ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: has anyone used Medium

Postby cmoneyspinner » 16 Aug 2018, 23:20

dominique wrote:I did not know you could republish contents on medium. Do they allow backlinks?

You have got to try Medium. They use something called a "canonical URL". That means that when the search engines sees your content, it knows that the original content resides at the original URL and then Google doesn't count it as duplicate content.

As for backlinks, they are allowed but I never checked as to whether they are "do follow" or "no follow".

The republishing process is super easy! What I usually do is import my content, edit or tweak it and if I can think of any additional related links of interest, I might supply them. It's just to enhance the content. Medium brings your content to a whole new audience. I can't sing my praises loud enough for this site. It's awesome! :clap: :clap:

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 26

Postby augusta » 19 Aug 2018, 18:46

Never knew about medium ,I have to read more about it then, I hope it will be better then iwriter. I'm becoming there because of less tasks for standard writers

augusta

ForumCoin: 388

Postby Vinaya » 19 Aug 2018, 22:30

You can use medium to gain a reputation as a writer as medium has a wide reach. You can also use medium to market and promote your business.

Vinaya

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 0

Postby dominique » 19 Aug 2018, 22:59

Vinaya wrote:You can use medium to gain a reputation as a writer as medium has a wide reach. You can also use medium to market and promote your business.

Do they allow backlinks. The articles I have read on medium do not have any backlinks accept the link to the author site.

dominique

ForumCoin: 62

Postby Chameli » 19 Aug 2018, 23:14

If you are not receiving any monetary rewards, I think you are allowed to generate backlinks, just like in ezine articles.

Chameli

ForumCoin: 31

Postby johnywalker » 20 Aug 2018, 05:12

Never heard of this? What kind of site exactly is medium. If we are allowed to publish articles, what kind of articles they approve?

johnywalker

Postby kavinitu » 20 Aug 2018, 07:10

I have never heard of this site, hope you find enough information from other people here. :thumbup:

kavinitu

ForumCoin: 24

Postby cmoneyspinner » 20 Aug 2018, 21:45

johnywalker wrote:Never heard of this? What kind of site exactly is medium. If we are allowed to publish articles, what kind of articles they approve?

This site has a certain standard. They are looking for serious writers who can express themselves clearly. On rare occasion, I have seen people's profiles deleted. But if you visit the site you will see that they are flexible and allow the writers freedom of expression. I feel that way. I write about varied topics. They have never asked me to leave. I've been at the site for a few years. My experience has been good. I don't use it for money. I use it to redirect traffic to my blogs. I can use it for money if I sign up for the Partners Program. I'm still thinking on it.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 26

Postby johnywalker » 21 Aug 2018, 15:58

cmoneyspinner wrote:
johnywalker wrote:Never heard of this? What kind of site exactly is medium. If we are allowed to publish articles, what kind of articles they approve?

This site has a certain standard. They are looking for serious writers who can express themselves clearly. On rare occasion, I have seen people's profiles deleted. But if you visit the site you will see that they are flexible and allow the writers freedom of expression. I feel that way. I write about varied topics. They have never asked me to leave. I've been at the site for a few years. My experience has been good. I don't use it for money. I use it to redirect traffic to my blogs. I can use it for money if I sign up for the Partners Program. I'm still thinking on it.

So, medium allows you to monetize your contents. I am not a writer and I do not have any intentions to become a writer. However, I am thinking to launch an online business and I was wondering if I could use to for promotion.

johnywalker

Postby dominique » 23 Aug 2018, 00:07

Quality of contents matters everywhere. It is free platform does not mean you can post trash or poorly written content.

dominique

Postby cinderella » 06 Oct 2018, 22:50

cmoneyspinner wrote:This site has a certain standard. They are looking for serious writers who can express themselves clearly. On rare occasion, I have seen people's profiles deleted. But if you visit the site you will see that they are flexible and allow the writers freedom of expression. I feel that way. I write about varied topics. They have never asked me to leave. I've been at the site for a few years. My experience has been good. I don't use it for money. I use it to redirect traffic to my blogs. I can use it for money if I sign up for the Partners Program. I'm still thinking on it.

I can see that the site is doing well in terms of SEO. I also read good things about their Partners Program.

cinderella

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 1,430

Postby Chameli » 07 Oct 2018, 08:30

I discovered that you can not only republish your contents but also share links in fact you can import your article and do not have to bother with copying content on the text box. You can also monetize your contents.

Chameli

Postby cinderella » 07 Oct 2018, 14:36

I discovered about republishing content when I read one article from the site and the article has a note that it was originally published in another site. I also read most of Neil Patel's articles so I already came across about Medium as a good way to increase traffic. We should really need to learn more about Medium as it can help us more with our blogging activities.

$$$"EXCHANGE YOUR BITCOINS TO ANOTHER CURRENCY, INSTANTLY!"$$$

Exchanging from one digital and crypto currency to another is easy & automatic & instant with Changer.com. Just (1) select the exchange direction, (2) enter the amount you want to change, (3) click the 'Exchange' button. It's really that simple!

cinderella

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 1,430

Postby dominique » 08 Oct 2018, 22:34

cinderella wrote:I discovered about republishing content when I read one article from the site and the article has a note that it was originally published in another site. I also read most of Neil Patel's articles so I already came across about Medium as a good way to increase traffic. We should really need to learn more about Medium as it can help us more with our blogging activities.

I am not sure if you can get traffic from medium. You can republish contents, however, I don't think people will check the link to the original post after reading the article on medium. However, I think medium can be a great platform to build backlinks.

dominique

Postby Chameli » 09 Oct 2018, 07:46

I just discovered that monetizing medium contents is not available for everyone. If stripe is not accepted in your location, you cannot participate in medium partner program.

Chameli

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News