ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: How can earn online website owners catch cheaters with multiple accounts

Postby jobless dude » 06 Dec 2018, 02:11

Dynamic Ip address change over time. So it's impossible to catch cheaters. Only Static IP users can be caught. The mobile hotspot, internet cafe all comes under dynamic IP's.

jobless dude

ForumCoin: 323

Postby sofs » 06 Dec 2018, 02:16

A tough job for admins, they have to keep an eagle eye to check users ip adresses and such.. But there is the other side to it.. some newbie gets thrown out because he/she is blundering in ignorance.

sofs

ForumCoin: 145

Postby suny » 06 Dec 2018, 02:26

jobless dude wrote:Dynamic Ip address change over time. So it's impossible to catch cheaters. Only Static IP users can be caught. The mobile hotspot, internet cafe all comes under dynamic IP's.

Even mobile users can get scot-free as having multiple SIM/mobile is not a problem in most countries. In India a SIM is available for free and its running cost is also almost free @$2 p/m for 2GB or more data per day and unlimited voice call to any inland network.

suny

Referrals: 61
ForumCoin: 34

Postby kat82 » 07 Dec 2018, 06:04

dominique wrote:
kat82 wrote:There are a number of ways which can be used to catch cheaters on line work. They range from IP addresses, browsers, cookies, computer detection, OS detection, windows version and etc. Trust me, if one changes an IP while keeping everything else including screen size and etc the same, that is a cheater. You can try using the above and see of they help.

I have never realized that we could catch the cheater by checking their browser, OS, computer etc. I will have to find out more on this.

When we go online, that is part of the information which sites collect from us. If you can set up real traps using either, you can be able to know accounts which are cheaters. I once used that same info to track multiple account holders on my site. Wordfence if you are using WordPress is one way.

kat82

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 299

Previous

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News