ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: self-hosted blog vs free blogs

Postby dominique » 05 Dec 2018, 23:56

Free blogs are not very beneficial because you have limited options for monetization. However, you can use free blogs to give backlinks to your main site.

dominique

ForumCoin: 62

Postby kingcool52 » 06 Dec 2018, 18:19

Does anyone know what Wordpress allows in terms of putting up your own advertisements on your blog? My friend who has a movie review blog said he didn't add Adsense on there, not sure if it's because he doesn't want to add it or if he's not allowed to.

kingcool52

ForumCoin: 161

Postby kat82 » 07 Dec 2018, 06:15

dominique wrote:It takes time to earn money through blogging. You might have to wait for years to see a substantial increase in your earnings.

.....and then think of upgrading to self host. For starters, I recommend them to start with free host since it helps them get started and learn everything in detail before switching to paid versions which are spendings

kat82

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 299

Postby jobless dude » 12 Dec 2018, 04:11

At the time of starting, I used blogger to learn few basic concepts. Then I opened a blog with a custom domain name and hosting. Now it's ranking on Google. My next plan is to write more and more blogs to attract organic traffic.

jobless dude

ForumCoin: 323

Postby kat82 » 12 Dec 2018, 09:54

jobless dude wrote:At the time of starting, I used blogger to learn few basic concepts. Then I opened a blog with a custom domain name and hosting. Now it's ranking on Google. My next plan is to write more and more blogs to attract organic traffic.

The more you do what you love, the better the chances of having things working better. I know it takes time to build something worth it and which is why starting with a free blog can help. Blogger is my same story and imagine with a dot tk. But now, things changed.

kat82

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 299

Previous

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News