ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

How can earn online website owners catch cheaters with multiple accounts

Postby fergus1234 » 01 Dec 2018, 12:00

Who cheats by making multiple accounts registered via different sim cards. VPN users are easy to catch but people who register with multiple sim cards are not. There are country where people don't need to register to buy a sim card. 1 person with 4 cellphones can make multiple accounts on one site and abuse the system of that site. It's harder to catch them over the VPN and Proxy users.

Others are easier to catch because of sharing 1 ip address but its not the case with mobile users and cyber cafe renters.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 129

Re: How can earn online website owners catch cheaters with multiple accounts

Postby nakitakona » 01 Dec 2018, 12:17

That is the big question for a paying sites that cater to various online workers. It is neither my concern for I don't have that site. I am an honest online job worker.I never cheat or create multiple accounts

nakitakona

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 670

Postby Chameli » 01 Dec 2018, 13:16

I don't think you can catch a cheater who uses mobile internet from multiple sim cards. People who use home internet as well as workplace internet cannot also be caught.

Chameli

ForumCoin: 486

Postby fergus1234 » 01 Dec 2018, 15:12

I am not a fan of Neobux but that might be the reason they don't allow mobile at certain point.

fergus1234

Postby ptrikha21 » 01 Dec 2018, 17:33

fergus1234 wrote:Who cheats by making multiple accounts registered via different sim cards. VPN users are easy to catch but people who register with multiple sim cards are not. There are country where people don't need to register to buy a sim card.............

With modern means, and technologies, cheaters and scamsters also keep on devising new ways. It is hard to catch them. Catching them requires time and investment.

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 284

Postby dominique » 01 Dec 2018, 21:34

Detecting a duplicate account is really hard. I have a user generated content site. I use wordpress. I don't know how to catch a duplicate accounts on a wordpress site.

dominique

ForumCoin: 2

Postby fergus1234 » 02 Dec 2018, 11:29

Some of these duplicate accounts are obvious though. They talk and write the same way.

fergus1234

Postby suny » 02 Dec 2018, 22:46

Yes, they talk and write the same way, they come from the same country, city and share their blogs etc but Unless you have concrete proof you can't take an acttion

suny

Referrals: 61
ForumCoin: 504

Postby CyberFreak » 03 Dec 2018, 06:32

It is impossible to catch all cheaters but there are many tactics that can be used to catch many "uneducated" cheaters. I am obviously not going to say how as we use some of these methods. Sometimes though, the cheaters worst enermy is themselves. Forgetting what device is which account therefore replying using the wrong account or logging into the wrong account on the wrong device or things like that. Usually site owner may have suspicions about users but can't prove anything however over time, watching the user closely will result in them messing up in some way and then you can jump on them.

Currently really really busy with real life things :o Responses will be alot slower than usual.

:$: ForumCoin Faucet - Claim your free FC!!! :$:

If you sign up to the ForumCoin.Win faucet, please contact me with your username via PM, email (cyberfreak@forumcoin.win) or submit a quick ticket so I can activate your account.
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 17
ForumCoin: 64,097

Postby katkat » 03 Dec 2018, 06:42

I wonder how they can have a multiple account. I have only 4 sites that I visit but only 2 I visited every day and yet I can't have enough time to give each site. I have a tendency to stay in a site for one or two hours but after that I forgot again to log in. I can multi task online and offline works but it's different if both online in two sites. I end up favoring the other one. I still have to learn more how the online world works.

katkat

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 1,294

Postby kat82 » 03 Dec 2018, 06:46

There are a number of ways which can be used to catch cheaters on line work. They range from IP addresses, browsers, cookies, computer detection, OS detection, windows version and etc. Trust me, if one changes an IP while keeping everything else including screen size and etc the same, that is a cheater. You can try using the above and see of they help.

kat82

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 239

Postby jackchun » 03 Dec 2018, 07:07

if a site found and believe that user is suspicious, they will just close their accounts without need to proof

jackchun

ForumCoin: 1,689

Postby arunima » 03 Dec 2018, 07:15

jackchun wrote:if a site found and believe that user is suspicious, they will just close their accounts without need to proof

But it might not be the right thing to do and some innocent person might suffer. One has to have the proof. An innocent can be declared guilty on basis of suspicion.

arunima

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 677

Postby jackchun » 04 Dec 2018, 07:33

in online earnings world, most sites act like that ,so many real cheaters and innocents altogether

jackchun

ForumCoin: 1,689

Postby dominique » 05 Dec 2018, 23:53

kat82 wrote:There are a number of ways which can be used to catch cheaters on line work. They range from IP addresses, browsers, cookies, computer detection, OS detection, windows version and etc. Trust me, if one changes an IP while keeping everything else including screen size and etc the same, that is a cheater. You can try using the above and see of they help.

I have never realized that we could catch the cheater by checking their browser, OS, computer etc. I will have to find out more on this.

dominique

ForumCoin: 2

Next

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News