New: Contest June 1 to June 30 - Prize 100 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: Forums are dying

Postby Ash » 20 Mar 2019, 12:14

jobless dude wrote:Yes, I do agree forums are dying.

A few are dying yes. But, you can still manage to create a small, more niche forum, have a small community and survive. That's what I am attempting with the forum on my blog which has been going well so far.

Ash

ForumCoin: 374

Postby jobless dude » 20 Mar 2019, 16:48

kingcool52 wrote:

A few are dying yes. But, you can still manage to create a small, more niche forum, have a small community and survive. That's what I am attempting with the forum on my blog which has been going well so far.

We need to work on some interesting reward instead of Low pay. I am planning for something like free hosting for the members who are interacting and able to reach at least 300 points per month.

jobless dude

ForumCoin: 81

Postby fergus1234 » 20 Mar 2019, 16:54

That's why some forums intentionally keeps trolls because the anger they cause makes people post more.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 1,320

Postby Vehlijanta » 20 Mar 2019, 17:27

I was on money mining forum but it stopped weeks ago.

Vehlijanta

ForumCoin: 180

Postby Ash » 20 Mar 2019, 20:42

jobless dude wrote:
kingcool52 wrote:

We need to work on some interesting reward instead of Low pay. I am planning for something like free hosting for the members who are interacting and able to reach at least 300 points per month.

You don't always have to go with rewards. I think there are other members around the internet that like to join forums without the need for rewards. But if you are advertising here and BMF, then yeah I guess rewards can help convince them to join

Ash

Postby augusta » 21 Mar 2019, 05:43

If forums are revived with good reward system on ground then I don't think it will be this bad. Even the posters will sit up to post knowledgeable things too, instead of speeding through.

augusta

ForumCoin: 241

Postby peachpurple » 21 Mar 2019, 06:39

gee, i did not know there are other forums that pay members. That is why I stick to FC for many years

peachpurple

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 245

Postby suny » 21 Mar 2019, 07:18

There are various forum sites on the internet with different rules and reward system. However, reward system is not the only interest for most but most do it for the sake of knowledge and information seeking. Reward is of course a bonus.

suny

Referrals: 63
ForumCoin: 291

Postby Ash » 22 Mar 2019, 19:15

augusta wrote:If forums are revived with good reward system on ground then I don't think it will be this bad. Even the posters will sit up to post knowledgeable things too, instead of speeding through.

Unfortunately, this isn't always the case. We've had a few paid to post forums that have closed or decided to stop paying because of the poor quality of content they receive.

Ash

Postby a_jerobon » 02 Apr 2019, 06:12

Sam wrote:A lot of larger forums are seeing less activity than they once were. Examples include: Warrior forum, HackForums, Digital point, TheAdminZone etc.

How can ForumCoin and other communities evolve to continue to attract people?

I have never heard of those forums you have mentioned above. I don't know how forum coin can evolve but I hope it stays for long.

a_jerobon

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 567

Postby raaman » 03 Apr 2019, 07:30

Sam wrote:How can ForumCoin and other communities evolve to continue to attract people?

Simple. Dedication in what you do.

raaman

ForumCoin: 722

Postby fergus1234 » 03 Apr 2019, 10:38

raaman wrote:
Sam wrote:How can ForumCoin and other communities evolve to continue to attract people?

Simple. Dedication in what you do.

Forum coin is a paying site so its easier to continue compare to a regular forum.

fergus1234

Postby MABEL » 03 Apr 2019, 12:14

I guess yes. FC is standing for now. Or maybe I'm just too late in joining other forums.

MABEL

ForumCoin: 367

Postby Angie10 » 03 Apr 2019, 13:23

fergus1234 wrote:That's why some forums intentionally keeps trolls because the anger they cause makes people post more.

Is this really true?! I can sort of understand the rationale but what happens when some hardcore trolls bully innocent people and it's clear it's unprovoked, cruel and unfair? Do the moderators just stand back and rub their hands with glee because at least it keeps the forum going. Wow, if that's true, it's not nice LOL

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 1,253

Postby fergus1234 » 03 Apr 2019, 13:58

Paid trolls are not bullies though. They just trigger people to debate.

fergus1234

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News