ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Did you start with free theme or paid theme?

Postby Chameli » 03 Oct 2018, 13:26

I started my blog on a free theme. After using a free theme almost for a year now, I am thinking to get a premium theme. What about you? Did you start on a free theme or paid theme?

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Re: Did you start with free theme or paid theme?

Postby A K Rao » 03 Oct 2018, 14:03

I have got my blog on free theme but since I have not tried to promote itb any way i don't have any plans to update to piad one or premium one! Thanks!

A K Rao

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 693

Postby oldbuddy » 03 Oct 2018, 14:52

I have used a free theme for over 4 years and see no reason to upgrade to a paid one. It's the content that brings people back.

Now I am in the process of starting another blog and it will use a free theme as well, but I did spend $35 to obtain graphics for my header and footer.

DO YOU WANT TO MAKE MORE ONLINE THAN YOU DO NOW?
It's NOT going to happen without learning higher paying skills and using them.
CLICK HERE for details on the simple way to do that.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 30
ForumCoin: 2,241

Postby freelancermariagrace » 03 Oct 2018, 15:04

Just like the others, I started my blog on a free theme. I have never encountered any problems using a free theme, so there's no need to upgrade or get a paid one. Plus, I don't have much time to update my own website right now.

freelancermariagrace

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 163

Postby Rational Mind » 04 Oct 2018, 18:23

I have my blogs and websites on free theme, I don't see any necessity of using paid theme as long as you have a good website. You can customize free theme and give it a unique look.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby mrki444 » 04 Oct 2018, 20:09

I always start with free theme. I try reduce first invest.

mrki444
MMO Site Owner
MMO Site Owner

ForumCoin: 869

Postby Rational Mind » 05 Oct 2018, 23:48

That's true, you do not have to pay a hefty price for a theme if you are just starting out. You might get a good theme once your website begins to gain traction. By the way it is unnecessary to get a premium theme before you actually begin to generate income.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby Chameli » 17 Jan 2019, 08:59

oldbuddy wrote:I have used a free theme for over 4 years and see no reason to upgrade to a paid one. It's the content that brings people back.

Now I am in the process of starting another blog and it will use a free theme as well, but I did spend $35 to obtain graphics for my header and footer.

I also believe people come to your site because of content, the theme is the only appearance, it is the content that hold's people attention.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby jobless dude » 17 Jan 2019, 09:40

Chameli wrote:
oldbuddy wrote:I have used a free theme for over 4 years and see no reason to upgrade to a paid one. It's the content that brings people back.

I also believe people come to your site because of content, the theme is the only appearance, it is the content that hold's people attention.

The theme also responsible for SEO not directly but indirectly.

jobless dude

ForumCoin: 84

Postby darrensurrey » 17 Jan 2019, 09:58

Nobody has ever questioned the fact that I'm using a free theme for my business: wimble.com

darrensurrey

ForumCoin: 29

Postby mrki444 » 17 Jan 2019, 16:21

darrensurrey wrote:Nobody has ever questioned the fact that I'm using a free theme for my business: wimble.com

That looks like full site, not theme. You try to get some clicks?

mrki444
MMO Site Owner
MMO Site Owner

ForumCoin: 869

Postby darrensurrey » 17 Jan 2019, 21:32

mrki444 wrote:
darrensurrey wrote:Nobody has ever questioned the fact that I'm using a free theme for my business: wimble.com

That looks like full site, not theme. You try to get some clicks?

I don't know what you mean by theme then? It's using a free WP theme.

Edit: the theme is Montezuma. Thanks for the downvote, Mr Expert.

Last edited by darrensurrey on 19 Jan 2019, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.
darrensurrey

ForumCoin: 29

Postby Rational Mind » 17 Jan 2019, 22:30

I am using free theme on my website and blog since over a year. Unless the theme maker's link is in the footer, nobody will know you are using a free theme.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby jobless dude » 18 Jan 2019, 10:10

dominique wrote:I am using free theme on my website and blog since over a year. Unless the theme maker's link is in the footer, nobody will know you are using a free theme.

You won't get an update if you remove the theme footer credits and because of this, your site can be hacked easily.
Correct me if I am wrong.

jobless dude

ForumCoin: 84

Postby Ash » 18 Jan 2019, 13:28

jobless dude wrote:
dominique wrote:I am using free theme on my website and blog since over a year. Unless the theme maker's link is in the footer, nobody will know you are using a free theme.

You won't get an update if you remove the theme footer credits and because of this, your site can be hacked easily.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Most themes are pretty good in terms of security, it's more with WordPress anyway to ensure your site is secure. Themes are rarely updated anyway because they don't have security issues so your site won't be hacked easily because you remove a footer link.

Ash

ForumCoin: 375

Next

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News