ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby arunima » 09 Oct 2018, 07:56

I have not heard of it. I have to explore and see. But as Chameli mentioned in the above post that not everyone can get the monetary benefits, I have to really see of it works for Indian users.

arunima

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 742

Postby dominique » 09 Oct 2018, 22:39

earnings on medium depends on number of claps you get. Therefore don't expect to earn much.

dominique

ForumCoin: 62

Postby Chameli » 30 Nov 2018, 11:32

arunima wrote:I have not heard of it. I have to explore and see. But as Chameli mentioned in the above post that not everyone can get the monetary benefits, I have to really see of it works for Indian users.

It used stripe payment and stripe is not yet available in India.

Chameli

ForumCoin: 31

Postby dominique » 01 Dec 2018, 21:39

Chameli wrote:
arunima wrote:I have not heard of it. I have to explore and see. But as Chameli mentioned in the above post that not everyone can get the monetary benefits, I have to really see of it works for Indian users.

It used stripe payment and stripe is not yet available in India.

yes, medium uses stripe to send funds and currently stripe is available only in handful of countries.

dominique

Postby cmoneyspinner » 02 Dec 2018, 04:47

dominique wrote:earnings on medium depends on number of claps you get. Therefore don't expect to earn much.

So are you using the Medium Partners Program? I don't understand what you mean by earnings based on "claps".

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 26

Postby Sam » 02 Dec 2018, 06:52

cmoneyspinner wrote:
dominique wrote:earnings on medium depends on number of claps you get. Therefore don't expect to earn much.

So are you using the Medium Partners Program? I don't understand what you mean by earnings based on "claps".

https://help.medium.com/hc/en-us/articl ... er-Program gives a good idea behind the earnings part of Medium.

"Claps" are a little like reputation on ForumCoin or Likes. But... on Medium they kind of give an indication into the effort, ingenuity or helpfulness behind an article.

Earn $7FC with this new offer!

Sam
Community Moderator

Referrals: 13
ForumCoin: 1,603

Postby Chameli » 05 Dec 2018, 10:02

@sam people are abusing the clap system. They are paying people to clap on their medium content. Therefore, I believe claps are no longer the standard of the content.

Chameli

Postby dominique » 05 Dec 2018, 23:44

medium uses stripe to send payment, stripe is available in a handful of countries. Anyone can publish on medium, you don;t even have to publish a new article, you can reuse existing article.

dominique

Postby sofs » 06 Dec 2018, 06:29

cmoneyspinner wrote:Yes. I use Medium for republished content. I used to use YAHOO Voices because they accepted republished content. But they closed down. I also used Niume. But the owner passed away and Niume shut down.

I am very pleased that I can use this platform because as you say it is respected and does have a wide reach. I use it to circulate my content but also it is very informative and I learn a lot.

They now have a Partners Programs and supposedly you can get hired as a writer. I have never used the program.

This sounds like a great place to write articles, drive traffic to your blogs and a good place for back links, thanks for the information. I have never heard about medium before.. I think I will take a look at it.
One quick question though, does it also permit poetry to be published?

sofs

ForumCoin: 145

Postby kat82 » 07 Dec 2018, 06:09

Kei wrote:
cinderella wrote:I have visited the site but haven't done anything yet. I read somewhere that we can republish articles on the site and can earn as well. I am still trying to find out how to do it though.

By "republish" do you articles that have been published else where before?

If the answer is yes, then the is worth to use for backlinks for traffic purposes. Republishing is good for as long as the way it is done is best in the seo side.

kat82

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 299

Postby Chameli » 07 Dec 2018, 09:18

@kat82 medium allows you to republish your article. You don't even have to copy paste your article, you can easily import your article by adding your article link. Publishing the article will leave a link on the bottom that says originally published on xyx dot com

Chameli

Postby kat82 » 08 Dec 2018, 10:27

Chameli wrote:@kat82 medium allows you to republish your article. You don't even have to copy paste your article, you can easily import your article by adding your article link. Publishing the article will leave a link on the bottom that says originally published on xyx dot com

Thanks for clarifying. Let me join instantly and see if they will allow me do that. Hopefully there are other earning ways on site.

kat82

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 299

Postby jobless dude » 08 Dec 2018, 15:18

You can earn from a medium by doing guest posting for other. For example, You can offer a service of guest posting on medium for $20. Use Facebook groups to get clients. I am seeing many of them doing this.

jobless dude

ForumCoin: 323

Postby dominique » 08 Dec 2018, 22:16

cmoneyspinner wrote:

I am not medium publishing partner, they pay with stripe and stripe is not available in my location. They do not have paypal or other payment system.

dominique

Postby cmoneyspinner » 09 Dec 2018, 01:00

jobless dude wrote:You can earn from a medium by doing guest posting for other. For example, You can offer a service of guest posting on medium for $20. Use Facebook groups to get clients. I am seeing many of them doing this.

Can you name some of the Facebook Groups? Cause there are an awful lot of Facebook groups?

--- 08 Dec 2018, 19:01 ---

kat82 wrote:Thanks for clarifying. Let me join instantly and see if they will allow me do that. Hopefully there are other earning ways on site.

Will you be using the same user name? If so I'll look for your content.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 26

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News