ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Forum vs Blog

Postby Ryaljam » 29 Sep 2018, 05:21

I just want to know which is more useful for a website traffic point of view in between forum vs blog, please share your view ?

Ryaljam
Banned

ForumCoin: 9

Re: Forum vs Blog

Postby verity » 29 Sep 2018, 08:52

hey Sorry i Think these post should be in bmw means business money and wealth section wrong thread dude! cause u post about making money online or a website

verity

ForumCoin: 363

Postby Allius » 29 Sep 2018, 19:26

[Moving topic to appropriate forum section!]

Verity, I don't agree with you...
He is not talking about winning money online... he is asking what brings more traffic: a forum or a blog...
In my point of view this topic should be in the "Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News"

However, I don't understand why, instead of posting about the topic are in the wrong section, you didn't reported this situation... (for example, cliking on "report this post")...

Allius
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 353

Postby Chameli » 30 Sep 2018, 11:16

I think forum attracts more traffic than a blog because forum incorporates discussion and short posts. In a blog you are the sole writer, where as on a forum everyone is a writer.

Chameli

ForumCoin: 486

Postby jpk7 » 30 Sep 2018, 12:47

I guess forums will always attract more traffic than blogs. Blogs can sometimes be very specific related to a single topic, therefore the number of visitors can be comparatively very low there. Sometimes very successful blogs can have more traffic than forums.

jpk7

ForumCoin: 173

Postby oldbuddy » 30 Sep 2018, 13:18

It depends on the value they offer and how popular the topics are.

ARE YOU JUST HERE FOR THE PENNIES?
I am coming to the conclusion that most on here don't really want to make more money
CLICK HERE if that does NOT include you.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 28
ForumCoin: 418

Postby johnywalker » 02 Oct 2018, 04:37

You don't have to create contents for your forum, users will create contents. You also get a good traffic from users. For instance if you have 1000 members and at least 50 percent visit your forum every day, you will be generate at least 500 unique visits every day.

johnywalker

ForumCoin: 0

Postby Chameli » 03 Oct 2018, 01:02

johnywalker wrote:You don't have to create contents for your forum, users will create contents. You also get a good traffic from users. For instance if you have 1000 members and at least 50 percent visit your forum every day, you will be generate at least 500 unique visits every day.

You are right, however, in most cased forum contents are low quality and are not optimized for search engines, which means forum is less likely to attract search traffic.

Chameli

Postby A K Rao » 03 Oct 2018, 14:08

In case of forum you are sure to get traffic from the active members which is may ot may not possible with your blog unless you have made is SEO friendly and can draw excellent traffic!

A K Rao

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 949

Postby kat82 » 04 Oct 2018, 08:09

A forum is good if you want to engage with others all over. On the other hand, a blog is best if you want to share. Back in the years, I used to own a free forum. I left the from (can't even guess if it still exists) and went for Blogs. I have been successful with blogs as opposed with how it went with forums.

As me, I prefer blogs and of course forums like this for participating and general know how.

kat82

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 239

Postby oldbuddy » 05 Oct 2018, 00:31

My guess is Mr. B at the Beer Money Forum is making a boatload of cash.

ARE YOU JUST HERE FOR THE PENNIES?
I am coming to the conclusion that most on here don't really want to make more money
CLICK HERE if that does NOT include you.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 28
ForumCoin: 418

Postby cinderella » 05 Oct 2018, 19:39

I never tried setting up a forum but I think it depends on several factors. If a forum offers award, it could probably attract more visitors. But with proper SEO, a blog can do the same or even better.

cinderella

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 1,396

Postby liveonline » 12 Oct 2018, 19:19

Chameli wrote:I think forum attracts more traffic than a blog because forum incorporates discussion and short posts. In a blog you are the sole writer, where as on a forum everyone is a writer.

I like your answer that is the best 1 yet I've seen someone say & your RIGHT.

liveonline

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 454

Postby Chameli » 14 Oct 2018, 07:21

A K Rao wrote:In case of forum you are sure to get traffic from the active members which is may ot may not possible with your blog unless you have made is SEO friendly and can draw excellent traffic!

Since forums are membership sites, it is easy to get traffic to a forum. Building contents on forums is also easy because the members will be posting contents. However, in most cases, forum contents do not have any search value.

Chameli

Postby augusta » 15 Oct 2018, 02:32

I hink a forum bring in more traffic and money,looking at some forums I'm posting on I know there are posters on each forum which is the good amount of traffic and monetizing the traffic means good money.

augusta

ForumCoin: 373

Next

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News