*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
You know you want to!

What book are you currently reading?

Postby Fergal » 08 Sep 2014, 17:50

I've just started "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" by John Boyne. Boyne, is an Irish writer who claims to have written the first full draft of the book in two and a half days. It has been hugely successful and was made into a Hollywood movie.

So far, I find the writing to be really enjoyable and it is a pleasure to read, even though I know the story from having read the movie.

What are you reading at the moment and how are you enjoying it?

Best Year Ever :D

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 13,520

Re: What book are you currently reading?

Postby Teekay » 08 Sep 2014, 18:51

Reading Think Like a Freak by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner. If you read Freakonomics and liked that book then you'll enjoy this one too, it's different from their other books but the writing style is the same.

Teekay

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 62

Postby ksridharprasad » 09 Sep 2014, 00:32

Fergal wrote:I've just started "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" by John Boyne. Boyne, is an Irish writer who claims to have written the first full draft of the book in two and a half days. It has been hugely successful and was made into a Hollywood movie.

So far, I find the writing to be really enjoyable and it is a pleasure to read, even though I know the story from having read the movie.

Hi Fergal,

I don't remember that I have completed any English book or story, except my school and college books. After that I have read some business magazines, now Iam reading Tuesday Lobsong Rampa- Secret Knowledge in Telugu version.

ksridharprasad

Referrals: 13
ForumCoin: 292

Postby Fergal » 09 Sep 2014, 06:47

Teekay wrote:Think Like a Freak by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner

It sounds great Teekay, I really did enjoy Freakonomics so I may well read their new one in the future.

@ksridharprasad how are you enjoying that book, what do you feel you are learning from it?

Fergal
Site Admin

Postby JordanDD » 28 Sep 2014, 20:58

I am actually reading a french book call "Les Misérables" ! You will probably recognise the title ^^ Pretty good ! But french is a hard language :(

JordanDD

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 20

Postby shamzblueworld » 12 Oct 2014, 04:24

I read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, it was really nice. I think this was the first ever fiction book that I read. Later I watched the movie too but I liked the book better.

shamzblueworld

ForumCoin: 274

Postby ksridharprasad » 12 Oct 2014, 04:45

Fergal wrote:
Teekay wrote:Think Like a Freak by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner

It sounds great Teekay, I really did enjoy Freakonomics so I may well read their new one in the future.

@ksridharprasad how are you enjoying that book, what do you feel you are learning from it?

Hi Friend,

This book contains the story of T Lobsang Rampa with his Guru in child hoods days, I will complete the reading the book in two days.

ksridharprasad

Postby Fergal » 12 Oct 2014, 14:55

shamzblueworld wrote:The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I've just had a look at it on Amazon and I don't think I've ever seen a book with so many positive reviews. Is it quite a spiritual book?

Fergal
Site Admin

Postby shamzblueworld » 13 Oct 2014, 06:23

Fergal wrote:
shamzblueworld wrote:The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I've just had a look at it on Amazon and I don't think I've ever seen a book with so many positive reviews. Is it quite a spiritual book?

No its not, its a love story, a fictional love story of two young people who are also fighting for their lives with Cancer.
Its really beautiful. You can actually get its PDF copy free from here http://thefaultinourstarspdf.com/

shamzblueworld

Postby Fergal » 13 Oct 2014, 06:52

Thanks for the link shamzblueworld, I will have a look at that and hopefully get to read it in the near future.

Fergal
Site Admin

Postby shamzblueworld » 13 Oct 2014, 07:28

Fergal wrote:Thanks for the link shamzblueworld, I will have a look at that and hopefully get to read it in the near future.
You're welcome.
And yes, every reader should read it, its really well written.

shamzblueworld

Postby ksridharprasad » 13 Oct 2014, 08:32

Hi Friends,

Today I have completed Telugu version of "Secret knowledge" by Tuesday Lobsang Rampa book. I have to complete the pending pages in " Maranam Leni meeru" Telugu book translated by by PG Ramamohan originally written by Tuesday Lobsang Rampa.

ksridharprasad

Postby Jotomy » 13 Oct 2014, 10:50

ksridharprasad wrote:
Fergal wrote:I've just started "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" by John Boyne. Boyne, is an Irish writer who claims to have written the first full draft of the book in two and a half days. It has been hugely successful and was made into a Hollywood movie.

Hi Fergal,

I don't remember that I have completed any English book or story, except my school and college books. After that I have read some business magazines, now Iam reading Tuesday Lobsong Rampa- Secret Knowledge in Telugu version.

I thought of reading this book never happened to read it, let me read this time while travelling in train. :)

Jotomy

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 397

Postby Fergal » 13 Oct 2014, 18:15

Jotomy are you referring to "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas"? I've finished it now and it really is an excellent book. Some of it is a little harrowing and it brings home some of the horror of World War II, through the eyes of a child.

Fergal
Site Admin

Postby ksridharprasad » 20 Oct 2014, 12:24

Hi Friends,

Today I have started to read pending pages in book of "Maranam Leni Meeru" in telugu version of T.Lobsong Rampa. It may take one month to complete the pending pages in the book.

ksridharprasad

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to General Chat - Off Topic