New: Contest June 1 to June 30 - Prize 100 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

What are your tip and tricks to make a blog post intersting

Postby sofs » 04 Apr 2019, 02:29

The usual things to do are great content, pictures and videos. Do you you have any tricks under your sleeve to make you blog post stunning visually and creatively? Please share any trips and tricks that has worked for you.

sofs

ForumCoin: 2,619

Re: What are your tip and tricks to make a blog post intersting

Postby cinderella » 04 Apr 2019, 11:41

For me, I make sure that the topic is an answer to a common question. I create most of my topics based on what other people are asking. I write topics that offer value.

Visit IDEAL CAREER IDEAS for new online earning ideas!
DATA ENTRY SITES THAT YOU CAN JOIN IN 2019
cinderella

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 378

Postby sofs » 04 Apr 2019, 16:02

cinderella wrote:For me, I make sure that the topic is an answer to a common question. I create most of my topics based on what other people are asking. I write topics that offer value.

Answering question that are frequently asked does get more attention than writing on a random topic. I have now read a number of your articles and I guess they answer questions in your niche. I personally address problems that people come to me with. I believe answering those problem could help those who seek help online.

sofs

Postby cinderella » 04 Apr 2019, 20:11

Yes, that is why I appreciate it when friends and other people would send me a message asking about something. Usually, they asked about earning online. Not all the time I know the answer. What I do, I will make a research and will help them answer their questions. I also use the idea to create new topics.

Additionally, the following might also help.
-Writing about trending topics.
-Creating interesting Headline

Visit IDEAL CAREER IDEAS for new online earning ideas!
DATA ENTRY SITES THAT YOU CAN JOIN IN 2019
cinderella

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 378

Postby cmoneyspinner » 04 Apr 2019, 22:26

I use nice images. It's important because if people want to share your link via social media, it's always good if an image comes through the sharing interface. The images are attention-grabbers.

I also used related embedded content. Mainly I'll share tweets from Twitter. But if I want to share a related link from another blog or website, I will try to use embedded content. Embedly is a great tool for that.

I try to use TAGS that I think people might search for when they are doing organic or generic searches.

I try to create a TITLE that peaks a person't interest and might make them want to know more.

If it's an informal post, I try to write like I'm having a conversation.

If it's a formal post, I try to sound a little bit more "intelligent" :lol: and I include references to content or material written by authorities or experts just so my reader doesn't think I'm blowing out hot air!

Those are some of the things I do.

P.S. Also, for my stand alone blogs, I may repurpose the content in a social blogging community (like create a quiz or a poll at Virily) and then share the link to my blog in that community post.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 7
ForumCoin: 299

Postby raaman » 05 Apr 2019, 14:33

sofs wrote:The usual things to do are great content

How do you define 'great' content?

raaman

ForumCoin: 735

Postby sofs » 05 Apr 2019, 16:01

cmoneyspinner wrote:I use nice images. It's important because if people want to share your link via social media, it's always good if an image comes through the sharing interface. The images are attention-grabbers.

I also used related embedded content. Mainly I'll share tweets from Twitter. But if I want to share a related link from another blog or website, I will try to use embedded content. Embedly is a great tool for that.

I try to use TAGS that I think people might search for when they are doing organic or generic searches.

I try to create a TITLE that peaks a person't interest and might make them want to know more.

If it's an informal post, I try to write like I'm having a conversation.

If it's a formal post, I try to sound a little bit more "intelligent" :lol: and I include references to content or material written by authorities or experts just so my reader doesn't think I'm blowing out hot air!

Those are some of the things I do.

P.S. Also, for my stand alone blogs, I may repurpose the content in a social blogging community (like create a quiz or a poll at Virily) and then share the link to my blog in that community post.

Wow awesome, if you have the time and the inclination would you write more about embedded content . I have no clue what you mean exactly here so that would certainly be a learning experience for me. Thanks a ton, I appreciate the effort.

raaman wrote:
sofs wrote:The usual things to do are great content

How do you define 'great' content?

Define? Well content that is exhaustive, well written, well presented and Search engine optimized would be great content in my opinion. That said, let me tell you I am no Blogging Guru, just a student who wants to learn more.

sofs

Postby raaman » 06 Apr 2019, 16:39

In my opinion 'KISS. 'Keep It Short and Simple'.

raaman

Postby cmoneyspinner » 07 Apr 2019, 02:25

sofs wrote:Wow awesome, if you have the time and the inclination would you write more about embedded content . I have no clue what you mean exactly here so that would certainly be a learning experience for me. Thanks a ton, I appreciate the effort.

Might as well hear it from the experts.
The Ultimate Guide to Embedding Content on Your Website

cmoneyspinner

Postby raaman » 07 Apr 2019, 10:51

sofs wrote:I am no Blogging Guru, just a student who wants to learn more.

... and learning is a continuous process.

raaman

Postby Joseph83 » 08 Apr 2019, 16:34

Making your post not too long but yet have sufficient information.

Joseph83

ForumCoin: 503

Postby sofs » 09 Apr 2019, 02:55

raaman wrote:In my opinion 'KISS. 'Keep It Short and Simple'.

I tend to agree with that , but google doesn't care for short posts. I like to write medium sized posts 500-750 words normally , I think any thing more than that would not even be read by the instant gratification generation now.

sofs

Postby cmoneyspinner » 09 Apr 2019, 16:37

Joseph83 wrote:Making your post not too long but yet have sufficient information.

There are those who want detailed long white papers. But they aren't usually the blog reading audience. Know your reading audience and customize your content to suit them.

--- 09 Apr 2019, 12:47 ---

sofs wrote:Wow awesome, if you have the time and the inclination would you write more about embedded content . I have no clue what you mean exactly here so that would certainly be a learning experience for me. Thanks a ton, I appreciate the effort.

Here is an example of how I use embedded content at one of my blogs.

The YouTube videos are embedded. You get the code from clicking the Share button at the YT video and put it in your post.

The Twitter tweets are embedded. You click on a dropdown box at the tweet for the code and out it in your post.

The last but of embedded content is a post I published at Virily. I used the Embed.ly tool to generate the code and put it in the post.

Hope this helps.

https://joiedevivre-magazine.blogspot.c ... ricas.html

(Hope the page doesn't take long to load.)

cmoneyspinner

Postby raaman » 10 Apr 2019, 17:18

cmoneyspinner wrote:Know your reading audience and customize your content to suit them.

How many revenue sharing article writing sites follow this?

raaman

Postby cmoneyspinner » 10 Apr 2019, 18:22

raaman wrote:
cmoneyspinner wrote:Know your reading audience and customize your content to suit them.

How many revenue sharing article writing sites follow this?

I think HUBPages does. They must because I still earn income from my articles and get comments. I also think Medium does also. It's just my opinion. I don't have any stats or facts. I don't keep track of the article writing sites since I don't own them.

cmoneyspinner

Next

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News