New: New Contest for August 1 to August 31, 2019 / Prize 100 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: what is your blogging niche

Postby Rational Mind » 02 Nov 2018, 23:20

MaryVerma wrote:There are many of them: business, economy, digital marketing, traveling, relationships, fashion, news, technology, science... I got experience working for personal clients

Do you have one blog or multiple blogs? If you have multiple niche single blog, to share the blog link on your profile. This will have you drive some traffic from FC users.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby kat82 » 03 Nov 2018, 07:53

MaryVerma wrote:There are many of them: business, economy, digital marketing, traveling, relationships, fashion, news, technology, science... I got experience working for personal clients

So you are into all of these at the same time? That makes you a multi-niche just like I am. I love writing about anything and everything for as long as it makes me feel good and also sharing to those who love it.

kat82

Referrals: 12
ForumCoin: 21

Postby jobless dude » 03 Nov 2018, 13:38

My niche : electrical and electronics engineering and technology

jobless dude

ForumCoin: 57

Postby friendociate » 03 Nov 2018, 15:36

My blog focuses on "etymology" (historical origins of words' meanings), with a focus on how they're all connected to each other.

I have several 'secondary niches' that branch off of that: Names, Religion, Politics, Science-Fiction, Comedy, Nutrition ...

friendociate

ForumCoin: 211

Postby ptrikha21 » 03 Nov 2018, 18:21

Movie reviews, Sports especially cricket and some Software tech things.

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 1,206

Postby Rational Mind » 03 Nov 2018, 23:36

friendociate wrote:My blog focuses on "etymology" (historical origins of words' meanings), with a focus on how they're all connected to each other.

I have several 'secondary niches' that branch off of that: Names, Religion, Politics, Science-Fiction, Comedy, Nutrition ...

You seem to have very interesting niche. Are you using your primary niche and secondary niches on the same blog/website? Are you earning revenue?

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby kat82 » 04 Nov 2018, 11:54

ptrikha21 wrote:Movie reviews, Sports especially cricket and some Software tech things.

Someone told me that reviewing movies pays big. The same applies to Sports related. I know a person who has a sports update website, he gets more than 1,000,000 impressions daily on his site. He also sales sports products as an affiliate and he is happily enjoying. I am not a sports fun otherwise, I would have joined this niche already.

kat82

Postby arunima » 04 Nov 2018, 11:57

I have multiniche...parenting, female issues, health and daily musings of life. I have not worked on my blog since a very long time.

arunima

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 509

Postby friendociate » 05 Nov 2018, 14:14

dominique wrote:Are you using your primary niche and secondary niches on the same blog/website? Are you earning revenue?

I'm kind of odd. So in a way, the answer to the second question is no; I can't earn revenue (not a 'living wage'-amount anyway) because I'm too ... something; I dunno.

I blog (call it 'posting- and commenting on-discussions,' whatever) on sites that let me blog---mostly BlogSpot, sometimes WordPress, Quora, myLot, here (ForumCoin), Facebook. Whenever I TRY to feature 'links to products or services people can buy,' it turns into content that people accuse of 'being SPAM'---probably because they expect The Internet to give them everything it can FOR FREE; which it does, but only 'on its way to asking them to "buy something"' :lolno:

When someone accuses me of SPAM to the BlogSpot administrators, the admin. block me from blogging (or block that account or something)---sometimes forcing me to erase all my old posts etc. I'm not 'established' enough to "earn revenue."

Besides, the law of the universe is "Quid pro Quo." I don't know 'what I add to the transaction' that makes it worth giving me "a little bit of 'this' (Quid) or a little bit of 'that' (Quo)."

But to your first question---kind of ... I link-to the secondary niches ON my my main niche, and I sometimes post 'secondary niches' on that platform ... tho a lot of my 'secondary niche'-work happens in random places on the `net. :crazy: :ugeek:

friendociate

ForumCoin: 211

Postby Vinaya » 07 Nov 2018, 06:36

I am trying to build private blog network since some time. I have blogs on various niches.

Vinaya
Banned

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: -1

Postby arunima » 07 Nov 2018, 06:49

I think having multi niche blogs is a good idea for attracting more traffic. But the niche should be interrelated.

arunima

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 509

Postby kat82 » 07 Nov 2018, 09:18

arunima wrote:I think having multi niche blogs is a good idea for attracting more traffic. But the niche should be interrelated.

Multi niche to me is the best. You are on a sure deal of having traffic from the different niches. I blog about anything. Am not restricted to a single niche. Besides, that can even limit the number of articles to write.

kat82

Postby johnywalker » 08 Nov 2018, 04:18

I like to write on business, finance and investment. I prefer to write on these topics because these are the topics that I studied in the university.

johnywalker
Banned

ForumCoin: 178

Postby kat82 » 10 Nov 2018, 10:16

johnywalker wrote:I like to write on business, finance and investment. I prefer to write on these topics because these are the topics that I studied in the university.

Writing on niches which you have qualifications is a good idea. In fact, you are like a consultant since information you provider is more reliable as opposed to simply jumping into any kind of niche which even one may not understand well.

kat82

Postby Rational Mind » 12 Nov 2018, 00:13

What ever niche you choose, the chosen niche should be something you know about. Your blog should be an authorative site on that niche.

Rational Mind
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News