ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

How to get traffic from Reddit?

Postby Rational Mind » 09 Feb 2019, 22:40

has anyone tried marketing on Reddit? I know the platform, however, I do not know how to actually market on Reddit. Just like other sites, dropping links does not work on Reddit. You have to build karma points. But how do you do that.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Re: How to get traffic from Reddit?

Postby fergus1234 » 10 Feb 2019, 08:38

Reddit is more about making meme rather than marketing a business that can be seen as spammy. It can be done in the right subreddit.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 901

Postby Chameli » 10 Feb 2019, 09:39

Reddit is a unique platform. Dropping links does not work on Reddit. You will have to first build your reputation on site by participating in the discussion. Once you have enough karma points, you can start sharing your contents.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby mrki444 » 10 Feb 2019, 13:24

Can we open our subreddit related to site we promote and post our links only there?

mrki444
MMO Site Owner
MMO Site Owner

ForumCoin: 855

Postby Rational Mind » 11 Feb 2019, 17:27

mrki444 wrote:Can we open our subreddit related to site we promote and post our links only there?

yes, you can, however, the moderators can delete your content if they find it too promotional.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby KyushuKris » 12 Feb 2019, 15:07

you can drop links if they're relevant to the post, but anything that stinks of spamming will get you banned, or even worse, shadowbanned.

KyushuKris

ForumCoin: 376

Postby Chameli » 13 Feb 2019, 00:12

Reddit is a powerful communtiy. Many times, the community has even stopped the site administrartors to make changes on the site.

Chameli
Banned

Postby anilmr » 23 Feb 2019, 19:34

You must be aware that Reddit allows users to submit anything in link form (links to single images, webpages, etc.), so you should be well familiar with your audience, to start with. Most of the Redditors are young and technologically inclined. Creativity and wordplay are important, so present the article with an interesting title and photos. Also remember that Redditors like hearing from real people, not “how to” posts unless the posts contain really creative images, so make posts that are original and either have a strong personal story or are completely factual. If you adhere to these rules you can certainly increase your popularity on Reddit.

anilmr

ForumCoin: 1,012

Postby Ash » 23 Feb 2019, 22:02

I did when I had my gaming social network but it's not always the easiest thing to do. You have to be extremely careful with how you promote your sites because you can get downvoted if you are seen as just trying to advertise your site.

Ash

ForumCoin: 360

Postby Chameli » 24 Feb 2019, 00:22

I think it is better to hire a popular redittor to post your links instead of doing by yourself.

Chameli
Banned

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News