*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Aliexpress dropshipping

Postby Rational Mind » 08 Aug 2018, 17:05

Aliexpress is Chinese equivalent of ebay. You can not only use aliexpress to buy things, but also outsource products from aliexpress and sell yourself. Have you tried aliexpress dropshipping?

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Banner Ad

Re: Aliexpress dropshipping

Postby Chameli » 09 Aug 2018, 09:43

I am not in a position to give any advice because I have not used aliexpress. However, I have checked the site and it is a good site to buy from Chinese sellers.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby Netherrealmer » 09 Aug 2018, 11:12

Many sellers there are scammers so I stay away from that site as far as I can.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Postby Rational Mind » 09 Aug 2018, 23:25

fergus1234 wrote:Many sellers there are scammers so I stay away from that site as far as I can.

Have you been scammed there? I have been scammed on ebay and good think about ebay is you can claim refund. By the way the online store also provided buyer protection

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby Netherrealmer » 12 Aug 2018, 11:49

My sister bought an Iphone there and she was delivered with a broken flip phone. I am not kidding a flip phone.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby Rational Mind » 13 Aug 2018, 23:35

Is that so? I hear that aliexpress also give buyer protection just like ebay? I have never used the site though.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby Netherrealmer » 17 Aug 2018, 12:03

I just avoid anything that is from China, Aliexpress usually have Chinese sellers, making it very hard to trust after being scammed many times.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby FeedMeMore » 18 Aug 2018, 09:05

I know someone on Facebook who posted the last year that he bought a phone from aliexpress and when the package was delivered to him he didn't find the phone in there. He only found user manuals, cable and charger in the box. :crazy:
This doesn't mean that aliexpress is a scam, Sometimes bad things happen to all buyers not just aliexpress buyers. :cry:

FeedMeMore

ForumCoin: 209

Postby ceci » 18 Aug 2018, 15:06

fergus1234 wrote:I just avoid anything that is from China, Aliexpress usually have Chinese sellers, making it very hard to trust after being scammed many times.

Did you get yourself protected?

I have to admit, it's hard to make a good deal at Chinese online platform like Taobao as well, we won't able to get a good quality stuff with lower price range.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby Sam » 21 Aug 2018, 04:51

dominique wrote:Aliexpress is Chinese equivalent of ebay. You can not only use aliexpress to buy things, but also outsource products from aliexpress and sell yourself. Have you tried aliexpress dropshipping?

Yes - through Shopify. I highly recommend Shopify too. It makes it super easy to set up a good looking (read trustworthy) ecommerce store and import products from Aliexpress. Wordpress/Woocommerce is OK but the investment in Shopify is minor compared to other costs (mainly advertising). I sold a decent, but small. amount at a good mark up but I was in a saturated niche.

Quick tips:

1. Invest A LOT of time into your store. The product copies (the text) should be encouraging/ enticing and unique. The site should be clean/ minimal. Everything should work - test test test the whole customer purchase experience. Your logo needs to look good (check the ForumCoin marketplace / create a Wanted ad).
2. Social media can bring in OK sales. Instagram, Facebook and Youtube are all good platforms. Spend time researching each.
3. Look into the process of creating ads on Facebook or X platform and testing them. You need to test multiple ads and run with the winners.
4. Have a good product that others aren't selling.
5. Have a very focused target market.

Sam

Referrals: 15
ForumCoin: 179

Postby johnywalker » 21 Aug 2018, 15:56

I do not have any experience of selling online, however, I am also thinking to launch an online store. I have not decided on the kind of online store. I am divided between dropshipping and direct selling.

johnywalker
Banned

ForumCoin: 178

Postby Rational Mind » 23 Aug 2018, 00:09

I recently found that there are plugins that helps you to automatize your aliexpress dropshipping. These plugins will automatically add products on your website. Sadly, these plugins are very expensive.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby Chameli » 24 Aug 2018, 10:49

dominique wrote:I recently found that there are plugins that helps you to automatize your aliexpress dropshipping. These plugins will automatically add products on your website. Sadly, these plugins are very expensive.

I discovered one plugin that automates aliexpress dropshipping, the plugin cost $89. This is a lot of money for me.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby Vinaya » 25 Aug 2018, 01:14

Initially I was planning to outsource products for my online store from aliexpress, however, these days I am thinking about aliexpress dropshipping.

Vinaya
Banned

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: -1

Postby Rational Mind » 01 Sep 2018, 17:02

@sam I might not use shopify because it cost a lot of money to create a shopify store. A better alternative is using woocommerce on wordpress.

Rational Mind
Banned

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News