ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
You know you want to!

Re: How often you cook at home?

Postby ceci » 14 Oct 2016, 04:35

grecy0905 wrote:I do not cook at home. I have my parents that do it. I do most of the tasting. I am their Quality Assurance :lol: . What I only know to do is to cook fried rice and fried egg, but I even don't know how to open the cooking equipment :lol: .

Nice to stay with parents. Married daughter doesn't have such privilege anymore!:P

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 620

Postby ceci » 23 Oct 2016, 04:32

makeinst wrote:I cook about 2-3 days weekly at my home. but I also like to buy fast food , when I`m busy .

No choice to buy fast food or eat outside when too busy, but better to choose a healthy meal outside if unable to cook at home.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 620

Postby thisnthat » 27 Oct 2016, 15:21

I usually make breakfast for my husband as well as supper most days. Usually one night a week, we'll grab something or I'll just make something quick like French dip sandwiches instead of a full meal.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Postby Husainkoliraskr » 27 Oct 2016, 15:44

Just sometimes when i am hungry and my family is out or went somewhere. So i do cook.maggi pasta chapatis curry fried eggs etc...

Husainkoliraskr

ForumCoin: 0

Postby latoya0321 » 27 Oct 2016, 17:28

I do not cook as much as i should. If you put it into the perspective of being frugal and saving resources i really should. I have a bad habit of eating out. The main reason i guess you could say is laziness. I am on the go a lot so i dont feel like taking rime to prepare meals. I live alone but it still helps to save money.

latoya0321

ForumCoin: 27

Postby suny » 29 Oct 2016, 12:46

I do not get many opportunities to cook although I know how to cook. I have cooked for years when I was unmarried and was living alone but my wife thinks I mismanage HER kitchen so I am not allowed to enter there :(

suny

Referrals: 63
ForumCoin: 112

Postby gautamdotcom » 29 Oct 2016, 17:16

I hardly go to the kitchen and i can cook only maggi and make tea

gautamdotcom

ForumCoin: 21

Postby thisnthat » 29 Oct 2016, 17:34

latoya0321 wrote:I do not cook as much as i should. If you put it into the perspective of being frugal and saving resources i really should. I have a bad habit of eating out. The main reason i guess you could say is laziness. I am on the go a lot so i dont feel like taking rime to prepare meals. I live alone but it still helps to save money.

When you do cook, you could try making a little extra. Use it as is or make it into something else (like leftover chicken into a chicken sandwich, etc). Then you have an easy meal for later without the extra time spent cooking.

thisnthat

ForumCoin: 383

Postby chikitta » 29 Oct 2016, 19:03

I cook every single day all the meals accept lunch during week days because am not home at that time. But breakfast and dinner is all in me. As much as I love cooking I would also like the idea of sitting back and letting somebody else do it for me once in a while and see how it feels to also be served

chikitta

ForumCoin: 9

Postby ptrikha21 » 15 Dec 2018, 17:18

Cooking at home, even with some pain incurred on the body in terms of tiring out is better as compared to regularly eating out from the outside.
Eating too much from outside- even a frequency of once a week can cause health problems- especially digestion, as we cannot be sure what kind of ingredients and food combinations(important from Ayurvedic point of view) are used in cooking in outside food joints, Restaurants etc.
So even simple and small quantity things cooked at home are preferable than outside foods.

--- 15 Dec 2018, 22:50 ---

suny wrote:I do not get many opportunities to cook although I know how to cook. I have cooked for years when I was unmarried and was living alone but my wife thinks I mismanage HER kitchen so I am not allowed to enter there :(

Ha ha even I am not allowed to "experiment" much. My chapatis(Indian bread) gets burnt from edges and gets a severe down rating ! :roll:
But yes, I am quite good at making tea so I help with that many a times.

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 147

Postby OldGuy » 15 Dec 2018, 18:40

I cook almost every meal at home. I have gone out maybe once or twice in the past year, but everything else is made right at home. I never use someone else's recipe. I like to experiment. I've cooked up some gawdawful stuff from time to time but most of the time, I come up with some concoction I like well enough to give it several more tries.

Breakfast is my biggest meal of the day. I only start out with one egg and one piece of sausage, but with all that I add to it, it fills the plate. I only use a single slice of bread to toast but usually cut it in 8 slices that sort of look like french fries. If I don't feel hungry enough to eat 8 slices of toast, I only cut it in four slices. :lolno:

For everything else, I usually end up with big batches when I cook up something new. I eat one serving and put the rest in single serving containers and put them in the freezer. I move a few different options to the refrigerator to thaw and microwave them when I feel like something different. Right this moment, I am down to just 18 to 20 options to pick from for my next dinner.

Why go out to eat when I have all this great stuff right here?

Please help make ForumCoin friendlier!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22964
OldGuy
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 575

Postby darkthorn » 15 Dec 2018, 20:07

Sometimes I cook at home mainly on my days off, the rest of the weak I eat at work and I do not need to take food. I may say that cooking is not one of the things I love to do but I do some dishes when needed :mrgreen:

darkthorn

ForumCoin: 192

Postby suny » 15 Dec 2018, 21:36

Ha ha even I am not allowed to "experiment" much. My chapatis(Indian bread) gets burnt from edges and gets a severe down rating ! :roll:
But yes, I am quite good at making tea so I help with that many a times.[/quote]
I think I can cook better than my wife but she is too possesive about her kitchen. I think she finds the excuse in that I mismanage her kitchen so my entry is ban as long she is home.

suny

Referrals: 63
ForumCoin: 112

Postby ptrikha21 » 16 Dec 2018, 10:22

OldGuy wrote:I cook almost every meal at home. I have gone out maybe once or twice in the past year, but everything else is made right at home. I never use someone else's recipe. I like to experiment. I've cooked up some gawdawful stuff from time to time but most of the time, I come up with some concoction I like well enough to give it several more tries.

18 to 20 options ! That is awesome !
:shock:

--- 16 Dec 2018, 15:53 ---

suny wrote:Ha ha even I am not allowed to "experiment" much. My chapatis(Indian bread) gets burnt from edges and gets a severe down rating ! :roll:
But yes, I am quite good at making tea so I help with that many a times.

I think I can cook better than my wife but she is too possesive about her kitchen. I think she finds the excuse in that I mismanage her kitchen so my entry is ban as long she is home.[/quote]

Just like my wife banned my "dancing" at friends and relatives functions, after seeing my dance attempts a few times !
;) ;)

--- 16 Dec 2018, 15:56 ---

gautamdotcom wrote:I hardly go to the kitchen and i can cook only maggi and make tea

Have you tried making any vegetable or Chapatis or Paranthas(Forms of Indian Bread)

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 147

Postby Jinglebells » 17 Dec 2018, 07:06

Mostly all week unless I get a break. I have control of what I eat by eating at home.

Jinglebells

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 68

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat - Off Topic