New: New Contest for August 1 to August 31, 2019 / Prize 100 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

social networking site vs social book marketing site for marketing

Postby Rational Mind » 07 Feb 2019, 23:15

When it comes to marketing your products, services, businesses, contents, and website, what is the basic difference between marketing on social networking sites and marketing on social bookmarking sites. Well, how does social networking site differ from social book marketing sites?

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Re: social networking site vs social book marketing site for marketing

Postby johnywalker » 08 Feb 2019, 00:39

since social networking sites have more users compared to social book marking site, I believe you get better reach by marketing through social networking site.

johnywalker
Banned

ForumCoin: 178

Postby Chameli » 09 Feb 2019, 09:38

johnywalker wrote:since social networking sites have more users compared to the social bookmarking site, I believe you get better reach by marketing through the social networking site.

That's very true. However, you can get immense traffic from social bookmarking site like reddit if you use in a good way.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby Tendz » 09 Feb 2019, 13:19

Social networking sites are those where we stay in touch with our family and friends. Like, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace
And, a Social bookmarking site is an online bookmarking system. It let us share the web pages that we have bookmarked with the world, and is very useful for increasing website traffic. Some of the social bookmarking sites are, Reddit, Digg, WeHeartit, Pinterest

Tendz

ForumCoin: 1,552

Postby Rational Mind » 09 Feb 2019, 22:37

Tendz wrote:Social networking sites are those where we stay in touch with our family and friends. Like, Facebook, Twitter, Myspace
And, a Social bookmarking site is an online bookmarking system. It let us share the web pages that we have bookmarked with the world, and is very useful for increasing website traffic. Some of the social bookmarking sites are, Reddit, Digg, WeHeartit, Pinterest

You have explained well, but how does marketing on social networking site differ from marketing on social bookmarking site.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby Tendz » 10 Feb 2019, 12:38

dominique wrote:You have explained well, but how does marketing on social networking site differ from marketing on social bookmarking site.

Oh yes, In my opinion Social Bookmarking sites are much better in marketing. One site about which everybody knows of is Reddit. There people can gain huge traffic by posting the right content on it

Tendz

Postby Rational Mind » 11 Feb 2019, 17:34

Reddit can make your content viral, however, getting traffic from Reddit is not easy. If you do not have a lot of karma points, you might have to hire an influencer to market your contents on reddit.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby Chameli » 13 Feb 2019, 08:25

Tendz wrote:Oh yes, In my opinion Social Bookmarking sites are much better in marketing. One site about which everybody knows of is Reddit. There people can gain huge traffic by posting the right content on it

I don't think so. More people use social networking site, therefore, you will have wider reach compared to social bookmarking site.

Chameli
Banned

Postby Tendz » 13 Feb 2019, 20:10

Chameli wrote:
Tendz wrote:I don't think so. More people use social networking site, therefore, you will have wider reach compared to social bookmarking site.

I'll explain through better example. On Social networking sites, there is larger demographic of people, their hobbies differ, they have different interests and mostly they come on social sites to socialize more or less. Out of every 100 people, only 50 or 60 people (this too is a generous number I'm giving you) will be interested in buying your product. Whereas for the Bookmarking, you are already in a place where like-minded people who have common interests gather. So, there is a very good chance that out of 100 people, 75 to 85 people will go for your product.

Latest studies have proved, social media is good for branding and engagement, not for traffic or revenue

Tendz

Postby Chameli » 15 Feb 2019, 13:28

Tendz wrote:I'll explain through better example. On Social networking sites, there is larger demographic of people, their hobbies differ, they have different interests and mostly they come on social sites to socialize more or less. Out of every 100 people, only 50 or 60 people (this too is a generous number I'm giving you) will be interested in buying your product. Whereas for the Bookmarking, you are already in a place where like-minded people who have common interests gather. So, there is a very good chance that out of 100 people, 75 to 85 people will go for your product.

Latest studies have proved, social media is good for branding and engagement, not for traffic or revenue

I accept your explanation. Social media sites have a very large user base, however, this does not mean each and everyone will check what you are promoting. Social bookmarking sites are content discovery platform and I believe your content have better visibility.

Chameli
Banned

Postby johnywalker » 17 Feb 2019, 12:45

I think there is no versus between social networking and social bookmarking. There is and instead of versus. You should be using both

johnywalker
Banned

ForumCoin: 178

Postby Rational Mind » 19 Feb 2019, 23:25

johnywalker wrote:I think there is no versus between social networking and social bookmarking. There is and instead of versus. You should be using both

That's very true. If you are a marketer, you should be using all sorts of platforms. If you are using facebook and twitter, you should also be using instagram and linked in. If you are using Pinterest, you should also be using reddit and Stumbleupon.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby anilmr » 20 Feb 2019, 22:15

Are you referring to social bookmarking sites such as Pinterest, StumbleUpon, Digg, Reddit, etc? Even though you can use both techniques for promoting your business or brand, social networking sites like Facebook are used more for sharing personal information with people you know, while social bookmarking sites are used for sharing online content with the world.

anilmr

ForumCoin: 1,014

Postby Rational Mind » 20 Feb 2019, 23:52

Social networking sites have more active users than social bookmarking site, therefore reach is wider. Social networking sites are used to share personal as well as professional information, where as social bookmarking sites are reserved for sharing anything except things of personal nature.

--- 21 Feb 2019, 00:07 ---

Social networking sites have more active users than social bookmarking site, therefore reach is wider. Social networking sites are used to share personal as well as professional information, where as social bookmarking sites are reserved for sharing anything except things of personal nature.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby Chameli » 25 Feb 2019, 03:22

If you are a webmaster or marketer, you should use all kinds of social media sites. You should not be limited to handful of popular sites but also on lesser known such as Digg, or Mix.

Chameli
Banned

Next

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News