ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Forums are dying

Postby Sam » 12 Mar 2019, 20:28

A lot of larger forums are seeing less activity than they once were. Examples include: Warrior forum, HackForums, Digital point, TheAdminZone etc.

How can ForumCoin and other communities evolve to continue to attract people?

Sam

Referrals: 13
ForumCoin: 1,405

Re: Forums are dying

Postby fergus1234 » 12 Mar 2019, 21:04

Forumcoin survived because of monetization.

The biggest forum killer is reddit because 1 account can join thousands of communities

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 888

Postby anilmr » 12 Mar 2019, 21:56

fergus1234 wrote:Forumcoin survived because of monetization.

The biggest forum killer is reddit because 1 account can join thousands of communities

Yes, it is a sad truth that many popular forums are dying. But I wasn't aware that Reditt has proved to be one of the nemesis for forums. Yes, you are right - monetizing has certainly helped FC, and I hope and pray that FC survives and continues to grow.

anilmr

ForumCoin: 1,012

Postby mrki444 » 12 Mar 2019, 22:22

Social media and mobile apps for free chat like Viber, Whatsapp also take forum users.

mrki444
MMO Site Owner
MMO Site Owner

ForumCoin: 843

Postby Sam » 12 Mar 2019, 23:34

fergus1234 wrote:Forumcoin survived because of monetization.

mrki444 wrote:Social media and mobile apps for free chat like Viber, Whatsapp also take forum users.

But what do you feel are 'solutions' to this? Can we revive the forum idea?

Sam

Referrals: 13
ForumCoin: 1,405

Postby MysticMoons » 12 Mar 2019, 23:39

I think places like forum coin will always have lots of users.
Because people are paid to post. And a lot of money talk takes place here.
Which sites pay or do not.

Another way to get people to be on your forum is produce original content like videos,
pics, stories that are only on your forum. This will get more traffic.
Also sharing forum coin threads, and articles on social media will drive traffic here etc.

Just some thoughts. I am helping a friend get his forum going by producing good original content for him.

Get paid to be online! make money while being on facebook, youtube or any site! pays worldwide. No min payout. Money has been sent to me every 3 days
https://ghettomedia.wixsite.com/mysite/post/how-to-get-paid-to-listen-to-music-and-watch-youtube-from-home
MysticMoons

ForumCoin: 2,116

Postby johnywalker » 13 Mar 2019, 02:46

I am not in a position to give any advice as I do not own a forum and I do not have a lot of experience wit forum posting. However, in my opinion a forum can survive only if it gives rewards for posting. The rewards can be free marketing feature, cash rewards or contest.

johnywalker
Banned

ForumCoin: 178

Postby Chameli » 13 Mar 2019, 10:59

Yes, the forums are dying. Once, I used to make around $30 on the forum wheel and $100 on postloop, however, these dyas there are no forums available for me.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby sofs » 13 Mar 2019, 11:17

True, forums aren't doing well these days. The only one standing even among paid forum posting is FC I guess.
I believe it has mainly to do with the quality of posts. Its important to ensure your post add value to the discussion thread.
Repeatedly posting the same one-liners doesn't help at all. Some amount of research and editing needs to go into a post.
More incentives to start new threads in certain niches would help.
Forums need to find different way to monetize.
Admins should ensure quality and knock out posts that don't comply. Even though these are the rules in most forums it is not actively enforced.
And I think there lies the problem. I may be wrong, but that is what I see every day when I post in different forums.

sofs

ForumCoin: 2,186

Postby Rational Mind » 13 Mar 2019, 18:20

Forums are dying and the main reason for the death of forums is the the users. users are not posting valuable contents. When contents are not good, these forums do not receive traffic.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby johnywalker » 15 Mar 2019, 00:53

Digital Global Forum, which was going very popular, stopped reward program. One of the primary reasons for stopping the reward program was because the posters did not create valuable contents. I believe one of the main reasons for the death of forums is because the users are not creating quality posts.

johnywalker
Banned

ForumCoin: 178

Postby mrki444 » 15 Mar 2019, 17:33

Sam wrote:But what do you feel are 'solutions' to this? Can we revive the forum idea?

I think forum can survive only as support for some site or if it's has some reward program.

mrki444
MMO Site Owner
MMO Site Owner

ForumCoin: 843

Postby Ash » 15 Mar 2019, 21:04

I think smaller communities can still survive. Forums as a way to make money isn't viable anymore unless they are already established and retaining users.

Ash

ForumCoin: 345

Postby Chameli » 16 Mar 2019, 01:26

A lot of people blame on social sites like Reddit for the demise of forums. However, in my opinion, the users are to blame for the death of forums. The users on most of the forums are not focusing on building useful and informative contents.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby augusta » 16 Mar 2019, 04:46

Forums are going extinct and sometimes I just want to believe it just a natural process where change is constant. In life nothing last forever no matter how good that thing is.some forum owners might get tired of running maybe out of boredom and opt for another exciting venture.it might not just be about users posting thrash which I always doubted that but everything is just evolving with time.

augusta

ForumCoin: 197

Next

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News