ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby arunima » 09 Oct 2018, 07:56

I have not heard of it. I have to explore and see. But as Chameli mentioned in the above post that not everyone can get the monetary benefits, I have to really see of it works for Indian users.
  • 0

arunima
 
Posts: 1,994
Location: India
Referrals: 1
Reputation: 150
ForumCoin: 742

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby dominique » 09 Oct 2018, 22:39

earnings on medium depends on number of claps you get. Therefore don't expect to earn much.
  • 0

User avatar
dominique
 
Posts: 3,086
Reputation: 266
ForumCoin: 62

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby Chameli » 30 Nov 2018, 11:32

arunima wrote:I have not heard of it. I have to explore and see. But as Chameli mentioned in the above post that not everyone can get the monetary benefits, I have to really see of it works for Indian users.

It used stripe payment and stripe is not yet available in India.
  • 0

User avatar
Chameli
 
Posts: 3,130
Reputation: 219
ForumCoin: 31

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby dominique » 01 Dec 2018, 21:39

Chameli wrote:
arunima wrote:I have not heard of it. I have to explore and see. But as Chameli mentioned in the above post that not everyone can get the monetary benefits, I have to really see of it works for Indian users.

It used stripe payment and stripe is not yet available in India.

yes, medium uses stripe to send funds and currently stripe is available only in handful of countries.
  • 0

User avatar
dominique
 
Posts: 3,086
Reputation: 266
ForumCoin: 62

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby cmoneyspinner » 02 Dec 2018, 04:47

dominique wrote:earnings on medium depends on number of claps you get. Therefore don't expect to earn much.


So are you using the Medium Partners Program? I don't understand what you mean by earnings based on "claps".
  • 0

User avatar
cmoneyspinner
 
Posts: 5,213
Location: Texas USA
Referrals: 4
Reputation: 1667
ForumCoin: 26

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby Sam » 02 Dec 2018, 06:52

cmoneyspinner wrote:
dominique wrote:earnings on medium depends on number of claps you get. Therefore don't expect to earn much.


So are you using the Medium Partners Program? I don't understand what you mean by earnings based on "claps".


https://help.medium.com/hc/en-us/articl ... er-Program gives a good idea behind the earnings part of Medium.

"Claps" are a little like reputation on ForumCoin or Likes. But... on Medium they kind of give an indication into the effort, ingenuity or helpfulness behind an article.
  • 1

Earn $7FC with this new offer!

Image
User avatar
Sam
Community Moderator
 
Posts: 1,955
Location: New Zealand
Referrals: 13
Reputation: 790
ForumCoin: 1,603

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby Chameli » 05 Dec 2018, 10:02

@sam people are abusing the clap system. They are paying people to clap on their medium content. Therefore, I believe claps are no longer the standard of the content.
  • 0

User avatar
Chameli
 
Posts: 3,130
Reputation: 219
ForumCoin: 31

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby dominique » 05 Dec 2018, 23:44

medium uses stripe to send payment, stripe is available in a handful of countries. Anyone can publish on medium, you don;t even have to publish a new article, you can reuse existing article.
  • 0

User avatar
dominique
 
Posts: 3,086
Reputation: 266
ForumCoin: 62

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby sofs » 06 Dec 2018, 06:29

cmoneyspinner wrote:Yes. I use Medium for republished content. I used to use YAHOO Voices because they accepted republished content. But they closed down. I also used Niume. But the owner passed away and Niume shut down.

I am very pleased that I can use this platform because as you say it is respected and does have a wide reach. I use it to circulate my content but also it is very informative and I learn a lot.

They now have a Partners Programs and supposedly you can get hired as a writer. I have never used the program.


This sounds like a great place to write articles, drive traffic to your blogs and a good place for back links, thanks for the information. I have never heard about medium before.. I think I will take a look at it.
One quick question though, does it also permit poetry to be published?
  • 1

User avatar
sofs
 
Posts: 144
Reputation: 18
ForumCoin: 145

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby kat82 » 07 Dec 2018, 06:09

Kei wrote:
cinderella wrote:I have visited the site but haven't done anything yet. I read somewhere that we can republish articles on the site and can earn as well. I am still trying to find out how to do it though.

By "republish" do you articles that have been published else where before?

If the answer is yes, then the is worth to use for backlinks for traffic purposes. Republishing is good for as long as the way it is done is best in the seo side.
  • 1

User avatar
kat82
 
Posts: 871
Referrals: 2
Reputation: 110
ForumCoin: 299

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby Chameli » 07 Dec 2018, 09:18

@kat82 medium allows you to republish your article. You don't even have to copy paste your article, you can easily import your article by adding your article link. Publishing the article will leave a link on the bottom that says originally published on xyx dot com
  • 1

User avatar
Chameli
 
Posts: 3,130
Reputation: 219
ForumCoin: 31

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby kat82 » 08 Dec 2018, 10:27

Chameli wrote:@kat82 medium allows you to republish your article. You don't even have to copy paste your article, you can easily import your article by adding your article link. Publishing the article will leave a link on the bottom that says originally published on xyx dot com


Thanks for clarifying. Let me join instantly and see if they will allow me do that. Hopefully there are other earning ways on site.
  • 1

User avatar
kat82
 
Posts: 871
Referrals: 2
Reputation: 110
ForumCoin: 299

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby jobless dude » 08 Dec 2018, 15:18

arunima wrote:I have not heard of it. I have to explore and see. But as Chameli mentioned in the above post that not everyone can get the monetary benefits, I have to really see of it works for Indian users.

You can earn from a medium by doing guest posting for other. For example, You can offer a service of guest posting on medium for $20. Use Facebook groups to get clients. I am seeing many of them doing this.
  • 1

User avatar
jobless dude
 
Posts: 454
Location: Chennai | Tamil Nadu | India
Reputation: 29
ForumCoin: 323

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby dominique » 08 Dec 2018, 22:16

cmoneyspinner wrote:
dominique wrote:earnings on medium depends on number of claps you get. Therefore don't expect to earn much.


So are you using the Medium Partners Program? I don't understand what you mean by earnings based on "claps".

I am not medium publishing partner, they pay with stripe and stripe is not available in my location. They do not have paypal or other payment system.
  • 1

User avatar
dominique
 
Posts: 3,086
Reputation: 266
ForumCoin: 62

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby cmoneyspinner » 09 Dec 2018, 01:00

jobless dude wrote:You can earn from a medium by doing guest posting for other. For example, You can offer a service of guest posting on medium for $20. Use Facebook groups to get clients. I am seeing many of them doing this.


Can you name some of the Facebook Groups? Cause there are an awful lot of Facebook groups?

--- 08 Dec 2018, 19:01 ---

kat82 wrote:Thanks for clarifying. Let me join instantly and see if they will allow me do that. Hopefully there are other earning ways on site.


Will you be using the same user name? If so I'll look for your content.
  • 0

User avatar
cmoneyspinner
 
Posts: 5,213
Location: Texas USA
Referrals: 4
Reputation: 1667
ForumCoin: 26

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Reputation System ©'