New: Contest June 1 to June 30 - Prize 100 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: If you are banned from a particular forum - will you rejoin by changing your username?

Postby Kei » 16 Mar 2019, 05:53

I can see where the poster is coming from. Sometimes, people get banned for unjust reason and even after trying to verify things with the site, it doesn't work out. It isn't worth the stress of going the other to rejoin the site. Let it go, you'll find other opportunities.

Kei

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 277

Re: If you are banned from a particular forum - will you rejoin by changing your username?

Postby fergus1234 » 18 Mar 2019, 09:24

The only way a banned person can join a site that bans them again is to use a new Ip address. I dont ever dare to comeback to a site that banned me.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 1,325

Postby Angie10 » 18 Mar 2019, 09:53

I simply refuse to keep begging to be allowed in when I've been banned for something I didn't do. I think it's only courteous for the site to say what it is you're supposed to have done wrong, especially if you 're not known for shady behaviour.

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 1,266

Postby anilmr » 20 Mar 2019, 10:03

Angie10 wrote:I simply refuse to keep begging to be allowed in when I've been banned for something I didn't do. I think it's only courteous for the site to say what it is you're supposed to have done wrong, especially if you 're not known for shady behaviour.

Yes, I agree with you. Even if a member has committed a folly, he/she should be warned and given a chance to correct his mistake. If it is still repeated, the member can be banned, and in that case he/she will be aware of the reasons for the ban. An abrupt ban without any justifications is certainly undesirable.

anilmr

ForumCoin: 1,014

Postby Ash » 20 Mar 2019, 12:13

fergus1234 wrote:The only way a banned person can join a site that bans them again is to use a new Ip address. I dont ever dare to comeback to a site that banned me.

Yeah. I wouldn't come back either. And we can see what happens when you try to cheat the system with IP Addresses right here on ForumCoin when a few members were banned for having multiple accounts.

Ash

ForumCoin: 376

Postby fergus1234 » 24 Mar 2019, 21:30

This thread is suddenly creepy because of the banned accounts that actually admitting they are banned before but they never learned their lesson.

fergus1234

Postby anilmr » 24 Mar 2019, 23:42

fergus1234 wrote:This thread is suddenly creepy because of the banned accounts that actually admitting they are banned before but they never learned their lesson.

Yes, I agree that it is creepy to know that at least 3 members who responded to this thread, got abruptly banned from FC :shock:

anilmr

Postby Fergal » 30 Mar 2019, 14:12

anilmr wrote:at least 3 members who responded to this thread, got abruptly banned from FC

Maybe it was three members, or maybe it was one member with multiple accounts :)

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 11,992

Postby fergus1234 » 30 Mar 2019, 17:28

The account cheater is basically talking to his/herself. To either make an illusion many people agree with them or to cheat the earning system.

fergus1234

Postby Joseph83 » 30 Mar 2019, 18:38

I may rejoin but that will be if I really like the forum and am ready to accept my mistakes

Joseph83

ForumCoin: 503

Postby fergus1234 » 31 Mar 2019, 15:16

anilmr wrote:
fergus1234 wrote:This thread is suddenly creepy because of the banned accounts that actually admitting they are banned before but they never learned their lesson.

Yes, I agree that it is creepy to know that at least 3 members who responded to this thread, got abruptly banned from FC :shock:

and it took a long time before the person got banned. That person also had the habit of bumping ancient threads.

fergus1234

Postby sofs » 02 Apr 2019, 13:27

anilmr wrote:Yes, I agree that it is creepy to know that at least 3 members who responded to this thread, got abruptly banned from FC

Another thread here about ads on websites sounds super creepy , its just the three voices going on and on about the subject. I wonder how it feels to ask the questions and answer it yourself and keep carrying on with that conversation with yourself. LOL

sofs

ForumCoin: 2,619

Postby a_jerobon » 03 Apr 2019, 05:57

anilmr wrote:If you are banned from a particular forum, it is not difficult to rejoin - by changing your username, email and your log-in details. Of course you will have to also join and log in from a different IP address. And, how can the moderator detect such impostors? Anyone here, who has been banned from a forum, joined with a different username?

It would depend on the site. If I like it a lot and it is worth it then I will do that.

a_jerobon

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 567

Postby sofs » 04 Apr 2019, 16:16

a_jerobon wrote:It would depend on the site. If I like it a lot and it is worth it then I will do that.

It wouldn't really depend on the site, it would depend on your ability to cover your tracks and act like someone totally new to the scene. If you don't do the covering up act well, vigilant admins will get your scent.

sofs

ForumCoin: 2,619

Postby anilmr » 05 Apr 2019, 20:12

sofs wrote:
a_jerobon wrote:It would depend on the site. If I like it a lot and it is worth it then I will do that.

It wouldn't really depend on the site, it would depend on your ability to cover your tracks and act like someone totally new to the scene. If you don't do the covering up act well, vigilant admins will get your scent.

Yes, you are right - you should be well versed with the act of cover-up, and that will require some skill and talent on your part, to prevent the hounds in form of moderators from catching your scents :lol:

anilmr

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News