ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: What's too many ads?

Postby WorkAtHomeGal » 23 May 2015, 04:30

OtherM wrote:More ads doesn't really mean more money :)
The quality of your ads also counts :)

As an simple example:
With my blog getting 2600 visits on one day I earn $0,86
And than the other day only getting 1080 but earning $1,17

All depends on the quality of your traffic :D
I hate it when my blog gets shared on a chines site, Tier 3 countries are worth nothing in CPM :(

This is a very good point. Well my blog has it set that after the most recent post there is an Adsense ad and on the sidebar is one long ad. The other ads on my sites are banners to other websites. I have not got around to fixing it yet but there is some changes I want to make since there is a couple banners to sites I do not even use now.

WorkAtHomeGal

Referrals: 25
ForumCoin: 62

Postby nejnej25 » 23 May 2015, 05:32

Ads do annoy me specially when they are destructing me while I surf. Other sites have more ads. It's like all the corner of my screen has occupied by it. So annoying and it slows me down. My browser is hanging because I'm using netbook only.

nejnej25

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 132

Postby monobloss » 23 May 2015, 08:13

There is never too many ads to make money on.

monobloss

ForumCoin: 65

Postby thisnthat » 23 May 2015, 17:28

When you can't get the page to load forever, and you can't hardly click anything without accidentally clicking an add, when it distracts from the appearance of the site, that's too many. A site should never be so cluttered with ads that a visitor can't even navigate or find what they're looking for. That is a huge turn off, which makes me bounce to another site.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 377

Postby OtherM » 23 May 2015, 21:26

thisnthat wrote:When you can't get the page to load forever, and you can't hardly click anything without accidentally clicking an add, when it distracts from the appearance of the site, that's too many. A site should never be so cluttered with ads that a visitor can't even navigate or find what they're looking for. That is a huge turn off, which makes me bounce to another site.

I totally understand how you feel :)
About a week ago I left a site just because their ads where overlapping everything, I couldn't read a single thing and couldn't click anywhere without opening an ad ... was like a nightmare :O

OtherM

ForumCoin: 747

Postby Noque » 23 May 2015, 21:30

That first website tho :D

Noque

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 115

Postby ruben718 » 23 May 2015, 21:44

The more ads better, but even if the site has many ads and almost not possible to see the contents of the site will be a failure to gain money!

ruben718

ForumCoin: 8

Postby OtherM » 23 May 2015, 21:45

Noque wrote:That first website tho :D

Ow crap ... :O I just noticed this guy's x'D
those aren't ads :O
those are sponsors on the first site shown x'D
Ain't the same at all people :D Just to let y'all know real fast :p

OtherM

ForumCoin: 747

Postby LShun » 24 May 2015, 01:46

OtherM wrote:
thisnthat wrote:When you can't get the page to load forever, and you can't hardly click anything without accidentally clicking an add, when it distracts from the appearance of the site, that's too many. A site should never be so cluttered with ads that a visitor can't even navigate or find what they're looking for. That is a huge turn off, which makes me bounce to another site.

I totally understand how you feel :)
About a week ago I left a site just because their ads where overlapping everything, I couldn't read a single thing and couldn't click anywhere without opening an ad ... was like a nightmare :O

I agree with it too, especially if the ads is something unrelated and packs nasty surprises, it is a huge turn off for people.

LShun

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 140

Postby ruben718 » 24 May 2015, 18:30

Many also do not!

ruben718

ForumCoin: 8

Postby shahzebayub » 24 May 2015, 18:37

Ads always looks weird but I think mostly for collecting money so I prefer use and blocker where you receiving do much in the forum they are not disturbing so I option out using it in forum

shahzebayub
Banned

Referrals: 22
ForumCoin: 75

Postby Vens » 30 May 2015, 13:09

Depends on the website content/purpose. Are users just meant to find the site through search engines, open it and never visit it again or do you want to build a user base? To me more than one ad is usually too many but it also depends a lot of the placement. Sometimes there could be more but they would be placed in a way that doesn't feel intrusive. But I use adblock anyway (disabled on forumcoin ofc;)

Gaming Catch-Up - my gaming blog
Vens

Referrals: 15
ForumCoin: 236

Postby Patricia19xx » 30 May 2015, 14:48

I hate it when I see something you like, and appears only advertising .. In games, music and television ...

It does not have enough of so much bad publicity? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Patricia19xx

ForumCoin: 378

Postby shadypro » 08 Jun 2015, 05:34

Anything more than 3 banners.
Also popups and popunders are annoying so better avoid using them because visitors will not like them.

shadypro

ForumCoin: 12

Postby zanjecare » 09 Jun 2015, 12:50

TO many ads are then when you open a site and computer freeze.

zanjecare

ForumCoin: 134

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News