ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
You know you want to!

You won a 10 million dollar lottery.. what do you do with it??

Postby lisasteinmetz69 » 25 Nov 2017, 00:42

I have it all planned out. I would go to the mountains somewhere and open up a Christmas Hotel that's open all year round. I would utilize the local farmers and craftsman as well. I would have things available year round. Large rooms for conventions and meetings. A large pond would be on the property for row boats and plenty of wide open spaces for folks to hike and enjoy the beautiful weather. I would also open up a no kill animal shelter and a place for veterans to bring their pets when they get shipped out over seas and they can't find someone to care for them.

What would you do?

lisasteinmetz69

ForumCoin: 244

Re: You won a 10 million dollar lottery.. what do you do with it??

Postby OldGuy » 25 Nov 2017, 02:44

I have been buying lottery tickets with the same numbers in each draw for the past few years.

I have two ideas I would pursue if I should ever win the big payout. I have already written out detailed plans for both ideas but the complete concepts would be too much to post here.

One is a business consortium to give new entrepreneurs a starting platform.
The other is a solar powered neighborhood.

I have no use for multiple homes, cars or accumulating more stuff at this age. I have no interest in travel. I don't have a lot of living family left to spend it on. I would truly enjoy a project that would be a benefit to a lot of people, or at least do my part to leave the planet a little better off before I take my final flight.

OldGuy

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 563

Postby verity » 25 Nov 2017, 02:53

Hello im a Lottery bettor for 25 years since i was a teenager But until now NO luck! i guess if Ever i Win lottery :D i want to Build a 5th story House kinda a mansion and have a Elevator and Purchased Luxury cars ferrari,lamborgini, and bullet proof cars , and i want to Travel the Whole world! and with some amount of money i will help charities :thumbup: and i want poor people living in a streets have work ! i will Create Jobs! <3

verity

ForumCoin: 855

Postby Musati » 25 Nov 2017, 19:00

I would donate some to charity.treat myself by going on a vacation and finally see a financial advisor so that i may be guided on how to invest wisely.

Musati

ForumCoin: 109

Postby talkerbee » 26 Nov 2017, 01:35

If I won...10% of it would be donated to the church and other 10% to the charity foundation, 50% for business & properties, 10% travel abroad, 10% share for parents, 5% to my younger brother and other 5% to my older brother.

talkerbee

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 233

Postby ARN4567 » 26 Nov 2017, 15:39

First thing I do would pinch myself if I'm still dreaming...and if not then first thing would to thank him above for hearing my prayer, and still pray for his constant guidance that I may spent it the way he wants it to be properly used...

ARN4567

ForumCoin: 162

Postby kaphokz » 28 Nov 2017, 03:18

I will buy some house and I will make it for rent so I have some investments, and I will build some franchise like mcdo or 7/11 :) in short half of my money will be going to investments

kaphokz

ForumCoin: 109

Postby tabzy24 » 28 Nov 2017, 05:21

i will put a business, buy house and lot and most of all travel. <3

tabzy24

ForumCoin: 32

Postby sprite1950 » 28 Nov 2017, 08:14

I would pay off what is left of my mortgage, probably pay off my daughter's too as she and her partner are just setting out in life, make sure my son was ok and put some money in trust for my granddaughter for when she is older. Then I would take my sister on a wonderful holiday as she has been very ill. If autonomous cars are around I will buy one of those too.

I love the idea of the no kill animal shelter as I am a great animal lover and then I will come and visit your Christmas hotel as that sounds wonderful :D <3

sprite1950

Referrals: 7
ForumCoin: 1,341

Postby suny » 28 Nov 2017, 08:37

I think you will have to win more than one lottery of this amount to get all these things in your property. However, your idea sounds great and you can go ahead with your plan although you will have to apply for loan. But I hope everything will be settled in due course. My best wishes for your win and plan.

suny

Referrals: 59
ForumCoin: 1,384

Postby averygirl72 » 28 Nov 2017, 09:45

If I became rich I want to make a brand new house because our house is very old already. I put shops in front so we can have some business since our space is commercial area. I want to have a printing business for documents and tutorial business since we are close to school. I will also buy a van for my family. Then I want to travel around the world with my family

averygirl72

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 101

Postby junrose123 » 29 Nov 2017, 08:54

If I would be given a given a chance to win such kind of lottery, I would probably buy real estate properties for business and would save some of the money for future used.

junrose123

ForumCoin: 286

Postby thisnthat » 02 Dec 2017, 19:06

At this moment? I'd stand outside shelters, food banks, or other institutions for the needy and hand out $100 bills for Christmas.

I'd buy my mother a new house. Then, I'd move too. I'd share it will all the people I love and give some to (worthwhile) charity.

thisnthat

ForumCoin: 300

Postby cmoneyspinner » 02 Dec 2017, 19:29

Truly excellent question. We all imagine what we would DO if we were independently wealthy.

I don't play the lottery so it will never happen but let's say I come into 10 million dollars.

First thing, make a generous contribution to the mission work of the church.

I must honor The One Who rained this blessing down on me.
“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, ...” (James 1:17) <3

~ Write a will to redistribute whatever wealth may remain after I've used the money.
FACT: Death happens quick! You could get money one minute and drop dead the next minute! Take care of matters while you're breathing to prevent family members from fighting each other over it when you're gone.
Just being real. :$:

~ Pay my debts. Will be glad to get creditors off my back!

If my husband is alive and able, I'll let him handle the rest. He's always been better at money management at me and he is trustworthy. Money management is a blessing but can also be a burden. He's the only person I would trust with that kind of money to lift that burden off of me.

BUT! If he's not able to help me, I'll have to handle money matters myself. In that case, I would:

~ Invest in real estate; a home for myself and some income properties.
~ Buy a car so I can get around on my own.
~ Set aside a reasonable monthly allowance for myself to cover living expenses.
~ Find other ways to invest wisely and also look for charitable works to support.

Take a portion and invest in cryptocurrency. Just gotta try this! :) :lol:

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 139

Postby verity » 18 Dec 2017, 02:54

averygirl72 wrote:If I became rich I want to make a brand new house because our house is very old already. I put shops in front so we can have some business since our space is commercial area. I want to have a printing business for documents and tutorial business since we are close to school. I will also buy a van for my family. Then I want to travel around the world with my family
nice Deal but 10 million us dollars is Not Enough for travelling worldwide dear you will be bankcrupt!

verity

ForumCoin: 855

Next

Return to General Chat - Off Topic