ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
You know you want to!

How is your Christmas Time every year?

Poll runs till 10 Jan 2019, 18:27

Just so so
No votes
Average
14%
Not worth mentioning
No votes
Fabulous
14%
Superb
29%
Excellent
14%
Boring
No votes
Very Busy
29%

Total votes : 7

How about a Christmas special feature week here at Forumcoin?

Postby ptrikha21 » 01 Dec 2018, 18:27

All,
I have an idea. Why don't we have a Christmas special week here.
The idea is that various folks write down some interesting anecdote in their life around or related to Christmas, or some time around New Year. Or something special they did during these days.
Or someone could just share some special achievement they have had in their lives.
The moderators or the Administrators, if they have the funds could donate some additional coins to the post(s) which are well formed, have good English, and are well received by people here.
Any other ideas too are welcome.

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 284

Re: How about a Christmas special feature week here at Forumcoin?

Postby arunima » 02 Dec 2018, 07:54

This is a wonderful idea and sounds too festive and apt for the season of joy and sharing joys. I do keep stalls in my apartment and other places where there is a celebration going on to sell my crafts or food items that I make at home. I share my profit with one of the NGO that I vlounteer. I am also visiting a school for underprivileged children with my daughters to teach them some carols and to do some Christmas crafts with them.

--- 02 Dec 2018, 07:55 ---

arunima

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 674

Postby talkerbee » 02 Dec 2018, 12:59

I'm a quite busy this coming following days. I have many works to do with my co-youth for Christmas. We will be having Christmas carolings, Christmas decoration in church like creating parol and Belen, and of course we will organizing Christmas party. That's the work as one of the leader. I hope we can do the work successfully.

talkerbee

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 84

Postby ptrikha21 » 02 Dec 2018, 14:08

arunima wrote:This is a wonderful idea and sounds too festive and apt for the season of joy and sharing joys. I do keep stalls in my apartment and other places where there is a celebration going on to sell my crafts or food items that I make at home. I share my profit with one of the NGO that I vlounteer. I am also visiting a school for underprivileged children with my daughters to teach them some carols and to do some Christmas crafts with them.

You can share your Volunteering work pictures and list what all you did here.

--- 02 Dec 2018, 19:39 ---

talkerbee wrote:I'm a quite busy this coming following days. I have many works to do with my co-youth for Christmas. We will be having Christmas carolings, Christmas decoration in church like creating parol and Belen, and of course we will organizing Christmas party. That's the work as one of the leader. I hope we can do the work successfully.

How about sharing your work and Christmas party here after the Christmas is over?

ptrikha21

Postby nakitakona » 02 Dec 2018, 14:37

Good idea. I like it but it seems no reaction yet from the admin or the moderator. What are we going to do is just to post it to the proper thread, particularly in General Chat -Off Topic.

nakitakona

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 668

Postby arunima » 03 Dec 2018, 07:50

ptrikha21 wrote:
arunima wrote:This is a wonderful idea and sounds too festive and apt for the season of joy and sharing joys. I do keep stalls in my apartment and other places where there is a celebration going on to sell my crafts or food items that I make at home. I share my profit with one of the NGO that I vlounteer. I am also visiting a school for underprivileged children with my daughters to teach them some carols and to do some Christmas crafts with them.

You can share your Volunteering work pictures and list what all you did here.

--- 02 Dec 2018, 19:39 ---

talkerbee wrote:I'm a quite busy this coming following days. I have many works to do with my co-youth for Christmas. We will be having Christmas carolings, Christmas decoration in church like creating parol and Belen, and of course we will organizing Christmas party. That's the work as one of the leader. I hope we can do the work successfully.

How about sharing your work and Christmas party here after the Christmas is over?

That looks like a good idea and I will surely do it. I have never posted any picture on FC so far and I hope it is easy to do so.

arunima

Postby ptrikha21 » 04 Dec 2018, 16:03

Yes @arunima it is something worth trying.

ptrikha21

Postby talkerbee » 05 Dec 2018, 12:39

ptrikha21 wrote:How about sharing your work and Christmas party here after the Christmas is over?
Yeah, sure! I can't promise I can include people on the pic. I need first ask confirmation from them. I can surely share output like decoration and set up...

talkerbee

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 84

Postby sofs » 05 Dec 2018, 13:41

Would be awesome I guess.. I am new here, some of the sites I have worked in have had special contests and stuff around the holidays.. If the admin here are okay it would really be a fun thing.

sofs

ForumCoin: 63

Postby augusta » 06 Dec 2018, 06:37

It will be awesome to have to such a week here it will really get the site going. I love Christmas stuff and I wouldn't mind having to engage in it all week.

augusta

ForumCoin: 373

Postby OldGuy » 06 Dec 2018, 16:46

Maybe the members themselves can share the Christmas Spirit this month. Everyone has that "Donate" button and everyone who has funds in their own accounts can offer up a Christmas Gift donation on their own, to any other member, for whatever amount and whatever reason.

Moderators are just other members who have been asked to volunteer their time and effort to help keep the site running smoothly. We don't have any access to any special bank account. Anything we have is earned by posting just like everyone else.

Fergal is already sharing his generosity by covering all site expenses and paying everyone their earned ForumCoins out of his own pocket, at least until he finds a suitable advertising format that covers those costs.

I have already been posting special "Tis the Christmas Season" weekly riddles in the games category out of my own earnings. Weeks one and two have already been run, a winner selected and paid out. There are three more still planned for the next three Mondays.

How about each of you making a special Christmas Gift to some other member or members to share the Christmas giving spirit?

Please help make ForumCoin friendlier!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22964
OldGuy
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 629

Postby ptrikha21 » 06 Dec 2018, 18:12

sofs wrote:Would be awesome I guess.. I am new here, some of the sites I have worked in have had special contests and stuff around the holidays.. If the admin here are okay it would really be a fun thing.

Yes the exact thing though can vary.

--- 06 Dec 2018, 23:44 ---

Thanks for your inputs OldGuy. Yes, we can use the donate button for good works.

ptrikha21

Postby arunima » 07 Dec 2018, 08:00

OldGuy has been in the giving spirit all through the year..doanting his FC for keeping up with the quality of the forum. He has been a real Santa here. Proud of him :thumbup:

arunima

Return to General Chat - Off Topic