ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
You know you want to!

The search for a second hand car- no mean thing!

Postby ptrikha21 » 06 Jan 2019, 12:15

Well for some reasons, I have had to look for a second hand car. It is not as simple as it sounded. One has to search for right dealers, check specs, get conditions checked.
One also has to see what suits one's budget and the older vehicle does not has any major problem(s).
And it takes time- no mean task that is!

Any of you had experience buying a second hand car.
  • 1

User avatar
ptrikha21
 
Posts: 827
Location: India
Reputation: 260
ForumCoin: 79

Re: The search for a second hand car- no mean thing!

Postby mrki444 » 06 Jan 2019, 12:57

So far I bought two second hand car. I don't have Money for new car. In both cases I bought good cars. I didn't have any bigger problems with it.
  • 1

mrki444
 
Posts: 9,680
Reputation: 234
ForumCoin: 826

Re: The search for a second hand car- no mean thing!

Postby nakitakona » 06 Jan 2019, 13:09

I have reacquired a second-hand versavan for my family service when I received my retirement pay. What I did was to surf the Facebook for an offer for sale of a secondhand vehicle. I had found several and personally did an ocular inspection of the unit. But I wasn't convinced especially the price.

But this L300 Red Mitsubishi versavan I have bought was being displayed in front of a Robinson mall. A contact number of an owner was displayed. I made a call and found out that he was the supervisor of BF Goodrich Tires. I closed the deal. And in the following day, I brought along with me a car mechanic, a relative of my son-in-law. The road test was done and it's was okay. I paid the whole amount.

Image
My Second-hand L300 Red Mitsubishi Versavan Model 1998
  • 1

User avatar
nakitakona
 
Posts: 3,905
Location: Philippines
Referrals: 5
Reputation: 317
ForumCoin: 601

Re: The search for a second hand car- no mean thing!

Postby freelancermariagrace » 09 Jan 2019, 07:21

Yes, we owned a second hand car when I was still in school. It’s true that you have to consider a lot of things before you make your final purchase decision
  • 1

freelancermariagrace
 
Posts: 1,049
Referrals: 1
Reputation: 53
ForumCoin: 153

Re: The search for a second hand car- no mean thing!

Postby ceci » 11 Jan 2019, 04:39

I never buy a new car so far in my 20 years driving experience. Anyway, might think to get one one day soon!
  • 1

User avatar
ceci
 
Posts: 9,149
Referrals: 5
Reputation: 361
ForumCoin: 617

Re: The search for a second hand car- no mean thing!

Postby mrki444 » 11 Jan 2019, 12:13

I never buy First good car I see. I always Search for few months cars, follow prices, read about experience other drivers. Buying car is not easy thing.
  • 1

mrki444
 
Posts: 9,680
Reputation: 234
ForumCoin: 826

Re: The search for a second hand car- no mean thing!

Postby ptrikha21 » 11 Jan 2019, 17:10

mrki444 wrote:So far I bought two second hand car. I don't have Money for new car. In both cases I bought good cars. I didn't have any bigger problems with it.

Here too people are buying used cars. But yes, worries remain whether there could be potential issues with the used ones.
  • 1

User avatar
ptrikha21
 
Posts: 827
Location: India
Reputation: 260
ForumCoin: 79

Re: The search for a second hand car- no mean thing!

Postby suny » 12 Jan 2019, 10:38

I bought a used car last year, a Mazda 3- 2015 model . However it's really easy to buy one since Gumtree and Carsales have large and genuine listing with very little bargaining and easy transfer and paperwork.
  • 1

User avatar
suny
 
Posts: 9,631
Referrals: 63
Reputation: 1614
ForumCoin: 83

Re: The search for a second hand car- no mean thing!

Postby nakitakona » 12 Jan 2019, 13:08

ptrikha21 wrote: ... Here too people are buying used cars. But yes, worries remain whether there could be potential issues with the used ones.

You have the point. It couldn't be avoided the things that you have mentioned, "potential issues" when buying a second-hand cars. In my case, I try to avoid that kind of issues by using a good mechanic who knows the condition of the used cars so that I may not be wasting my hard-earned money.
  • 1

User avatar
nakitakona
 
Posts: 3,905
Location: Philippines
Referrals: 5
Reputation: 317
ForumCoin: 601

Re: The search for a second hand car- no mean thing!

Postby oldbuddy » 12 Jan 2019, 16:30

nakitakona wrote:
ptrikha21 wrote: ... Here too people are buying used cars. But yes, worries remain whether there could be potential issues with the used ones.

You have the point. It couldn't be avoided the things that you have mentioned, "potential issues" when buying a second-hand cars. In my case, I try to avoid that kind of issues by using a good mechanic who knows the condition of the used cars so that I may not be wasting my hard-earned money.

