*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

MS Word new doc opening

Postby raaman » 16 Jul 2019, 14:26

On my laptop, whenever I open a new MS word document to save something, the new document opens on the left as shown below in the screenshot. I want to bring it to the center. I request your help to set it right. Thanks.

Attachments
CaptureMS Word.JPG
MS Word document
CaptureMS Word.JPG (107.42 KiB) Viewed 145 times
raaman

ForumCoin: 2,973

Banner Ad

Re: MS Word new doc opening

Postby mrki444 » 17 Jul 2019, 11:56

Increase zoom to 100% and try one of buttons left to it.

mrki444

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 533

Postby katkat » 19 Jul 2019, 06:51

You can click on the view tab and make it 100% and click the one page in the option.

katkat

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 1,126

Postby chicnthin » 20 Jul 2019, 23:50

You can adjust in through zooming in.

chicnthin

ForumCoin: 220

Postby oldbuddy » 21 Jul 2019, 00:02

I'm too cheap to pay for Word, so I just use Libre Office Writer for free and save it in Word format.

NEW tool to bring eyeballs to your offer and earn referral commission.
(You Can Join Free and Learn As You Earn With My Help)
I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 37
ForumCoin: 2,391

Postby mrki444 » 21 Jul 2019, 07:36

oldbuddy wrote:I'm too cheap to pay for Word, so I just use Libre Office Writer for free and save it in Word format.

If you need it, you can open email on Outlook.com and you get Access to OneDrive. OneDrive have option to Access online Office apps including Word. It is not same as Desktop version, it has some less features, but it is free and very useful.

mrki444

ForumCoin: 533

Postby Ash » 28 Aug 2019, 18:54

oldbuddy wrote:I'm too cheap to pay for Word, so I just use Libre Office Writer for free and save it in Word format.

There's an online version for Word as well which is good and free to use. I have tried those free writers before and they just feel way too clunky for me. Luckily for me, I get Office 365 for free as a uni student

Ash

ForumCoin: 102

Postby Love_to_sleep » 13 Oct 2019, 06:55

Office Suites can't be completely free. That requires money.

Yes, there are plenty of free alternatives available but they cannot be compared with Microsoft. You will always find limitation in functionalities in one way or other.

--- 13 Oct 2019, 12:34 ---

raaman wrote:On my laptop, whenever I open a new MS word document to save something, the new document opens on the left as shown below in the screenshot. I want to bring it to the center. I request your help to set it right. Thanks.

The screenshot you gave pertain to Office 2007 if I rightly guess.

At the bottom right, there are 4 or 5 buttons in your file. After that percentage is shown which is 90% in your case.

Do, one thing - change percentage to 100%
Also, in the 4 - 5 buttons accompanying the percentage, the 1st one has been selected which seems to be default value. Try selecting 2nd or 3rd from that.

You can see the below image to get more details

Please confirm if that solves the issue.

Capture.JPG
Please Zoom this image to see which settings to be tweaked. Increase percentage size to 100% and select 2nd or 3rd buttons nearby
Capture.JPG (8.55 KiB) Viewed 73 times

Love_to_sleep

ForumCoin: 213

Postby oldbuddy » 13 Oct 2019, 12:41

Love_to_sleep wrote:Office Suites can't be completely free. That requires money.

Yes, there are plenty of free alternatives available but they cannot be compared with Microsoft. You will always find limitation in functionalities in one way or other.

I have been using the free alternatives for 20 years and have not found anything I can't do with mine and I compare that to the 20 years before that when I owned Office and even before that when I used WordStar. Maybe you should watch a few videos on YouTube before you jump to conclusions.

I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Postby Angie10 » 13 Oct 2019, 13:14

I use Pages in IOS but the problem with that is not everybody uses it. Sometimes I land a gig and have to work in my outdated Word, which has naturally become very glitchy :( How's the new version working out BTW, do you guys like it?

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 4,440

Postby oldbuddy » 13 Oct 2019, 13:24

Angie10 wrote:I use Pages in IOS but the problem with that is not everybody uses it. Sometimes I land a gig and have to work in my outdated Word, which has naturally become very glitchy :( How's the new version working out BTW, do you guys like it?

One of the biggest benefits of using Libre Office (free) is it will read and write in Word format.

oldbuddy

Postby Ourella » 27 Oct 2019, 15:53

I started to use Ubuntu and create documents in Libre Office now. Pretty good program, huh.

Ourella

ForumCoin: 95

Postby oldbuddy » 28 Oct 2019, 16:51

Ourella wrote:I started to use Ubuntu and create documents in Libre Office now. Pretty good program, huh.

I have been happy with it and it's predecessor (Open Office) for many years and not even looking for a replacement.

oldbuddy

Your Ad Here.

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News