*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: Free Website Builder!

Postby tchisom » 04 Apr 2018, 05:35

Wix is a free and easy website builder. Useful for everyone especially newbies of the website building world.

tchisom

ForumCoin: 38

Postby Kei » 04 Apr 2018, 06:39

The thing with them is that they have limited features but I believe that if you can deal, it is totally worth trying. Afterall it is free and easy to use.

Kei

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 229

Postby Rational Mind » 05 Apr 2018, 16:33

There are numerous free website builder like wix. I think weebly is more popular then Wix. The draw back of these website builders, you will have to work with a subdomain.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby Chameli » 08 Apr 2018, 22:12

tchisom wrote:Wix is a free and easy website builder. Useful for everyone especially newbies of the website building world.

Wix is a good website builder. Youcan get a free website. However, the free website has limited use for monetization. You also get a subdomain with the free version. The premium service begins from $4 a month, I guess.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby Rational Mind » 11 Apr 2018, 22:20

If you want to use a free website, I think wordpress is the best option. Wordpress gives you tremendous power to make your website stunning.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby Chameli » 13 Apr 2018, 17:34

Weebly is also a good website builder. You can try it for free as well as have a premium version.

Chameli
Banned

Postby ahmedo24 » 14 Apr 2018, 16:55

It just a template to expose someone to building website such that once you get the basics you will be motivated to buy the complete versions

ahmedo24

Referrals: 52
ForumCoin: 3

Postby Rational Mind » 15 Apr 2018, 23:20

I think it is better to use wordpress and use page builder plugin to design your wordpress site. Free website builders are not entirely free

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby Chameli » 18 Apr 2018, 15:33

If you are using free version of the website builders, you will have to use a subdomain. If you are using premium service, you will have to pay for subscription which is higher than regular hosting.

Chameli
Banned

Postby oldbuddy » 18 Apr 2018, 22:59

Chameli wrote:If you are using free version of the website builders, you will have to use a subdomain. If you are using premium service, you will have to pay for subscription which is higher than regular hosting.

Not completely true. You can use the subdomain they give you and register a fully qualified domain name to REDIRECT WITH MASKING to your subdomain and visitors will not know you did.

oldbuddy

Referrals: 38
ForumCoin: 2,407

Postby Rational Mind » 19 Apr 2018, 23:33

If you are a newbie to this whole website business, I think using a free website builder to build your blog or website is a great way to get started.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby oldbuddy » 20 Apr 2018, 14:37

dominique wrote:If you are a newbie to this whole website business, I think using a free website builder to build your blog or website is a great way to get started.

It's also a way to trap yourself into being exploited for years (until you figure it out), when you could use that time to learn and develop skills that can last you a lifetime.

oldbuddy

Postby cmoneyspinner » 20 Apr 2018, 19:30

WordPress, Weebly, Webs are also good website builders.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,867

Postby Chameli » 20 Apr 2018, 20:21

oldbuddy wrote:
Chameli wrote:If you are using free version of the website builders, you will have to use a subdomain. If you are using premium service, you will have to pay for subscription which is higher than regular hosting.

Not completely true. You can use the subdomain they give you and register a fully qualified domain name to REDIRECT WITH MASKING to your subdomain and visitors will not know you did.

I was not aware about this. I will check the video and learn more about this. By the way, I have a self hosted blog and I use page builder to create a better looking webpages.

Chameli
Banned

Postby oldbuddy » 21 Apr 2018, 16:43

If anyone wants to build a simple responsive website from a free template, here it the one I am working on myself https://www.prowebdesign.ro/simple-responsive-template/

oldbuddy

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News