumCoin: 63

Postby tpicks » 19 Apr 2016, 14:40

I am of the opinon that you have to successfully go through the process before you start broadcasting it to others. People will believe more if you are the very lerson sharing the testimony of the workability of a system and not a hearsay.

tpicks

ForumCoin: 406

Postby DreekLass » 19 Apr 2016, 16:19

tpicks wrote:I am of the opinon that you have to successfully go through the process before you start broadcasting it to others. People will believe more if you are the very lerson sharing the testimony of the workability of a system and not a hearsay.

Not at all. The person who failed may have one half of the successful formula, and the second person may have the other half, and may be able to figure it out where the first person failed. But the advice has to be delivered in an appropriate way.

DreekLass

ForumCoin: 63

Postby WorkAtHomeGal » 19 Apr 2016, 20:27

So instead of painting a glorious image of driving a new Bugatti up to a mansion with a yacht parked along side, if you can show someone how they could increase their monthly income by $100 with easy tasks, you stand a much better chance of success.

I believe in this statement and everything you wrote 100%. Why? Because I been there. When I first started in the online world I was working fulltime so I was okay with buying programs with my credit card, I had the money to do it. But I have to tell you every single one I bought I felt lied to because to much info was left out. Thanks to that I quickly learned how to watch for the scams.

Although I do not update my poor blog enough I try and write everything with truth of things I experienced with the websites I use to give people inspiration. People need to know the truth and how this online money making thing works. Yeah there are people with mansions and yachts but they never got to that overnight. This also goes for anything I post on my twitter with a referral link I try to share what I can about it.

I have failed many times with my online income in the sense of not meeting goals so I stopped making them for the time being but someday again I will have goals and do them. And I feel sharing true stories of how it went makes people more interested.

WorkAtHomeGal

Referrals: 29
ForumCoin: 68

Postby davefullmer » 23 Apr 2016, 01:05

I just read (skimmed) through this thread and the thought occurred to me that a true mentor is someone who has been through the minefield and is willing to mark out the path for safety.

Just today, I was talking with a referral of mine who 6 months ago was ready to quit a month after he started. I encouraged him to be patient and learn the progam and this week I found out that in a certain task, he had found out what to do and I didn't know how to do it myself. It turns out that our upline (would you believe oldbuddy himself) showed him how and I had to catch up. We talked about how much he had learned and because of what he learned, he would never quit the program.

2 points I am trying to make here maybe 3.

1. A month with a new program is not enough time to test the program out. I believe 6 months is the minimum commitment to see if the program will do what you expect.

2. A mentor who is willing to help is essential. Oldbuddy has proven that to me. The lessons he taught me back in 2006 while in a now defunct $10/month program have served me well for all these years. Both in website construction and modification, and in the use of Autoresponders.

and the third maybe point is this. My referral told me today that what OldBuddy taught me and I was able to share with him is keeping him busy helping his referrals. He also told me that he was having fun.

What more could we want than to build an organization where our people are learning how to be leaders themselves and having a ball doing it. Talk about retention factors!

--- 23 Apr 2016, 01:10 ---

One more thought. People who tell me they can't refer need to understand that once they refer one person, they know how to do it again. All they need to do is practice and it gets easier.

davefullmer

ForumCoin: 12

Postby oldbuddy » 23 Apr 2016, 02:53

One quick point to consider, your referral has not been through the minefield yet and still learned enough to mentor his mentor. I think we all grasp concepts and different rates and can often keep help flowing in both directions. I learn often new things I can use from true beginners.

I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Postby germainebull » 22 May 2016, 07:38

You are dead right.

Today's internet users are more intelligent than their counterparts of the past.

Merely posting exaggerated success stories without highlight the nuts and bolts will draw few recruits.

germainebull

Referrals: 35
ForumCoin: 102

Postby oldbuddy » 28 Sep 2023, 21:33

It was an interesting experience to run across this series of posts from 2016, but I do think I can add to the topic with some valuable insight. What led me here was an advertising website that I want to apply this same topic to in hope of finding some fresh referrals for both Forum Coin and the Discussion Bucks Forum with the banner I put at the bottom of this page. I still very much believe in the "Been there done that" telling my story concept of promotion, so stick with me a day or so while I put this back together in my feeble old brain. In the meantime you might consider getting a free account on Discussion Bucks so you can see both sides.

Just to show you where it all started, it was from a link on a website I created myself HERE if you scroll down to a red button that says Talk To People.

oldbuddy

Postby Shavkat » 28 Sep 2023, 22:19

I can feel you with this sentiment. I had also tried to refer some people, but they do not last for long. In the long run, I just stop doing it. As for me, I will enjoy the moment of being here and there.

Shavkat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 988

Postby germainebull » 30 Sep 2023, 05:03

Great advice @oldbuddy.

With all the scams out in the online world, it is extremely important for a person to try out an earning site before promoting it.
Other people would be highly interested in seeing concrete proof coming from a promoter of a site.

germainebull

Referrals: 35
ForumCoin: 102

Postby arunima » 30 Sep 2023, 05:13

I stopped trying for referrals after a few failed trials. But now I am planning to give it a genuine try again. I am always ready to help the people who join through my referral till they get comfortable on the new site

arunima

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 617

Postby oldbuddy » 30 Sep 2023, 05:20

arunima wrote:I stopped trying for referrals after a few failed trials. But now I am planning to give it a genuine try again. I am always ready to help the people who join through my referral till they get comfortable on the new site

I can tell you that my policy of being willing to help members no matter who they joined under has served me well. It builds your reputation among those who are watxhing and that is everyone.

oldbuddy

Postby Laurentta » 27 Nov 2023, 19:17

Well, this is a good tip for referrals but the only problem i have with it is trying the platform out for myself. This is because i normally wait for others to try out a platform first before joining it.

Laurentta

ForumCoin: 2

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum