ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Landing the first job on Fiverr

Postby augusta » 30 Oct 2017, 17:27

Are you on Fiverr and you are making sales everyday please how did you land your first job. I just created an account and focusing on copy writing and content contribution.

please how can I capture my first client.

augusta

ForumCoin: 405

Re: Landing the first job on Fiverr

Postby ahmedo24 » 30 Oct 2017, 20:00

You can do that by accepting low paid jobs at starts just to win the mind of your clients, with time they will recommend you and sky will be your limit.

ahmedo24

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 71

Postby chekdn » 31 Oct 2017, 11:06

I would also be glad to read comments here. I have had my own share of not geting orders on fiverr so it would be nice to read how people do it. Hopefully, i will learn one or two things here.

chekdn

ForumCoin: 164

Postby amitkokiladitya » 02 Nov 2017, 11:44

It has been almost a year that I have made my account on Fiverr. But, I have not done anything till date. I'm looking forward to gain some knowledge on this thread. Maybe I find something to start up soon.

amitkokiladitya

ForumCoin: 382

Postby chekdn » 04 Nov 2017, 12:33

amitkokiladitya wrote:It has been almost a year that I have made my account on Fiverr. But, I have not done anything till date. I'm looking forward to gain some knowledge on this thread. Maybe I find something to start up soon.

I think you made the same mistake i made by not understanding fully how fiverr works before signing up. Hope you gain more knowledge and begin earning on the platform. I am planning to start all over again.

chekdn

Postby thisnthat » 04 Nov 2017, 14:45

chekdn wrote:I think you made the same mistake i made by not understanding fully how fiverr works before signing up. Hope you gain more knowledge and begin earning on the platform. I am planning to start all over again.

That's probably not a bad idea. Start fresh instead of using an account that just looks stagnant.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 393

Postby MAYENZ » 05 Nov 2017, 00:55

I joined fiverr a couple of years ago but quit since I could not do any thing there

MAYENZ

ForumCoin: -1

Postby skysnap » 05 Nov 2017, 07:16

Creating new account may not be a good idea. They are doing the phone validation these days.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 1,487

Postby Angie10 » 05 Nov 2017, 09:49

It's got tougher on Fiverr, as if it wasn't already! While it's a mammoth task to secure your very first gig, it's also near impossible to keep up the momentum. I've been a member for a few years now and last year I had the best run ever as I made over a $1 000 there.

I actually thought that the only way was up from that point on. However, I've had my bubble burst because so far this year I've had 1 lone gig. Granted, I'm not very active on the site and all that, but even still, I've had no enquiries. But good luck if you do go ahead and set up an account :)

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,925

Postby chekdn » 05 Nov 2017, 13:11

thisnthat wrote:
chekdn wrote:I think you made the same mistake i made by not understanding fully how fiverr works before signing up. Hope you gain more knowledge and begin earning on the platform. I am planning to start all over again.

That's probably not a bad idea. Start fresh instead of using an account that just looks stagnant.

You are right. I have already deleted the account for sometime now. I will signup with a fresh account and hopefully things would work fine this time around.

chekdn

Postby joemael » 08 Nov 2017, 09:17

augusta wrote:Are you on Fiverr and you are making sales everyday please how did you land your first job. I just created an account and focusing on copy writing and content contribution.

please how can I capture my first client.

its very very hard to even gain client on fiver,, so u must be patience enough to succesfull on that forum

joemael

ForumCoin: 162

Postby chekdn » 08 Nov 2017, 10:09

skysnap wrote:Creating new account may not be a good idea. They are doing the phone validation these days.

Well, in my case, when i opened my account, there was no such thing atleast for my country. Even now i thought they are doing that for US accounts only, to frustrate people outside US that do open their accounts with VPN and make it seen like they are from US.

chekdn

Postby blair » 08 Nov 2017, 10:20

This site is not for everyone especially if you are not the type who can thrive on competition. It is a wild world out there. So many people with better skill set compared to what you can offer. I hope that does not discourage you because you never know when the right opportunity will come. I too had an account and gave up the moment I saw how huge the competition could be -- but that is me. I know this is not the space I could thrive in and so I focused on the sites that I am already making money from.

blair

ForumCoin: 274

Postby nela13 » 08 Nov 2017, 10:37

I have heard a lot of good reviews about Fiverr, but I haven't joined yet as I think I wouldn't have much work there. I have also heard about the competitions and I am not sure if I want to fight for a job, but there are people making a lot of money working there.

nela13

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 1,601

Postby dominique » 28 Nov 2017, 23:28

A new seller can attract customers only by offering services for a low price. You cannot create a gig for less than $5. Many people are charging $5 for one 500 word article. You can lower the price to 2 articles for $5, so that people are attracted to your offer.

dominique

ForumCoin: 125

Next

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News