New: Contest June 1 to June 30 - Prize 100 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: If you are banned from a particular forum - will you rejoin by changing your username?

Postby raaman » 09 Apr 2019, 14:14

I have not done so and I will never do it.

raaman

ForumCoin: 836

Re: If you are banned from a particular forum - will you rejoin by changing your username?

Postby Joseph83 » 09 Apr 2019, 18:49

By changing my username? No I won't. I do wait till am unbanned.

Joseph83

ForumCoin: 436

Postby fergus1234 » 10 Apr 2019, 05:28

if they don't want me to be a member of your side i will never bother coming back

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 1,523

Postby Joseph83 » 11 Apr 2019, 17:57

In a situation whereby i was removed/ banned for demanding for justice, I won't join again

Joseph83

ForumCoin: 436

Postby sabtra » 12 Apr 2019, 01:42

It's hard to tell, I never had such experience.
I expect most forums to warn me of misconduct. If I persevere, they'll ban me.
If I kept on breaking the rules, it probably meant I couldn't care less of the site and wouldn't join again.
Otherwise, if I truly cared and missed the community, I would either beg the admin to unban me or create a new account where they'd probably find out it's me, I'd say sorry and they'd forgive me. :? :angel:

sabtra

ForumCoin: 391

Postby sofs » 12 Apr 2019, 05:44

sabtra wrote:It's hard to tell, I never had such experience.
I expect most forums to warn me of misconduct. If I persevere, they'll ban me.
If I kept on breaking the rules, it probably meant I couldn't care less of the site and wouldn't join again.
Otherwise, if I truly cared and missed the community, I would either beg the admin to unban me or create a new account where they'd probably find out it's me, I'd say sorry and they'd forgive me. :? :angel:

Most sites warn you before they ban you. It is not possible for normal people to repeatedly do the same things they are warned about. Repeated offenders deserve to be banned most of the time because they have a different agenda in mind.
I don't think we fit in the category at all.

sofs

ForumCoin: 2,634

Postby katkat » 12 Apr 2019, 07:49

I will never go back to the site where I was banned. But I hope that whenever a site will ban it's members they have to give notification and give reasons so members will know their violations. It is just right that member will know and explain their side

katkat

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 794

Postby Ash » 12 Apr 2019, 12:25

Joseph83 wrote:By changing my username? No I won't. I do wait till am unbanned.

Exactly. I'm seen several times where people have only got temporary bans but still create a new account and then end up getting a permanent ban. If you get a temp ban, be patient.

Ash

ForumCoin: 381

Postby sofs » 14 Apr 2019, 06:11

I am guessing that there are people who get banned so often that they don't care anymore. One person I have been watching over the years has been doing this on every site possible. Somehow as we both are interested in the same kind of work I get to see what this person does and how smart he is before he finally gets caught. I have begun to think its kind of a short snatch and earn game for him.

sofs

ForumCoin: 2,634

Postby KyushuKris » 15 Apr 2019, 00:39

i only rarely get banned for saying silly things. Sometimes had fights with mods because they disallowed some perfect legitimate form of advertising (that complied with their forum rules) and get booted. But to hell with them.

KyushuKris

ForumCoin: 454

Postby ceci » 16 Apr 2019, 04:08

Some forums ban those users from particular region, like a forum ban me due to I am Malaysian, sh*t!
Anyway, just ignore it and move on.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 1,159

Postby Ash » 16 Apr 2019, 11:01

ceci wrote:Some forums ban those users from particular region, like a forum ban me due to I am Malaysian, sh*t!
Anyway, just ignore it and move on.

Was it a paid to post forum or just a general forum? It's not nice to hear that you were banned simply for being from a certain area.

Ash

ForumCoin: 381

Postby raaman » 07 May 2019, 15:17

Ash wrote:It's not nice to hear that you were banned simply for being from a certain area.

Its true, but it does happen.

raaman

ForumCoin: 836

Postby mroz » 07 May 2019, 21:37

I don't want to join again with another Identity if I am banned that's why I am following rules and guidelines to prevent being ban.

mroz

ForumCoin: 21

Postby chaz » 08 May 2019, 08:02

Local forums for some websites sometimes forget to put no-international users allowed, so it can be for that. I am not such a frequent user of forums to even get a ban. :lol:

chaz

ForumCoin: 337

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News