*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
You know you want to!

Use of Plastic Waste for Roads in the Delhi NCR city of Noida

Postby ptrikha21 » 21 Sep 2019, 11:17

In a first of its kind, a stretch of road in Noida, a city bordering Delhi and falling within Delhi NCR(National Capital Region) has been repaired using shredded Plastic as part of the Road repairing mix.
The percentage of plastic used was 8%, and 3 Tonnes were used for 4 Kms.
The Noida authority is planning to set up a plant for making shredded plastic for the road repairing purpose.
Rag pickers would be helping in segregation of the plastic before it is send to this plant.

I have been hearing of, and even watching shows on TV that say that plastic waste can be used in road construction. But it has not been as actively used as it should have been.
Increased use of this doing would be beneficial for the environment, and a way forward not only for this particular city, but India as well as other nations of the world.

Would do you say?

Source: Times of India website

ptrikha21

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 897

Banner Ad

Re: Use of Plastic Waste for Roads in the Delhi NCR city of Noida

Postby Lushh » 22 Sep 2019, 03:43

How effective is it expected to be in the repairs? I might like the idea of using up plastic in this way. It's the first I'm hearing of something like it.

Lushh

ForumCoin: 256

Postby ptrikha21 » 22 Sep 2019, 06:03

Lushh wrote:How effective is it expected to be in the repairs? I might like the idea of using up plastic in this way. It's the first I'm hearing of something like it.

From what I have read earlier, such roads would be quite durable- perhaps because Plastic is not easily degradable, and the strength would also be good, besides providing savings in other materials and also utilizing plastic that would otherwise have degraded our environment.

ptrikha21

Postby Lushh » 23 Sep 2019, 02:30

ptrikha21 wrote:
Lushh wrote:How effective is it expected to be in the repairs? I might like the idea of using up plastic in this way. It's the first I'm hearing of something like it.

From what I have read earlier, such roads would be quite durable- perhaps because Plastic is not easily degradable, and the strength would also be good, besides providing savings in other materials and also utilizing plastic that would otherwise have degraded our environment.

In this case I hope others will consider it too. It seems like we could all benefit from this practice.

Lushh

ForumCoin: 256

Postby Abigael » 23 Sep 2019, 06:26

ptrikha21 wrote:

Yes, this is a truly great move. It provides for quality roads while also saving on resources.

Abigael

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 11

Postby ptrikha21 » 23 Sep 2019, 13:42

a_jerobon wrote:
ptrikha21 wrote:

Yes, this is a truly great move. It provides for quality roads while also saving on resources.

Yes, and I feel that other cities not only in India but in other countries can follow this model and collaborate.

ptrikha21

Postby Happyland » 24 Sep 2019, 05:44

I say good. There is too much plastic in use. There is plastic everywhere. I like the idea of using plastic waste for roads. Finding practical use of plastic can help minimize its bad effects in our environment. There are over to 10 million tons of plastic in our waterways. This can cause harm to sea life. For example it can wind up inside the body of a whales. Whales are beautiful mammals and their home should be respected.

Happyland

ForumCoin: 1,317

Your Ad Here.

Return to General Chat - Off Topic