ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
You know you want to!

Food and Drink : I Don't Like Black Food

Postby cmoneyspinner » 12 Aug 2017, 21:16

If you consider yourself a black person, please don't take offense to the statement “I Don't Like Black Food”. I'm not talking about black people food (or soul food). I'm talking about food that is the color black!

Yes I know there is an entire cuisine built around “blackened” food. But when I eat my food I don't want it to be the same color as the pan that I just took it out of!

However … if it's black ice cream … I'll make an exception.

“This blackened dessert trend is rippling across the world, and we want answers.”

I don't need answers. It's ice cream! That's all I need to know!

What's all the fuss about black ice cream?

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 102

Re: Food and Drink : I Don't Like Black Food

Postby Deedan » 12 Aug 2017, 23:36

This is the first I am seeing this kind of food colour. A better and more attractive colour would do for me.

Deedan

ForumCoin: 29

Postby purple19 » 13 Aug 2017, 00:06

i have never seen a black ice cream in person i don't think this kind of ice cream is sold where i live

purple19

ForumCoin: 219

Postby iyanpol12 » 13 Aug 2017, 00:20

I don't like black food either. Someone told me black ice cream is delicious. But by the looks of it, makes me want to abstain. Lol!

iyanpol12

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 204

Postby peachpurple » 13 Aug 2017, 05:16

I have not seen black ice-cream but I do see black buns or breads which are called "charcoal" because it is nutritious. I don't see the difference though.

peachpurple

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 266

Postby sprite1950 » 13 Aug 2017, 08:21

I've never seen it over here before and call me old fashioned but I think it looks gross. I hope it doesn't taste as bad as it looks!

I'm just trying to think of some other kind of black food that I like .. I like black grapes :D

sprite1950

Referrals: 7
ForumCoin: 2,588

Postby japsalm » 13 Aug 2017, 10:30

I can understand the color to be rather unappealing. But have you tried Squid-ink Pasta? Sure the sauce is black but it is one of the best types of pasta I've ever eaten. Also the most well known colas (coke and pepsi) also do have a shade of black on them. But yeah, I can see where your distaste is coming from. When food that was originally of a certainly lighter shade (like Icecream) acquires a black color, it would be certainly look very weird and unappealing.

japsalm

ForumCoin: 61

Postby morgoodie » 15 Aug 2017, 17:31

I haven't seen this before. I remember the news about black cheese on burgers with black buns and this created a big sensation. I think we are conditioned to think of black food as burned to a crisp so we don't want to eat them. I don't like burned food but I would eat this ice cream. Especially if it was chocolate!!!

@sprite1950 I love black grapes too. I hardly ever eat green grapes. I always go for red or black as they are so good. I love blackberries and black raspberries so black foods can be good.

morgoodie

ForumCoin: 1,718

Postby ladyninja » 17 Aug 2017, 11:59

Black ice cream? Now thats the first time I heard of this. Only on FC :) First it was a black rose, now its a black ice cream.

ladyninja

ForumCoin: 22

Return to General Chat - Off Topic