*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Webmaster forum. Website development, design & management. Graphic design. Blog / Forum Set-up, Management, Admin & News

Re: Selling a blog

Postby huggy212 » 26 Oct 2017, 07:39

I think it will be harder to sell blog which has google adsense with it. I am not 100% sure but I think that would be the case because on google adsense you cannot just change the name of the hosted account. That's the reason why they are sending snail mail pin to determine if you are the true owner of that account. I think if you will not use adsense or transfer to another site that give ads then you will not have any problem.

huggy212

ForumCoin: 372

Banner Ad

Postby mildredtabitha » 27 Oct 2017, 18:35

huggy212 wrote:I think it will be harder to sell blog which has google adsense with it. I am not 100% sure but I think that would be the case because on google adsense you cannot just change the name of the hosted account. That's the reason why they are sending snail mail pin to determine if you are the true owner of that account. I think if you will not use adsense or transfer to another site that give ads then you will not have any problem.

So how can someone disconnect their blog from AdSense before trying to sell? Mine is connected to AdSense for a year now and is connected to chitika for a month now.

mildredtabitha

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 2

Postby cmoneyspinner » 28 Oct 2017, 15:25

mildredtabitha wrote:So how can someone disconnect their blog from AdSense before trying to sell? Mine is connected to AdSense for a year now and is connected to chitika for a month now.

As far as I understand you don't have to disconnect BEFORE the sale. Just let the buyer KNOW that your ads will be removed BEFORE the sale is completed. Hey! It's all about laying about the "specifics" in a contractual agreement.

You're selling. They're buying. Work it out with each other! :$:

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,835

Postby mildredtabitha » 28 Oct 2017, 15:31

cmoneyspinner wrote:
mildredtabitha wrote:So how can someone disconnect their blog from AdSense before trying to sell? Mine is connected to AdSense for a year now and is connected to chitika for a month now.

As far as I understand you don't have to disconnect BEFORE the sale. Just let the buyer KNOW that your ads will be removed BEFORE the sale is completed. Hey! It's all about laying about the "specifics" in a contractual agreement.

You're selling. They're buying. Work it out with each other! :$:

Thanks for explaining. I really have no experience in doing this. But I have understood what you mean and I will definitely put it into practice.

mildredtabitha

ForumCoin: 2

Postby Chameli » 29 Nov 2017, 08:57

In order to sell your blog, your blog should be already pulling traffic, your blog should also be already earning revenue. If your blog does not have good traffic and earning, you will not find a buyer.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby Yugocean » 29 Nov 2017, 10:56

I if get my blog popular, I will keep it and not sell it unless this is the important task. But for this I will go to highest bidder or a price set by me and advertise it.

Yugocean

ForumCoin: 3,958

Postby cmoneyspinner » 29 Nov 2017, 16:01

Yugocean wrote:I if get my blog popular, I will keep it and not sell it unless this is the important task. But for this I will go to highest bidder or a price set by me and advertise it.

I've known people who sold blogs for $100,000 and some for $1,000,000. Website and Blog selling is big business!

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,835

Postby Yugocean » 29 Nov 2017, 16:08

cmoneyspinner wrote:
Yugocean wrote:I if get my blog popular, I will keep it and not sell it unless this is the important task. But for this I will go to highest bidder or a price set by me and advertise it.

I've known people who sold blogs for $100,000 and some for $1,000,000. Website and Blog selling is big business!

If facebook comes to be sold, it will reach billions. Selling depends on popularity.

Yugocean

Postby kat82 » 30 Nov 2017, 07:57

Which kind of Blog do you own? Is it a custom domain or a sub domain? It is WordPress self-hosted or blogger or another? I would want to know all about the CMS you are using and some traffic stats so I tell you where best to sell. But, try out Bodis. They are good at selling sites.

kat82

Referrals: 69
ForumCoin: 1,420

Postby Yugocean » 01 Dec 2017, 06:12

They were in WordPress self-hosted and blogger, but I am not using them anymore. Even to comment in other blogs, I use open id.

Yugocean

Postby tusziget » 01 Dec 2017, 09:07

If you have daily good traffic on your site,you can sell it for a good price.

tusziget

ForumCoin: 13

Postby ladyninja » 01 Dec 2017, 15:03

Have always wondered why people decide to sell their blog or website. It seems to be a personal effect but I guess if it makes money then why not?

ladyninja

ForumCoin: 190

Postby tusziget » 02 Dec 2017, 05:14

You better have a successful site,to be able to sell at a god price.

tusziget

ForumCoin: 13

Postby Rational Mind » 13 Dec 2017, 22:05

selling the blog does not mean you are also selling your accounts on ad networks. When you sell a blog, you are not selling your adsense or amazon affiliate account.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby SanaChaudhary » 16 Dec 2017, 17:48

How to setup a blog

SanaChaudhary

ForumCoin: 67

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Webmaster Questions, Discussion & News