ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: What's too many ads?

Postby kat82 » 12 Oct 2018, 09:50

Too many ads to me is when a site has ads clattered all over. Too many ads are known for interrupting users while navigating the site. Sites with too many ads tend to have a high bounce rate when compared with those with average ads. In the past, Google adsense for example used to limit the number of ads to 3 per page. But now, that no longer applies. Unless a page has longer content, I wouldn't recommend it to have more than 3 ads. But of course, choice depends on kind of content and what the site owner wants. 6 ads plus to me is a higher number and considered as too many ads.

kat82

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 239

Postby dominique » 12 Oct 2018, 23:29

Having too many ads does not mean you will earn a lot of money. Having a couple of ads in the best spots will increase your chances of generating more revenue. Try using ads from 2-3 ad networks for better results.

dominique

ForumCoin: 277

Postby Chameli » 14 Oct 2018, 00:37

I use 5 ad units on my home page and three ad units in the internal pages. I think I am using ads in moderation. Too many ads will make your website look cluttered.

Chameli

ForumCoin: 196

Postby dominique » 01 Dec 2018, 21:44

Chameli wrote:I use 5 ad units on my home page and three ad units in the internal pages. I think I am using ads in moderation. Too many ads will make your website look cluttered.

Yes, you are using ads in moderation. I am using 7 ad units on the home page.

dominique

Postby kat82 » 03 Dec 2018, 06:38

I am using 2 Adsense ad units on my home page and 1 WordAds ad unit. In the past, I used to have more than that but the returns wasn't good. When I limited the number of ads, things changed and even earnings from Word Ads doubled. Three ad units on a homepage to me is best while using 3 or 4 or even 5 in content (number determined by the content length) seems to work fine.

kat82

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 239

Postby Chameli » 07 Dec 2018, 09:25

kat82 wrote:I am using 2 Adsense ad units on my home page and 1 WordAds ad unit. In the past, I used to have more than that but the returns wasn't good. When I limited the number of ads, things changed and even earnings from Word Ads doubled. Three ad units on a homepage to me is best while using 3 or 4 or even 5 in content (number determined by the content length) seems to work fine.

I am also thinking to use WordAds. How does wordads compare with adsense in terms of earning (based on your experience)?

Chameli

ForumCoin: 196

Postby augusta » Yesterday, 05:15

I don't sites with too much ads, it really put me off. Alot of pops up and pop under with banner ads and all what not. I don't really get all of that. Ads at least 3-4 per page is good.

augusta

ForumCoin: 373

Postby kingcool52 » Yesterday, 21:08

I don't mind a large number of banner or sidebar advertisements. However, I will instantly click of any website that has too many pop-up advertisements that start opening up when I click around the site.

kingcool52

ForumCoin: 124

Postby dominique » Yesterday, 22:12

One of my sites has 7 ad units on the home page. It does not matter how many ads you have, the thing is your ads neet to blend well with the contents.

dominique

Previous

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News