ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: owning a website is becoming a thing of the past

Postby a_jerobon » 31 Aug 2019, 05:41

jasmin wrote:I don't think owning a website is becoming a thing of the past, if that was true why would we see the rise of various domain names, rise of web hosting companies etc.

Yes, this is true. People still want to own websites as much as it was in the past. It is a popular thing.

a_jerobon

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 199

Postby Joseph83 » 31 Aug 2019, 18:19

Well. Some good company still retained their website and also use social media site as well.

Joseph83

ForumCoin: 486

Postby fergus1234 » 31 Aug 2019, 18:19

Then Why big corporations are closing their sites in favor of social media pages?

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 962

Postby patrick2go » 01 Sep 2019, 14:56

I do notice a lot of small businesses around my area (and probably others) are just creating a Facebook page instead of an actual website. It makes sense for two reasons. One being the cost of web hosting. The next would be the ease of setting up a Facebook page. Also, Facebook is so popular that your customers are probably already on there. Instead of designing a page, you just post and update. How many local sub shops do you see posting images of their food?

patrick2go

ForumCoin: 25

Postby Joseph83 » 01 Sep 2019, 15:01

fergus1234 wrote:Then Why big corporations are closing their sites in favor of social media pages?

They do that because they can easily get larger audience from it . but that does not mean that all of them close their websites . there are some that you need to use their website for any transaction.

Joseph83

Postby Ash » 02 Sep 2019, 18:34

fergus1234 wrote:Then Why big corporations are closing their sites in favor of social media pages?

Could you give some examples of such companies that are closing their sites in favour of social media pages. I'm really not sure many companies would go down this route, to be honest.

Want to make money for posting? Join a brand new Paid-to-Post forum. Come & Say Hello :D
View My Portfolio To See Projects That I Have Worked On
Ash

ForumCoin: 9

Postby oldbuddy » 03 Sep 2019, 00:31

Ash wrote:

Could you give some examples of such companies that are closing their sites in favour of social media pages. I'm really not sure many companies would go down this route, to be honest.

Even more targeted, how many make money from home participants are going that way? (NOT ME), if you want to get prospects for your offers without losing them to others on your Facebook feed, personally I would rather direct them to my own pages.

I know you probably already use Forum Coin
But did you know you can earn 25 Forum Coin
for every active member you find by using this banner?
CLICK THE BANNER TO SEE MY SIMPLIFIED PAGE
oldbuddy

Referrals: 31
ForumCoin: 972

Postby Joseph83 » 03 Sep 2019, 18:23

The fact is that social media should not in any way be preferred to website for a company .

Joseph83

Postby fergus1234 » 06 Sep 2019, 16:00

Ash wrote:

CBS- A tv network it use to have its own forums. Their website is now just a link to their social media pages. No more forums and pages for their shows. Only links to social network place. Their website use to have official pages for shows and they even had flashgames for their shows.
Neogeo- The forum is gone. Its now a facebook page
RapidAPI- The biggest API marketplace
Capcom- One of the biggest videogame companies... Their website barely have new activity. All new activities are on their social network. Their forum is a ghost town.

Most companies had ditched their website for an app and social network page. Millenials don't like websites because they consume a lot of data for their smart phones.

Last edited by fergus1234 on 06 Sep 2019, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.
fergus1234

Postby oldbuddy » 06 Sep 2019, 16:05

fergus1234 wrote: Millenials don't like websites because they consume a lot of date for their smart phones.

And Social Networks don't consume Data?

I know you probably already use Forum Coin
But did you know you can earn 25 Forum Coin
for every active member you find by using this banner?
CLICK THE BANNER TO SEE MY SIMPLIFIED PAGE
oldbuddy

Referrals: 31
ForumCoin: 972

Postby fergus1234 » 06 Sep 2019, 16:12

oldbuddy wrote:
fergus1234 wrote: Millenials don't like websites because they consume a lot of date for their smart phones.

And Social Networks don't consume Data?

Mobile networks have free facebook,free twitter ,free Youtube and free instagram promos. The official website of the news site CNN can consume my daily data in just 1 hour. This ad is an example of services that gives unlimited social media data.

fergus1234

Postby juststeven » 07 Sep 2019, 00:51

I think it'll go the other way again somewhat. People are growing wise to social media tactics and manipulations.

Plus, they're evergreen niches.

Such as internet marketing, money-making, business, etc. The only other way of distributing that kind of content effectively is through YouTube and a lot of people prefer to actually read that kind of content - they don't want to sit through a video.

Websites are changing, not ending.

juststeven

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 172

Postby Love_to_sleep » 07 Sep 2019, 18:07

Well, there is a change in trend. In general, if you can get same popularity without casting money, why you need to purchase a domain?

We are today seeing the rise of social media. Anyone can have social media account for little or no fee. If you want to get more reach in less time, then you need to get advertising account where you have to give some amount, though this money is less than domain + hosting fees.

Other way which is rising is: Domain + Free host.

Particularly, used by bloggers. You own a domain. You join free blogs (like wordpress, blogspot, weebly) and use URL redirection. The benefit is to make money via ads. Most ads demand top level domain.

But, with the rise of YouTube, even this is limited in scope. You can earn via YouTube ads too.

Love_to_sleep

ForumCoin: 133

Postby Ash » 07 Sep 2019, 20:14

To be fair, I don't think the lack of data is what is pushing people away from the websites. There are probably other factors like ads or just being too lazy to visit the websites when the social media pages are there

Want to make money for posting? Join a brand new Paid-to-Post forum. Come & Say Hello :D
View My Portfolio To See Projects That I Have Worked On
Ash

ForumCoin: 9

Postby Guardian » 07 Sep 2019, 20:28

I've noticed where a lot of small local businesses ONLY have social media presence and no website of their own. I haven't yet seen where large corporations are going that route. Most are smart and want to own their own data and web-presence and not be at the mercy of another company, while profiting that other company (even if not a competitor).

I get small businesses doing it, but I don't think it makes sense for larger regional or national brands.

Guardian

ForumCoin: 23

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News