ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
You know you want to!

Re: What is your Nationality?

Postby Angie10 » 18 May 2017, 15:03

kchrist030515 wrote:
Angie10 wrote:I'm a Motswana from Botswana. Contrary to popular belief, people from Botswana aren't called Botswanan LOL

Singular - Motswana
Plural - Batswana

It that at America?, Sorry I am not familiar with Botswana :roll: :roll:

Sorry, I don't know how I missed your question LOL No, Botswana is a little known African country in southern African.

A Little Info About Botswana

Botswana is topographically flat, with up to 70 percent of its territory being the Kalahari Desert, home to the devastatingly cute meerkats. It is bordered by South Africa to the south and southeast, Namibia to the west and north, and Zimbabwe to the northeast.

Botswana is also a very popular but rather expensive safari destination, with the infamous Okavango Delta being a firm favourite with visitors to Botswana.

Famed for its rule of democracy and stability, the best in all of Africa, most people don't know that Botswana has the biggest diamond mine in the world.

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 864

Postby cmoneyspinner » 18 May 2017, 15:46

Angie10 wrote:
kchrist030515 wrote:
Angie10 wrote:I'm a Motswana from Botswana. Contrary to popular belief, people from Botswana aren't called Botswanan LOL

Singular - Motswana
Plural - Batswana

It that at America?, Sorry I am not familiar with Botswana :roll: :roll:

Sorry, I don't know how I missed your question LOL No, Botswana is a little known African country in southern African.

A Little Info About Botswana

Botswana is topographically flat, with up to 70 percent of its territory being the Kalahari Desert, home to the devastatingly cute meerkats. It is bordered by South Africa to the south and southeast, Namibia to the west and north, and Zimbabwe to the northeast.

Botswana is also a very popular but rather expensive safari destination, with the infamous Okavango Delta being a firm favourite with visitors to Botswana.

Famed for its rule of democracy and stability, the best in all of Africa, most people don't know that Botswana has the biggest diamond mine in the world.

* * "Famed for its rule of democracy and stability, the best in all of Africa ..." That is exactly what I have heard about Botswana and I do wish that other African nations would follow the example. If one country can do it, then other countries can do it!! Africa is a wonderful continent, richly blessed by God. There is no reason why all people in any part of Africa should be hungry, uneducated, etc. There is way too much abundance in that part of the world. Gold, diamonds and prime real estate. Sadly that's what attracts the greedy heartless power-mongers to come there from other parts of the world and make their beds. It's a story that could have been written differently with a happy ending. Botswana is proof of the "other story" that could be written. It's why I like the name of your site. After all, Your Botswana is like an "ideal place" for everybody. Yours, mine, ours.
:)

cmoneyspinner

ForumCoin: 54

Postby darkthorn » 18 May 2017, 21:37

I'm Portuguese born near Lisbon. Even so I was born in Portugal half of my ancestors were Spanish.

darkthorn

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 437

Postby Husainkoliraskr » 19 May 2017, 16:41

I brlong to India.

Husainkoliraskr

ForumCoin: 484

Postby haripriyavkl » 19 May 2017, 16:43

I am an Indian. :thumbup:

haripriyavkl

ForumCoin: 524

Postby Angie10 » 19 May 2017, 17:24

cmoneyspinner wrote:[
* * "Famed for its rule of democracy and stability, the best in all of Africa ..." That is exactly what I have heard about Botswana and I do wish that other African nations would follow the example. If one country can do it, then other countries can do it!! Africa is a wonderful continent, richly blessed by God. There is no reason why all people in any part of Africa should be hungry, uneducated, etc. There is way too much abundance in that part of the world. Gold, diamonds and prime real estate. Sadly that's what attracts the greedy heartless power-mongers to come there from other parts of the world and make their beds. It's a story that could have been written differently with a happy ending. Botswana is proof of the "other story" that could be written. It's why I like the name of your site. After all, Your Botswana is like an "ideal place" for everybody. Yours, mine, ours.
:)

Thanks so much for your kind words, cmoneyspinner <3 Botswana is pretty amazing, if I say so myself; even though we very rarely blow our own trumpet. But I think that's wrong; we SHOULD absolutely do it and show the world what a fantastic country Botswana is. That's where YourBotswana comes in :)

However, it's by no means perfect. Obviously, in most instances, Botswana's good governance is measured against the rest of Africa, which sadly is not hard to beat by a long mile. Ok, we do still measure up nicely against global standards. However, I feel like we could do much, much better and if certain things were done differently, I strongly feel Botswana would be a much more blinding example of good governance and democracy in Africa.

Botswana is a multi-party state, yet we've only ever had the same party rule us. I think that's very damaging because it can breed complacency and lead to corruption. There are other parties out there that we could try out, but Batswana are not good at embracing change. They are also big into the romantic history of how the country came about, and seem reluctant to try a different regime :cry: They seem to be of the view that 'if aint broke, why fix it?'

I could go on forever LOL But yes, besides that Botswana's brilliant :) I'm a proud Motswana and feel blessed to be from this little known peace-loving country that many people around the world know so little about.

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 864

Postby chikitta » 19 May 2017, 18:02

I am proudly Kenyan beautiful country.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 166

Postby Anuk » 19 May 2017, 21:09

Hey! I am from Spain and live in the city of which he is in love Bill Clinton: Granada

Anuk

ForumCoin: 17

Previous

Return to General Chat - Off Topic