*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: free online course vs paid online course

Postby Chameli » 22 Jan 2018, 20:18

augusta wrote:I will try Alison site I have heard a lot about it and I will like to try their courses

You can take the course for free, however, if you want the certificate of completion so that you can showcase it on your portfolio, you will have to pay for it. I don't know how much it cost.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Banner Ad

Postby BJHB » 23 Jan 2018, 05:05

I would prefer free course. But most of the free course provider I found online wants fees for giving the certificate. Course are free and certificates are not as I experienced. But, if I found a service that offers certicate with training at free of cost. Then I am surely in for courses.

BJHB

Referrals: 7
ForumCoin: 52

Postby Yugocean » 23 Jan 2018, 09:16

I won't mind paid course if it is from a real institute which will offer real degree; but wor normal understanding, free is better.

Yugocean

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 3,958

Postby anorona » 23 Jan 2018, 09:21

If you can afford paid courses then go for it, I am sure there is a little advantage that you can get on paid courses, but I am not saying that free courses is bad, after all, both are
for your
learnings.

anorona

ForumCoin: 308

Postby Rational Mind » 28 Jan 2018, 23:19

BJHB wrote:I would prefer free course. But most of the free course provider I found online wants fees for giving the certificate. Course are free and certificates are not as I experienced. But, if I found a service that offers certicate with training at free of cost. Then I am surely in for courses.

Leaning has two purpose:
one :to gain knowledge and skills.
Two:to show case your knowledge and get jobs.
Whether you want to pay for certificate depends on your purpose.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby zkhr » 29 Jan 2018, 16:08

I think the the second because when you give money to someone to do what you want, he work seriously with you

zkhr

ForumCoin: 21

Postby augusta » 31 Jan 2018, 04:03

BJHB wrote:I would prefer free course. But most of the free course provider I found online wants fees for giving the certificate. Course are free and certificates are not as I experienced. But, if I found a service that offers certicate with training at free of cost. Then I am surely in for courses.

Buddy,everything can't just be free,if you are done with free training just pay the token for the certification and add it to your portfolio it helps a lot.

augusta

ForumCoin: 6

Postby tusziget » 02 Feb 2018, 06:36

Well,you might be right about it.It is good to take free courses,but to have certification is also a very good thing,because you can get jobs easier.

tusziget

ForumCoin: 13

Postby shaan228 » 02 Feb 2018, 07:28

I heard of udemy and it was a three day french course i tried, never heard Alison will check that

shaan228

ForumCoin: 473

Postby Chameli » 02 Feb 2018, 22:13

shaan228 wrote:I heard of udemy and it was a three day french course i tried, never heard Alison will check that

If you want to learn French language, I think you have to try the programs that specialize in providing language training. Udemy might me good for language course but the language learning programs are better.

Chameli
Banned

Postby ayoubmarka » 13 Feb 2018, 21:49

All udemy paid courses they're free on thepiratesbay

ayoubmarka

ForumCoin: 128

Postby Chameli » 13 Feb 2018, 22:04

ayoubmarka wrote:All udemy paid courses they're free on thepiratesbay

If you are using piratesbay to take udemy courses, it means you are doing illegal activity.

Chameli
Banned

Postby ayoubmarka » 21 Feb 2018, 23:08

i'd rather go with paid online courses they're more valuable , there's promotions every weeks on paid courses in Udemy .

ayoubmarka

ForumCoin: 128

Postby Chameli » 22 Feb 2018, 21:50

ayoubmarka wrote:i'd rather go with paid online courses they're more valuable , there's promotions every weeks on paid courses in Udemy .

Udemy is a trusted learnin g program. During the promotion period, you can enroll for a course for as little as $10.

Chameli
Banned

Postby kaka135 » 22 Feb 2018, 22:20

Chameli wrote:
augusta wrote:I will try Alison site I have heard a lot about it and I will like to try their courses

You can take the course for free, however, if you want the certificate of completion so that you can showcase it on your portfolio, you will have to pay for it. I don't know how much it cost.

Thanks for sharing the Alison site. I am not sure if I have come across this site, but I just took a look, there are plenty of courses. I agree with you, if we are to showcase what we have learned, perhaps it's good to go for the paid courses. Otherwise, perhaps it'd be good to just take the free courses, if it's not enough, then only we opt for the paid courses.

kaka135

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 0

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News