ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Blog: Major Source of Fake News?

Postby talkerbee » 08 Oct 2017, 06:08

Agree or Not?

How we determine the real one?

talkerbee

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 547

Re: Blog: Major Source of Fake News?

Postby mildredtabitha » 08 Oct 2017, 07:36

Most news on social media especially the viral ones are mostly fake. The real news when exaggerated becomes fake. We shouldn't believe everything we hear or read.

mildredtabitha

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 172

Postby ahmedo24 » 08 Oct 2017, 10:51

Not all blogs gives fake news, mostly new bloggers does that drive traffic and such strategies don't last long.

ahmedo24

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 1,066

Postby talkerbee » 08 Oct 2017, 11:16

mildredtabitha wrote:Most news on social media especially the viral ones are mostly fake. The real news when exaggerated becomes fake. We shouldn't believe everything we hear or read.

ahmedo24 wrote:Not all blogs gives fake news, mostly new bloggers does that drive traffic and such strategies don't last long.

Is there any tips/merhods to identify if the blogs are giving real information?

talkerbee

Postby Angie10 » 08 Oct 2017, 11:28

ahmedo24 wrote:Not all blogs gives fake news, mostly new bloggers does that drive traffic and such strategies don't last long.

I totally agree with you on that, although I'm not sure such conduct can be attributed to new bloggers. If it is indeed true, I think it's just silly because if I found a blogger to be doing that, I'd never return to their blog ever again and I'm sure most other people feel that way. It's shocking, really!

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,925

Postby raaman » 08 Oct 2017, 11:40

talkerbee wrote:Agree or Not?

Before agreeing or not, by blog, do you mean 'blogs' of ordinary individuals or those owned and run by big shots and business houses for profit?
talkerbee wrote:How we determine the real one?

For this, very recently, here in India, the news paper 'Times of India' has published a full page ad detailing how to detect 'fake' news. :D I think if you search that on their online edition, you may get it. ;)

raaman

ForumCoin: 650

Postby talkerbee » 08 Oct 2017, 12:04

raaman wrote:Before agreeing or not, by blog, do you mean 'blogs' of ordinary individuals or those owned and run by big shots and business houses for profit?
For this, very recently, here in India, the news paper 'Times of India' has published a full page ad detailing how to detect 'fake' news. :D I think if you search that on their online edition, you may get it. ;)

I'm referring to individual giving information about events, health, politics, business and news ...etc. (Individual sharing anything under the sun information).

I'll try to search that one...

talkerbee

Postby raaman » 08 Oct 2017, 12:06

mildredtabitha wrote:We shouldn't believe everything we hear or read.

Yeah. That's the good approach one has to follow.

raaman

ForumCoin: 650

Postby talkerbee » 08 Oct 2017, 12:26

raaman wrote:

I think, one of us should be meticulous on what we read.

talkerbee

Postby mildredtabitha » 08 Oct 2017, 12:30

talkerbee wrote:
mildredtabitha wrote:Most news on social media especially the viral ones are mostly fake. The real news when exaggerated becomes fake. We shouldn't believe everything we hear or read.

Is there any tips/merhods to identify if the blogs are giving real information?

By checking the reference link or searching a similar topic to the one they have written about.

raaman wrote:

If that is a good approach, you should all give me a reputation point. :hair:

mildredtabitha

Postby talkerbee » 08 Oct 2017, 12:50

mildredtabitha wrote:By checking the reference link or searching a similar topic to the one they have written about.

Do you do that? How often?

talkerbee

Postby mildredtabitha » 08 Oct 2017, 13:05

talkerbee wrote:
mildredtabitha wrote:By checking the reference link or searching a similar topic to the one they have written about.

Do you do that? How often?

I only search but not to prove the if the news is real. I read from other sites to understand more. If I find contradicting information, then that is a possibility of fake news.

Most of the information nowadays is fake and I think we should always expect that. Some are obvious and I doubt if people can try to change the truth into a lie.

Is there any fake news you have found lately?

mildredtabitha

Postby talkerbee » 09 Oct 2017, 12:36

mildredtabitha wrote: Is there any fake news you have found lately?

I just watched it on T.V. news. Recently it was the hot topic on the news here in my country. Cause even though in the government (or gov't officials) sometimes they spread fake news. Issue also on about the bloggers, they used for personal & political interests. If I'm not mistaken...there is now laws punishing someone spreading fake news.

I think, everyone should aware this issue most especially now a days more people dependable on the net for accessing more information.

Everyone has responsibility even if you are a blogger or not.

talkerbee

Postby skysnap » 09 Oct 2017, 14:03

Buzzfeed, Vice, Huffingtonpost, are mostly full of fake stuff. People with journalism degree write about science and things that they never studied in college.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 1,421

Postby cmoneyspinner » 09 Oct 2017, 16:03

talkerbee wrote:Agree or Not?

How we determine the real one?

* * I always thought blogs were never intended to be “official news reports”. I don't think the bloggers ever revised their taglines or blog purpose and told the general public to come to them for real news. So I don't have a problem differentiating real from fake when I'm at a blog. I just accept what is written as whatever the blogger wanted to say. I prefer to go the sources that claim their purpose is to report the news and claim that they are reporting real news. That way when they don't, I know not to rely on them for trustworthy news reporting in the future.

As for an official government spreading "fake news"? I think they used to call that "propaganda". I'm pretty sure it's the same thing and that's been going on a for a while.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 81

Next

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News