ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
You know you want to!

If you could chat with your younger self, what would you say?

Postby lisasteinmetz69 » 06 Dec 2017, 20:07

If only I knew the things that I know now my life would have been so much easier. I would have been able to retire at 45 if I put my money in a savings account and save instead of letting my folks take it.
I was a nanny at 15 years old for a woman across the street from us... this lasted for 3 years. I was bringing home $300 every two weeks. I took $50 and my parents took the rest, I never learned about saving money.

I would talk to my younger self about saving the money by placing it in a savings account and simply let it sit and accrue interest. I would tell her that We are Enough. We will be OK and that it's safe to go out of our comfort zone.
I have been living in my comfort zone for so long that I don't know how to venture outside of it.

lisasteinmetz69

ForumCoin: 162

Re: If you could chat with your younger self, what would you say?

Postby nela13 » 07 Dec 2017, 13:58

lisasteinmetz69 wrote:We will be OK and that it's safe to go out of our comfort zone.
I have been living in my comfort zone for so long that I don't know how to venture outside of it.

I would say that to myself too. If I had that chance I would explain to me that I need to study hard and go to a different direction and get out of my comfort zone, because of that now I don't have the job for what I have studied and now I am earning much less than what I thought I would be earning.

nela13

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 2,592

Postby Angie10 » 07 Dec 2017, 14:34

I think a lot of us only find out when we are older that it's crucial to be smart with money. In my personal experience, over the years, I have done everything right bar saving money! Now I look around and feel like my peers have left me way behind. I'm not trying to compete with them, but I wish I'd saved more. So I'd tell my younger self to always put some money away in a high interest bank account that's not easy to access, no matter how small.

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 2,052

Postby OldGuy » 08 Dec 2017, 02:25

I would go back to when I was about 8 years old. I would tell the kid:

You are about to find a huge box filled with thousands of old baseball cards. Put them someplace safe and keep them. They will be worth millions before you are 20 years old. Don't just use them as spoke flappers on your bicycle! (yes, ALL of them ... Sheesh) :shock:

If I could only just make that single visit, I would be a filthy rich millionaire now. Oh well. :cry:

OldGuy

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 282

Postby blair » 08 Dec 2017, 02:37

I would definitely tell my younger self that there is more to life than anything else I am trying to put my attention on. I would be more clear in what direction to take should I listen to my older self.

blair

ForumCoin: 298

Postby verity » 08 Dec 2017, 04:27

hello i have a pain and suffering when im young honestly until now as adult due too! im an unemployed for couple of years ago, and back when im was young, and strong, i miss an important Opportunity ! that came in my life!

verity

ForumCoin: 503

Postby sprite1950 » 08 Dec 2017, 17:29

I would kick my own backside and take the opportunities that came my way .. I missed so many chances through indecisiveness. I also made some bad mistakes that changed the course of my life so I would love to go back and alter that. Having said that I am the person I am today through those mistakes and probably stronger for it.

sprite1950

Referrals: 7
ForumCoin: 397

Postby cmoneyspinner » 08 Dec 2017, 20:56

I would tell myself to marry the same man, have his kids, and stop aging when I turned 39.

39 and holding. Forever! :lol: :lol:

cmoneyspinner

ForumCoin: 816

Postby liveonline » 09 Dec 2017, 01:45

:lol: I know what you mean I'm telling myself the same thing, if we (me & my husband)
could have saved ALL the $ we have LOST in the last 30 yrs of our marriage we' wouldn't be
where we are now, but it's the way the ball bounces & we're living pay check to pay check :cry:

liveonline

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 368

Postby Fergal » 14 Dec 2017, 10:30

Not starting to save at a younger age is a regret of many people, myself included. I would also tell myself to buy some Bitcoin, when I first heard about it, I'd be a lot lot wealthier today if I'd done that.

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 30,691

Postby Spriha » 18 Dec 2017, 02:28

I would say come on grow up. lol

Spriha

ForumCoin: 0

Postby ceci » 21 Dec 2017, 14:42

Fergal wrote:Not starting to save at a younger age is a regret of many people, myself included. I would also tell myself to buy some Bitcoin, when I first heard about it, I'd be a lot lot wealthier today if I'd done that.

Haha! So true, 1 or 2 coins is good enough, 2 years back is good enough too. :P

ceci

ForumCoin: 68

Postby aecel » 12 Jan 2018, 04:46

I would tell myself that life is not easy there's a lot of struggles you must be stronger and study harder to have a stable income. Choose to be happy because happiness is really hard to find.

aecel

ForumCoin: 286

Return to General Chat - Off Topic