ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: Lenght for a blog post

Postby Rational Mind » 14 Aug 2018, 23:51

On my health blog, I am writing posts with the length of around 800 words. I am using three ad units inside the post. I think I should target for at least 1000 words if I am using three ad units.

Rational Mind

ForumCoin: 36

Postby Chameli » 23 Aug 2018, 15:12

dominique wrote:On my health blog, I am writing posts with the length of around 800 words. I am using three ad units inside the post. I think I should target for at least 1000 words if I am using three ad units.

I always aim between 450 words and 1000 words. The lenght of the post is determined by the topic.

Chameli

ForumCoin: 116

Postby RianK » 23 Aug 2018, 16:24

Oooh, good one - it depends, on loads of stuff.

If you consider the average reader nowadays, they want it fast and easy, so I guess nothing more than 400. But if you consider ranking in Google and so on, I guess it's better if it's longer.

Personally I don't really care about the length, I have some blog posts which are under 150, but also have some which are over 1000. I don't even really consider the length of the article, unless it's a really long one, and it really needs to be split into more, readable, parts. I have a teaching blog, so I guess in my case it's really important to get the message through, and explain things as thoroughly as possible, without going over board - so in my case, every blog page is different, I make them as long as they need to be to be proper, and be happy with the outcome.

I used to help a friend with a site and blog about fashion and those sorts of things, and the pages in that case were mostly pictures and some very to the point comments, so most of them were around 250-300, some even less than that. But that was years ago, when people still sort of took the time to 'read' a blog post, not just skim through it......

dizzying, right? :crazy:

RianK

ForumCoin: 174

Postby Chameli » 24 Aug 2018, 10:47

In order to stay safe with search engines, your blog entry needs to be at least 300 words, some say the word count should be around 200 words. There is no certainty about how much words you need

Chameli

ForumCoin: 116

Postby freelancermariagrace » 25 Aug 2018, 12:10

Yes, 300 words and above. The content should be useful and relevant. You can use Google Adwords Keyword Planner for your blog.

freelancermariagrace

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 153

Postby Rational Mind » 31 Aug 2018, 21:46

freelancermariagrace wrote:Yes, 300 words and above. The content should be useful and relevant. You can use Google Adwords Keyword Planner for your blog.

I always aim for 500 words and above. longer the article, larger the space for using primary and secondary keywords.

Rational Mind

Postby johnywalker » 09 Sep 2018, 13:26

I am on a writing site, I post 700-900 words article. I think this is a good length as it gives room to use three ad units inside the post, which benefits the website owners and writers.

johnywalker

ForumCoin: 16

Postby rakski » 11 Sep 2018, 05:43

I think 300 words is a good start to make a blog, not too much but not too litle.

rakski

ForumCoin: 662

Postby Vinaya » 11 Sep 2018, 05:45

The best practice is to aim for 1000 words. You can give the entire information for the readers as well as satisfy the search engines.

Vinaya

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 0

Postby Rational Mind » 12 Sep 2018, 23:24

That's very true. If your post is around 1000 words, you can attract search engines with the keywords and subtitles. You can use more keywords in 1000 word article than in 500 word article. Like wise you can have more ads in a 1000 word article than in 500 word article.

Rational Mind

Postby A K Rao » 13 Sep 2018, 06:11

I think most of the people they want short and informative blogs. Making a blog too lengthy may be useful to get it listed in the google search which is again a important thing, but this may not be attractive always. Instead of making lengthy blogs one can incorporate some good , quality, relevant pictures in their blogs to make them interesting!

A K Rao

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 388

Postby johnywalker » 20 Sep 2018, 17:31

A K Rao wrote:I think most of the people they want short and informative blogs. Making a blog too lengthy may be useful to get it listed in the google search which is again a important thing, but this may not be attractive always. Instead of making lengthy blogs one can incorporate some good , quality, relevant pictures in their blogs to make them interesting!

If your post provides information and written in an engaging ways and also is well formatted, length does not matter you will always have readers

johnywalker

ForumCoin: 16

Postby kat82 » 07 Oct 2018, 10:51

On my blog, my article are anywhere between 300 and unlimited number of words. This number is good since you are able to explain to the reader in detail. When accompanies by an image, articles of 300 words and more rock!

kat82

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 39

Postby freelancermariagrace » 08 Oct 2018, 11:26

In my opinion, it's 500 and more words. But Google loves 1000 words and more.

freelancermariagrace

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 153

Postby cmoneyspinner » 08 Oct 2018, 17:01

I just did some research on this topic over the weekend and of course everybody has a different answer. But one study says 1,000 words is one of the best lengths for a blog post. Even though that's what the study says, I think 300 to 500 good enough! :lol:

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 31

PreviousNext

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News