*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: Did you start with free theme or paid theme?

Postby mrki444 » 18 Jan 2019, 13:47

darrensurrey wrote:I don't know what you mean by theme then? It's using a free WP theme.

Than you should also post direct link on theme from where we can download it. This link looks like your project.

mrki444

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 638

Postby Daniel » 18 Jan 2019, 20:42

With any project I move forward with I typically use a free theme. Mostly because often times my projects are a bit of an experiment and or I don't have the cash to dish out a theme at the time so I don't use a paid theme. Sometimes I will go ahead and transition to a paid theme if I want to throw some money at it later.

Daniel

ForumCoin: 1

Postby darrensurrey » 19 Jan 2019, 11:17

mrki444 wrote:
darrensurrey wrote:I don't know what you mean by theme then? It's using a free WP theme.

Than you should also post direct link on theme from where we can download it. This link looks like your project.

I installed via WP admin. It's Montezuma.

darrensurrey

ForumCoin: 88

Postby Ash » 19 Jan 2019, 14:18

Chameli wrote:
oldbuddy wrote:I have used a free theme for over 4 years and see no reason to upgrade to a paid one. It's the content that brings people back.

Now I am in the process of starting another blog and it will use a free theme as well, but I did spend $35 to obtain graphics for my header and footer.

I also believe people come to your site because of content, the theme is the only appearance, it is the content that hold's people attention.

I disagree. The content can be good but the appearance is also extremely important. If a website looks old and not very professional/modern then people will not pay as much attention. It may push certain people away who may think it's a scam

Ash

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 102

Postby Rational Mind » 19 Jan 2019, 22:32

kingcool52 wrote:I disagree. The content can be good but the appearance is also extremely important. If a website looks old and not very professional/modern then people will not pay as much attention. It may push certain people away who may think it's a scam

You are using a free theme does not mean your site looks bad. You can customize a free theme using free website builder to give it a professional look.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby jobless dude » 21 Jan 2019, 15:06

Elementor (Free) is enough to make a professional site but if you want a high-quality site, then you can use genesis. Also, consider thrive and Divi.

jobless dude

ForumCoin: 15

Postby Rational Mind » 22 Jan 2019, 17:48

jobless dude wrote:Elementor (Free) is enough to make a professional site but if you want a high-quality site, then you can use genesis. Also, consider thrive and Divi.

I have checked Elementor page builder, however, I have not tried this. By the way what do you think about site origin?

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby darrensurrey » 22 Jan 2019, 23:06

dominique wrote:site origin

Quite a useful tool. The widgets are a bit limited, though.

darrensurrey

ForumCoin: 88

Postby cmoneyspinner » 23 Jan 2019, 01:25

I have always used free themes. They suit my purposes. I have never used a paid theme. But that's not to say that I never will. There are some very nice paid themes out there that are reasonably priced.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,867

Postby KyushuKris » 24 Jan 2019, 01:10

what are you putting on all your blogs, ads?

KyushuKris

ForumCoin: 484

Postby cmoneyspinner » 25 Jan 2019, 03:46

KyushuKris wrote:what are you putting on all your blogs, ads?

Yes. If the platform allows affiliate ads I place them on my blogs.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,867

Postby augusta » 25 Jan 2019, 03:51

I started mine with a free theme since it was a free platform so almost everything done on it came free too but paid theme are better and can be used later on, on the blog.

augusta

ForumCoin: 36

Postby Chameli » 05 Feb 2019, 10:06

augusta wrote:I started mine with a free theme since it was a free platform so almost everything done on it came free too but paid theme are better and can be used later on, on the blog.

Using free theme does not mean you have poor site design. You can use plugins and page builder to create unique site.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby Abigael » 09 Feb 2019, 06:04

Chameli wrote:I started my blog on a free theme. After using a free theme almost for a year now, I am thinking to get a premium theme. What about you? Did you start on a free theme or paid theme?

I am thinking of starting a blog too on a free theme. From what I have read from many, I think it just works right. I will see later if I need to upgread.

Abigael

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 11

Postby Chameli » 09 Feb 2019, 09:29

a_jerobon wrote:
Chameli wrote:I started my blog on a free theme. After using a free theme almost for a year now, I am thinking to get a premium theme. What about you? Did you start on a free theme or paid theme?

I am thinking of starting a blog too on a free theme. From what I have read from many, I think it just works right. I will see later if I need to upgread.

If you choose the right theme and customize with plugins, you might never require a paid theme.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News