I recently bought a 1993 Jeep Cherokee with 200,000 miles on it because I need a 4X4 to get off the hill I live on when it snows. The biggest advantage is, even if it broke down tomorrow, the used parts are in such high demand I could make my money back with ease.
  • 1

DO YOU WANT TO MAKE MORE ONLINE THAN YOU DO NOW?
It's NOT going to happen without learning higher paying skills and using them.
CLICK HERE for details on the simple way to do that.
User avatar
oldbuddy
 
Posts: 6,175
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
Referrals: 30
Reputation: 1281
ForumCoin: 2,217

Re: The search for a second hand car- no mean thing!

Postby mrki444 » 12 Jan 2019, 18:04

suny wrote:I bought a used car last year, a Mazda 3- 2015 model . However it's really easy to buy one since Gumtree and Carsales have large and genuine listing with very little bargaining and easy transfer and paperwork.


2015 model? That is almost like new car. My current Seat Ibiza is 2008 and before it VW Polo was 1999. You Mazda in Croatia costs more than 11 000 euros.
  • 1

mrki444
 
Posts: 9,680
Reputation: 234
ForumCoin: 826

Re: The search for a second hand car- no mean thing!

Postby darkthorn » 12 Jan 2019, 18:46

Well I was lucky with my car, it is 19 years old and never gave me a major problem, but I know that the day will come I will have to search for another car. A new one is not an option because of the prices, so a second hand will be, when that moment comes I will ask help to my cousin because he understands a lot about cars and he can see the mechanical condition of the car.
  • 1

User avatar
darkthorn
 
Posts: 3,222
Referrals: 1
Reputation: 458
ForumCoin: 188

Re: The search for a second hand car- no mean thing!

Postby ptrikha21 » 13 Jan 2019, 09:10

suny wrote:I bought a used car last year, a Mazda 3- 2015 model . However it's really easy to buy one since Gumtree and Carsales have large and genuine listing with very little bargaining and easy transfer and paperwork.

Oh that is great ! We have sites like carwale and cars24 in India.

--- 13 Jan 2019, 14:41 ---

darkthorn wrote:Well I was lucky with my car, it is 19 years old and never gave me a major problem, but I know that the day will come I will have to search for another car. A new one is not an option because of the prices, so a second hand will be, when that moment comes I will ask help to my cousin because he understands a lot about cars and he can see the mechanical condition of the car.

What is the difference between the used and new car in your place?

--- 13 Jan 2019, 14:43 ---

oldbuddy wrote:
nakitakona wrote:
ptrikha21 wrote: ... Here too people are buying used cars. But yes, worries remain whether there could be potential issues with the used ones.

You have the point. It couldn't be avoided the things that you have mentioned, "potential issues" when buying a second-hand cars. In my case, I try to avoid that kind of issues by using a good mechanic who knows the condition of the used cars so that I may not be wasting my hard-earned money.

I recently bought a 1993 Jeep Cherokee with ..


We can't buy any vehicle older than 15 years as per rule. So I am looking for a 4 to 5 year old vehicle.

--- 13 Jan 2019, 14:44 ---

nakitakona wrote:
ptrikha21 wrote: ... Here too people are buying used cars. But yes, worries remain whether there could be potential issues with the used ones.

You have the point. It couldn't be avoided the things that you have mentioned, "potential issues" when buying a second-hand cars. In my case, I try to avoid that kind of issues by using a good mechanic who knows the condition of the used cars so that I may not be wasting my hard-earned money.

So does the mechanic readily agrees to accompany you to the car dealer.
  • 0

User avatar
ptrikha21
 
Posts: 827
Location: India
Reputation: 260
ForumCoin: 79

Re: The search for a second hand car- no mean thing!

Postby mrki444 » 13 Jan 2019, 09:18

Don't buy car from car dealers. Buy from long time owners.
  • 1

mrki444
 
Posts: 9,680
Reputation: 234
ForumCoin: 826

Re: The search for a second hand car- no mean thing!

Postby oldbuddy » 14 Jan 2019, 00:58

mrki444 wrote:Don't buy car from car dealers. Buy from long time owners.

Who you buy from has nothing to do with it. You still need to check it out and make sure you get a good deal and I have done well and found a lemon from both ways.
  • 1

DO YOU WANT TO MAKE MORE ONLINE THAN YOU DO NOW?
It's NOT going to happen without learning higher paying skills and using them.
CLICK HERE for details on the simple way to do that.
User avatar
oldbuddy
 
Posts: 6,175
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
Referrals: 30
Reputation: 1281
ForumCoin: 2,217

Next

Return to General Chat - Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: OldGuy and 1 guest

Reputation System ©'