ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Joining Blog Hops

Postby Shellyann36 » 27 Oct 2017, 14:03

I started my blog a few years ago and then I got bogged down with life and my twins. I still have the blog but I just stopped maintaining it. The twins are finally in school and I would like bring my blog back to life. This brings the matter of traffic. In the past, I joined so many blog hops I felt like a frog. I don't think they really helped my blog but they certainly helped all of the blogs I visited and posted on. For me, it was very time consuming to read the blogs and come up with a quality post. Some blog hops had 50 to 100 blogs to post on. No matter what, I always felt as if I did not get much from the blog hops as far as traffic and comments but I certainly put in the extra effort to help other bloggers.

If you are a blogger, do you take part in blog hops? If you do, do you feel as if they help your blog as far as traffic and comments go?
  • 0

Shellyann36
 
Posts: 43
Reputation: 9
ForumCoin: 57

Re: Joining Blog Hops

Postby augusta » 27 Oct 2017, 14:35

Well I think it helps to an extent at least when you drop comments with your link in tow at least some persons would want to.check out your blog though the traffic wouldn't be much at least one still gain some.
  • 0

augusta
 
Posts: 1,369
Reputation: 65
ForumCoin: 389

Re: Joining Blog Hops

Postby Shellyann36 » 27 Oct 2017, 14:46

augusta wrote:Well I think it helps to an extent at least when you drop comments with your link in tow at least some persons would want to.check out your blog though the traffic wouldn't be much at least one still gain some.


Most blogs automatically wanted your email and blog address/web address automatically. I did notice that quite a few of the blog hops specifically state that you cannot leave a link with the comment.
  • 0

Shellyann36
 
Posts: 43
Reputation: 9
ForumCoin: 57

Re: Joining Blog Hops

Postby joemael » 28 Oct 2017, 08:05

what is Blog Hops ? its kind of traffic exchange for visitor ?
  • 0

User avatar
joemael
 
Posts: 126
Reputation: 8
ForumCoin: 162

Re: Joining Blog Hops

Postby ahmedo24 » 28 Oct 2017, 19:00

joemael wrote:what is Blog Hops ? its kind of traffic exchange for visitor ?

It like a platform where you find linking up with others, it in a way helps to make you advertise your blog.
  • 0

ahmedo24
 
Posts: 1,416
Referrals: 23
Reputation: 60
ForumCoin: 62

Re: Joining Blog Hops

Postby Shellyann36 » 29 Oct 2017, 12:39

ahmedo24 wrote:
joemael wrote:what is Blog Hops ? its kind of traffic exchange for visitor ?

It like a platform where you find linking up with others, it in a way helps to make you advertise your blog.


@joemael @ahmedo24 is exactly right. A few people who own a blog get together and create these blog hops that others can sign up for. Each blog on the list is supposed to get a visit and a comment from the rest of the bloggers on the list. It is to generate traffic and comments. It did not work out so well for me.
  • 0

Shellyann36
 
Posts: 43
Reputation: 9
ForumCoin: 57

Re: Joining Blog Hops

Postby Angie10 » 29 Oct 2017, 13:00

That's interesting and although my blog is about to turn 1, I'd never heard of those LOL It'd be interesting to see how well they work. In your opinion @Shellyann36, why didn't they work for you? Any you'd recommend? Someone has previously come up with the idea of FC bloggers doing something similar, but it's never taken off. I'll be watching this thread.
  • 0

User avatar
Angie10
 
Posts: 7,411
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Referrals: 2
Reputation: 1654
ForumCoin: 1,925

Re: Joining Blog Hops

Postby Shellyann36 » 08 Nov 2017, 14:29

Angie10 wrote:That's interesting and although my blog is about to turn 1, I'd never heard of those LOL It'd be interesting to see how well they work. In your opinion @Shellyann36, why didn't they work for you? Any you'd recommend? Someone has previously come up with the idea of FC bloggers doing something similar, but it's never taken off. I'll be watching this thread.


It really did not pan out that well for me. I visited numerous blogs and posted but even though I got visitors, I did not get that much content from the bloggers that visited me. The best way to find a hop is to google blog hop. I am sure numerous blog hops will show up for you. It would be nice if we could do something similar here on the forum.
  • 2

Shellyann36
 
Posts: 43
Reputation: 9
ForumCoin: 57

Re: Joining Blog Hops

Postby dominique » 28 Nov 2017, 23:24

I have never done this, but I did blog commenting. It had two purpose, one to backlink my site, two generate traffic. I always commented on high quality blogs.
  • 0

dominique
 
Posts: 259
Reputation: 21
ForumCoin: 113

Re: Joining Blog Hops

Postby SHOHANA » 04 Dec 2017, 06:59

blog hops is something new to me to hear, thanks for sharing
  • 0

User avatar
SHOHANA
 
Posts: 2,217
Referrals: 6
Reputation: 193
ForumCoin: 564

Re: Joining Blog Hops

Postby Little Mage » 04 Dec 2017, 07:12

I never got to try blog hops before!
But I am not sure if they will bring us real moneys.
Heeheeeeeeeee :D ;) <3 <3 <3 <3
  • 0

User avatar
Little Mage
 
Posts: 898
Location: Candy Land
Reputation: 42
ForumCoin: 467

Re: Joining Blog Hops

Postby Yugocean » 09 Dec 2017, 10:39

You need only one blog platform, a domain and hosting plan to bring your blog alive as your own website.
  • 0

User avatar
Yugocean
 
Posts: 1,696
Reputation: 53
ForumCoin: 894

Re: Joining Blog Hops

Postby zaib001 » 09 Dec 2017, 17:32

what is Blog Hops ? its sort of activity trade for guest ? ? ?
  • 0

zaib001
 
Posts: 23
Reputation: 0
ForumCoin: 21

Re: Joining Blog Hops

Postby Angie10 » 09 Dec 2017, 18:51

Shellyann36 wrote:
Angie10 wrote:That's interesting and although my blog is about to turn 1, I'd never heard of those LOL It'd be interesting to see how well they work. In your opinion @Shellyann36, why didn't they work for you? Any you'd recommend? Someone has previously come up with the idea of FC bloggers doing something similar, but it's never taken off. I'll be watching this thread.


It really did not pan out that well for me. I visited numerous blogs and posted but even though I got visitors, I did not get that much content from the bloggers that visited me. The best way to find a hop is to google blog hop. I am sure numerous blog hops will show up for you. It would be nice if we could do something similar here on the forum.


Thanks for your feedback :) It really helps because I wouldn't want to waste time on something that's very likely to flop. If I'm being honest, I find some of these 'fantastic' social media platforms useless when it comes to promoting blogs. I mean, take Google+ for instance; a lot of people have said it's worked wonders for them. BUT it's been useless for me :(
  • 0

User avatar
Angie10
 
Posts: 7,411
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Referrals: 2
Reputation: 1654
ForumCoin: 1,925


Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AMiRU and 1 guest

Reputation System ©'