ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: Lenght for a blog post

Postby cinderella » 08 Oct 2018, 19:50

Technically, when writing an article, the introductory part can already have some considerable length, so a well-written post could really be more than 500 words. We have to consider that a good post should have an introduction, the body, conclusion and the call to action.

Visit IDEAL CAREER IDEAS for new online earning ideas!
DATA ENTRY SITES THAT YOU CAN JOIN IN 2019
cinderella

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 256

Postby Chameli » 17 Jan 2019, 08:51

If you want to follow the standard procedure of writing that has a good opening, well explored middle and convincing ending, I think you need to write around 700 words for your post. I think this is a good length for Google to rank your content and the people to find useful information.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby jobless dude » 17 Jan 2019, 10:15

Chameli wrote:In your opinion what is the good length of a blog post. They say your post needs to be at least 300 words and Google loves content that is a way longer than 300 words, possibly 1500-2000 words.

Check the first three links for the keyword that you are going to use. For example, if they have 500 words you can write 700 words. Length depends on your competitor blog.

jobless dude

ForumCoin: 84

Postby sofs » 17 Jan 2019, 10:50

Posts should at least be 400 words or more. But the length of each post can be dictated by the subject itself. Some subjects need more explanation than others. Some do well with bullet points which are more appealing to an audience that is in a hurry to move to the next post.

sofs

ForumCoin: 2,186

Postby nakitakona » 17 Jan 2019, 12:13

The minimum number of words I have encountered in a writing sites where I used to write is 300 words. But there are some sites that require more than that. Therefore, the number of words to be written is dependent on the site's requirements. The longer the content, the better or higher is the payment. Of course, it should be a good content.

nakitakona

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 612

Postby Rational Mind » 17 Jan 2019, 22:39

I usually strive for around 700 words. When a blog post has at least 700 words, you can provide valuable information for the people and search engines to consider that your post has quality. You can also use more ad units if you have more words in your posts.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby Ash » 18 Jan 2019, 13:29

I know that people don't always have the time to read articles properly. I'm striving to create a webmaster blog that is more casual so I'm usually striving for around 500-700 words per article.

Ash

ForumCoin: 360

Postby jobless dude » 19 Jan 2019, 04:20

Blogging is saturated on few niches especially Digital Marketing and Earn Money Online. If your niche is related to Digital Marketing using podcast and make your keywords to appear on first 10 words. Google voice search is going to crawl voice search too so make your keywords to appear on the first sentence of your podcast.

jobless dude

Postby Chameli » 20 Jan 2019, 06:09

kingcool52 wrote:I know that people don't always have the time to read articles properly. I'm striving to create a webmaster blog that is more casual so I'm usually striving for around 500-700 words per article.

I aim for at least 700 words. By having a 700 words article, I can use three ad units inside the post.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby raviva » 20 Jan 2019, 06:34

I think If your content has more than 500 words that will be potential for an ideal blog.

raviva

ForumCoin: 12

Postby a_jerobon » 21 Jan 2019, 07:14

Chameli wrote:In your opinion what is the good length of a blog post. They say your post needs to be at least 300 words and Google loves content that is a way longer than 300 words, possibly 1500-2000 words.

I do not like reading very long posts, I think many people don't. I like the short and easily understandable articles. For the sake of google and earning more, people like writing long blog posts.

a_jerobon

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 220

Postby cinderella » 21 Jan 2019, 13:21

jobless dude wrote:Check the first three links for the keyword that you are going to use. For example, if they have 500 words you can write 700 words. Length depends on your competitor blog.

This is a good point to consider. So, oftentimes, those who are ranking well are long blog posts. So if I am aiming to rank, I need to write longer blog posts.

Visit IDEAL CAREER IDEAS for new online earning ideas!
DATA ENTRY SITES THAT YOU CAN JOIN IN 2019
cinderella

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 256

Postby jobless dude » 21 Jan 2019, 14:13

cinderella wrote:
jobless dude wrote:Check the first three links for the keyword that you are going to use. For example, if they have 500 words you can write 700 words. Length depends on your competitor blog.

This is a good point to consider. So, oftentimes, those who are ranking well are long blog posts. So if I am aiming to rank, I need to write longer blog posts.

Long post won't work on few niches. Also on the most profitable keywords, you can only see a paid ads on the first 3 links. Google is destroying their market on their own by doing these things.

jobless dude

Postby sofs » 22 Jan 2019, 10:43

Its great to have 700 words and three ads but do readers have the patience for it?
Its great for the business but is it good for the reader?
Why are there more subscribers to vlogs and youtube channels than blogs?
Are today's readers more tuned to multi tasking which is possible with videos or vlogs rather than blogs?
Just a few questions that come to mind when I see how blogs are fading out.

sofs

ForumCoin: 2,186

Postby Rational Mind » 22 Jan 2019, 17:42

sofs wrote:Its great to have 700 words and three ads but do readers have the patience for it?
Its great for the business but is it good for the reader?
Why are there more subscribers to vlogs and youtube channels than blogs?
Are today's readers more tuned to multi tasking which is possible with videos or vlogs rather than blogs?
Just a few questions that come to mind when I see how blogs are fading out.

In my experience, people do read your post. However, in order to encourage people to read your content, you need to have attractive title and grab attention in the first paragraph.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News