ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Does an admin really need to be active?

Postby lludawg » 23 Aug 2014, 03:46

A lot of people say an admin should the most active person on the forum. However, I believe if you have a good staff, you really do not need to be all that active and can spend your time doing other jobs like promoting and advertising. What are your thoughts?

lludawg

ForumCoin: 3

Re: Does an admin really need to be active?

Postby CyberFreak » 23 Aug 2014, 22:32

I don't think the admins should be the most active but I think it is important that they do engage with the community. If the admin only gets seen and heard when they are warning a member then it can make them seem to be a bit power hungry or not really caring to much about the forum and members. If the admin posts often and engages in conversation with the members in a positive way, the users will find the admin to be more approachable and more caring towards the members and the community. uite often when the main admin stops posting, alot of the other users will stop posting.

Currently really really busy with real life things :o Responses will be alot slower than usual.

:$: ForumCoin Faucet - Claim your free FC!!! :$:

If you sign up to the ForumCoin.Win faucet, please contact me with your username via PM, email (cyberfreak@forumcoin.win) or submit a quick ticket so I can activate your account.
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 18
ForumCoin: 60,525

Postby gktime » 29 Aug 2014, 20:27

I think they should be one of the most active when the forum first starts. That shows users that the admin cares about the community. I know Cyber said when the admin stops posting the users may too, but I think it's ok if the admin stops posting after the website is really, really big. Because then users will understand the admin as other stuff to do on the site.

gktime

ForumCoin: 828

Postby JordanDD » 28 Sep 2014, 21:53

An admin have to be active ! Who can talk to the team to give them energy ? The admin ;)

JordanDD

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 20

Postby nejnej25 » 19 May 2015, 04:21

Yes it's a must! Admin should be active so they can regularly tolerate the movements in the forum.

nejnej25

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 132

Postby abidou » 19 May 2015, 11:21

he doesn't need to be active but he should check forum health daily

abidou

ForumCoin: 20

Postby DinheiroGelada » 19 May 2015, 11:24

Think at least one or two of the admins should be active. I mean, it sends a bad message if you arent.

Of course having good moderators to actively help you is also a necessity, otherwise you'll be flooded with work. :lol:

Hey There!

I've made around $197 in April/2015 using a few Websites + Apps:
:arrow: CashPirate's Guide $10/mo
:arrow: Clix's Tutorial $71 in less than a month

Paid to Write Make money and have fun!

PT or BR? Visit my Blog Freelance/Blogging/Money
DinheiroGelada

Referrals: 86
ForumCoin: 25

Postby OtherM » 19 May 2015, 12:15

Oh hell why not, I'm going to give my two cents about this, having experience being a MOD myself.

An admin should NOT be the most active member, HOWEVER he/she should have the veteran title.
With that I mean he/she should know a 'decent' part of the members (doesn't mean in person).
Being said that an admin must not be the most active member, he/she should however be ONLINE allot.
With being online I mean that the admin should be able to react within +-45min. He/she can do whatever he/she wants but needs to keep his inbox active :p

If those 2 requirements are met, we're already a long way on the good track :)
Than just if that admin has a honest and respecting personality we are golden :D

OtherM

ForumCoin: 747

Postby Pollex4 » 19 May 2015, 14:13

Knowing that you can message an admin any time for a concern is very important. It really helps our judgment for the forum.

Pollex4

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 124

Postby OtherM » 19 May 2015, 14:17

Pollex4 wrote:Knowing that you can message an admin any time for a concern is very important. It really helps our judgment for the forum.

Indeed my point.

As a gamer I play on server where only 10% of the time admins are ingame.
They however are always online and can be PMed and they will take action within moments.
This is how a good admin works :D

OtherM

ForumCoin: 747

Postby salah29 » 19 May 2015, 20:22

No exactly , it should be active yes ; not to do new post but to controle his forum or website ( spam comment , bad post , ..... ) to garanted that if a visitor is on it ; he will be really benefits

salah29

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 17

Postby WorkAtHomeGal » 19 May 2015, 20:29

Not 24/7. But yes for the growth and health of the forum I think it is important for the admin to be online from time to time and engage by posting and joining in on conversation as well.

WorkAtHomeGal

Referrals: 27
ForumCoin: 62

Postby halcyon220 » 20 May 2015, 23:26

It depends if the forum requires lots of moderation...

halcyon220

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 207

Postby paulojunior85 » 20 May 2015, 23:46

Hi,

I think that all depends what kind of forum is th your site, because we can find many kind of foruns about many subjects today.

Could be cool if the admin access not everyday, but sometimes to say hello to the users :)

paulojunior85

Referrals: 266
ForumCoin: 116

Postby shahzebayub » 22 May 2015, 13:29

Sometimes bad activities happens so admin need to watch the forum after some time so he can control

shahzebayub
Banned

Referrals: 22
ForumCoin: 75

Next

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News